Blog

How to get ideas for your posts

June 15, 2016

I don’t work on Monday’s and can therefor use the day to do everything that I’m not available to do when I’m working. One of those things is to plan the topics for my blog for the week. It is not always easy to figure out what to write about when I want to deliver top quality for my readers. My blog is all about experiences and interests and it is hard to blog about only one thing since there are so many beautiful things to write about. Sometimes I just look around me and I find so many things to write about but sometimes I can really be stuck and empty for ideas. Then it is important to find some inspiration. I like to read what other bloggers write but occasionally I like to go a bit deeper and read books since I like to learn new things.

On Monday since I was alone I used the day to walk around in the city and brought with me my notes and took some notes of ideas that came to my mind. When I was walking I past by the library and I thought with myself that it would be a good idea to find a book that could help me to improve my vocabulary. I’m not only looking to improve my vocabulary but also getting inspiration that will make me a better writer. As bloggers we know that words are powerful and therefor it is important to learn to use the right words. I like to inspire others and therefor I search after things that can inspire my readers and maybe give them ideas as well on how to become a better blogger.

DSC_0502

DSC_0487

DSC_0494

There are incredibly many good books out there that motivates us and I rented six books that I’m planning to read in maximum two months. I didn’t choose really thick books since my english level is not as I wish and therefor I think it is better to start with thinner books and thereafter advance in the future.

When my boyfriend was done studying we met at Coffee Berry in the city. I told my boyfriend about the ideas that I had and he agreed with many of them and thought that I should get them down on the blog to make some good posts.

It doesn’t exist a successful formula for making a good blog rather you have to look around for inspiration and find out what interest you. It is important that you write about your interests and not about what you think others would like since then it would not come from your heart.

I would love to hear how you get the ideas for your blog?

Wish you a wonderful day!

Hugs♥

No Comments

• Reply Amitav Chowdhury June 15, 2016 at 11:16 am

Interesting post. As for me, I am the most random blogger ever I guess. I write whatever comes to my mind. Nothing planned. 🙂 But I know a lot of bloggers/writers plan their topics according to the genre and on which particular day they wish to publish them (not a bad idea at all). So, I guess it is a matter of convenience what works for the writer.

Wish you a wonderful day. 🙂

• Reply Roberta Pimentel June 15, 2016 at 11:53 am

I can write some time with out to plan, but it works better for me when I plan my topics . Is nice to hear how it works for you, and if works for you keep doing ?
      Have a good day!

• Reply rashimb June 15, 2016 at 12:09 pm

Great post !!! It’s impossible for me to write about a predetermined topic. So whatever comes to my mind becomes a concrete idea and I just go with the flow then. But yeah it’s an individual choice ?

• Reply kimknightauthor June 15, 2016 at 4:13 pm

Great post yes, idea generation can sometimes be hard for a blog, I don’t find it so much for story writing though maybe as it’s fiction I’m writing where as with my blog it is real life. Sometimes, I find I wish to write something then I think oh no not that that’s not interesting , or that will be just a short blog. Take last night for example, I just wanted to get some thoughts down the moment was there but then I said to myself that’s like a paragraph or 2 long no point! Generally I have been writing about my experience of completing my book, at times I do wish to write more personal ones I think I will start.

To answer you though, I’ve got a word prompt book 365 days of word /writing prompts it’s a PDF file so if anyone would like a copy just let me know, and I will email to them happily. There are some really good ideas in here one for each day of the year, not just words but also situational things so that you could develop your POV writing (if you write fiction).

• Reply Anjali Soni June 15, 2016 at 5:43 pm

Nice post! I’ve more of a observer blogger. I observe my surrounding and happenings; then come up with an idea for the blog. But, till now most of my posts have been inspired from the experiences of my life. I cannot really make a plan, as evidently my life is unpredictable. So, I can’t really plan my blog posts.

• Reply Keith Haney June 15, 2016 at 5:46 pm

Very helpful post. I have just started to plan my blog post. I was writing based on what inspired me. Now I have a very structured plan. Tuesday is dealing with racial tensions Wednesday is a free creative day. Whatever inspiration comes to mind so it is still fun and relevant. Thursday more of a how to series.

• Reply vincentcarlos June 15, 2016 at 6:46 pm

this reminds me of the quote, “if you want to be a writer, you must do two things above all others: read a lot and write a lot.” I also get a lot of inspiration from the books I read, which is why I’m constantly reading. nice post 🙂

• Reply kimknightauthor June 15, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Very true read and write a must! Not to imitate but to get an idea of what’s out there, and what genre you enjoy reading and might be good at writing. Often your enjoyable reading genre is a genre you might just be good at writing!

• Reply londoner18 June 15, 2016 at 9:19 pm

Hi my friend! 🙂

I just choose you for this beautiful and funny TAG https://theguywhosaidalwaysno.wordpress.com/2016/06/15/quote-challenge-day-1/

It’s all about write 3 quotes every day, for 3 days and select every day 3 new bloggers to do this TAG 🙂

I hope you like it and have an amazing day 🙂

• Reply Roberta Pimentel June 15, 2016 at 9:52 pm

Thank you so much for the nomination! I’m terrible to write poems but i will try my best 🙂

• Reply Niall O'Donnell June 16, 2016 at 12:31 am

For me it’s usually easy to write something because I’m always thinking about language, and there are a lot of thoughts that have been bouncing around my head for a long time, and I just need to tell my fingers to transfer them from my brain to the screen!
    Sometimes though, there’s something I’m interested in which I think I can write easily about, but then when I write it’s really short. I think it’s because our strongest feelings, like loving or hating, are really simple. So I might start to write about something I love about English, it’s often quite short: “I really love the present perfect simple! Um…”

Sometimes if I can’t think of anything interesting, I’ll start to write about something I haven’t spent a lot of time thinking about it. Then I think about it as I write and find it’s actually more interesting than I thought, and I write a lot and enjoy it! For example, I’ve written two posts about hyphens, which are really simple punctuation marks, but as I thought and read about them I got really interested in them!
    It can be a good exercise to inspire you to write, and to think about things in different ways.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel June 16, 2016 at 12:37 am

Thank you for good tips. I totally agree with you about writing about what is in your interest then the words would come easier 🙂

• Reply Niall O'Donnell June 16, 2016 at 12:45 am

And reading other people’s interesting blogs helps too: it’s always good to get another perspective on life to give you new ideas :).

• Reply Fernanda Guevara June 16, 2016 at 6:24 am

That’s the same thing I believe! I believe the best thing to do is to write about what makes you happy or speaks to you, to me those are the most powerful posts.
    I usually get my ideas in random times throughout the day. When they come I simply write them in a notebook I have specially for them or if I’m no where near it, I write them in my phone’s notepad.

• Reply Regina Martins June 16, 2016 at 10:08 pm

Sometimes I do the WordPress daily prompt. I write about anything that I like, and if I am not inspired then I post photos 🙂

• Reply Roberta Pimentel June 16, 2016 at 10:11 pm

I think WordPress daily prompt is very good idea too 🙂

• Reply maykhella June 17, 2016 at 12:36 am

Write about what you love and the creative flow won’t dampen 😉 you’re doing great so far

• Reply bollywoodtarjuma Bollywood Songs Translated June 17, 2016 at 11:09 am

Reading is certainly a great way of finding ideas. As for me, I love to challenge myself now and then. Since my blog offers poetic translations, I force myself to pick a really difficult text at least once in a week. Sometimes it takes a few days to finish working on that and I get very frustrated but at the end I learn a lot. At times I ask for translation requests from readers and it always opens doors to new ideas.

• Reply Kaypius June 18, 2016 at 9:31 am

Hi Roberta! I dont go looking for the next blog topic. It usually creeps up on me. Just remember to keep your thinking hat on! Sending blessings & love your way?

• Reply Leslie July 6, 2016 at 11:50 pm

This post was a delight to read, and you shared a number of helpful ideas about generating blogging ideas. One of my problems is that I cannot write fast enough! You have made me curious about the writing of Chenjerai Hove and Mia Couto; and I admire your desire to continue to build upon your learning. Enhancing my vocabulary is an on-going aspirations of mine as well.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel July 7, 2016 at 12:02 am

I am not a fast writer either and can spend hrs to write some types of posts. Now Im reading a novel of Chenjerai Hove and I really like the expression of the book.
      Thanks for stopping by and for the follow!
      Cheers!