Blog

A new friendship that is developing

June 23, 2016

When I was a little child I always felt a bit different since I wanted to talk to strangers which my mother did not appreciate very much, because she think it was dangerous .This has never changed since I always have something special for connecting with others, and I don’t want to change that.

For some time ago I had a different blog platform and I got the chance to get to know many people but it was particularly one person that connected very well with. After we had chatted a bit we became friends on Facebook and some time afterwards she came to visit me in Stavanger 11 May this year. Since this time we have connected very well and we talk very often to each other. She has also a blog that you can read on this link bellow  http://nouw.com/tonevinningland

DSC_0544

DSC_0545

Yesterday I had the privilege to meet her once more when she decided to come to Stavanger again. She picked me up at work and we decided to prepare taco a Mexican food . She brought her children with her and we had a really good time. My apartment is very small and the day was lovely, the sun was shining so we went outside so that the children could play outside. After some time she had to leave since she lives a couple of hours from Stavanger and therefor she couldn’t stay very late.

I love when she gives me a visit since she always bring a lot of energy and I get very happy around her. <3

DSC_0551

DSC_0549

Wish you an awesome day!

Take care!

• Reply Grandtrines June 23, 2016 at 2:48 pm

Reblogged this on Still Another Writer's Blog.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel June 23, 2016 at 2:51 pm

Thank you for sharing my article on you blog ❤️

• Reply Grandtrines June 23, 2016 at 3:11 pm

You are welcome! Nice photos. What kind of food?

• Reply Roberta Pimentel June 24, 2016 at 4:05 pm

Mexican 🙂

• Grandtrines June 25, 2016 at 6:10 am

Does not look like the Tex-Mex I am familiar with….

• Roberta Pimentel June 25, 2016 at 12:39 pm

The original one is Mexican but here in Norway we have Americanized it ?

• Grandtrines June 25, 2016 at 10:10 pm

How did you Americanize it? (I was left with the impression that most “Mexican” food in the U.S. was a derivation of Tex-Mex, which (in turn) is derived from “the real thing” (which arguably does not exist because the local provinces / states in Mexico have significant local differences). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tex-Mex Come visit Dallas. We have been the epicenter of Tex-Mex for the past century. (Some might even argue that it was born here.) Also: my understanding of “authentic” Mexican food is that it has far less meat and cheese, far more fruits & vegetables, and a very, very strong dependence on eggs (typically friend and known as “huevos,” a term which also has another meaning. 🙂 (I will leave it to you to look up with the idiomatic usage of huevos might be! 🙂 )

• Roberta Pimentel June 25, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Maybe i need to come to Dallas en try the really Mexican food 😉

• Grandtrines June 25, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Yes, do come to DFW. But, I am not claiming it is the “real” Mexican food! I AM claiming it is ground zero for “Tex Mex,” which is a cuisine that is commonly represented as being “authentic” Mexican food. Since I like Tex-Mex, it pains me a bit to say that. But, it is not quite authentic. (It is a derivation from the original which has likely gone different directions over the past century since Tex-Mex emerged). See, for example: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_Fenix_(restaurant) Arguably, El Fenix is the “grandaddy” of them all. But, also: https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurant_Review-g56287-d2552695-Reviews-Abuelo_s_Mexican_Restaurant-Midland_Texas.html and http://zuzufresh.com and many more including this national chain (headquartered here): https://www.ontheborder.com But, in my opinion, the BEST restaurant here is not Tex-Mex at all: http://www.yelp.com/biz/kalachandjis-dallas-2 and http://www.kalachandjis.com This latter (Kalachandji’s) has a wall of rock stars (Annie Lenox, Peter Gabriel, others) who have visited and some who live here are regulars!

• Reply flyingcolours603 June 23, 2016 at 2:48 pm

its nice you had a good time and made new friends here

• Reply Style Summit Africa June 23, 2016 at 2:58 pm

That’s very nice 🙂

• Reply Donna Marie June 23, 2016 at 4:24 pm

grt story u never know who u will meet and get to know. this gives hope to the lonely and isolated. i am not as isolated as i was because of medical condition multiple chemical sensititives (mcs) ty for the post 🙂 blessings …

• Reply RMW June 23, 2016 at 10:56 pm

How lovely that you met and became friends!

• Reply J L Hunt June 24, 2016 at 12:27 pm

How wonderful 🙂

• Reply Linda Arthur Tejera June 24, 2016 at 2:10 pm

Lovely post. You just never know where or when you’ll make a new friend!

• Reply lajuani June 24, 2016 at 3:28 pm

Great meeting people and making new friends from other parts of the world. Looks like you had a lovely day.

I really enjoy reading all of your posts, they give me a boost of positiveness. Thanks for sharing your stories with us
    🙂 x

• Reply heartandsoul777 June 24, 2016 at 4:24 pm

what a lovely story to share thank you for that! super sweet read!