Blog

Daily – Family rules

September 22, 2016

We just bought ourselves a lovely decoration for our home. When we first saw it at the store we realised very quickly that it corresponds very well with our values.

Do you agree with every single one of them or are there some that you would include or exclude from the rules? Let’s have a discussion of values and life details  🙂

14409107_1779440735605706_1780390278_n

Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Roberta-Pimentel-122081677873993/

• Reply autistsix September 22, 2016 at 4:59 pm

Those rules seem just right for our family too!

• Reply distantstarr September 22, 2016 at 5:11 pm

Very nice. Was there a specific one that got your attention?

• Reply Roberta Pimentel September 22, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Difficult to pick one but keep your promises & say always please and thank you are very very important to me 🙂
      And you?

• Reply http://www.salpa58.wordpress.com September 22, 2016 at 5:23 pm

You have covered just about every one. Well done. :o)

• Reply alvarezgalloso September 22, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Great.

• Reply alvarezgalloso September 22, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Thanks for sharing

• Reply Roberta Pimentel September 22, 2016 at 5:48 pm

Thanks for reading 🙂

• Reply alvarezgalloso September 22, 2016 at 5:49 pm

Anytime Roberta. A pleasure and an honor. Best wishes from Miami Florida.

• Reply joliesattic September 22, 2016 at 6:00 pm

Always tell the truth. My favorite. They are all important but that one really is revealed in the others. If you say please and thank you or help others even, it may not be the truth but instead a habit one gets into and if its insincere then its not truth. Or any of the others as well. Truth is the glue to who you are in everything you do. Truth.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel September 22, 2016 at 6:05 pm

Truth is really important and I agree.. Difficult just pick one. I think to keep your words (promises) is very important too 🙂

• Reply kbeezyisviral September 22, 2016 at 6:30 pm

Work hard is a value that pays eternally; it’s more important than money. Sharing is wonderful, but it really depends on what your sharing, and the impact it will have.

• Reply spudbudette September 22, 2016 at 6:56 pm

I really like that list. When I was in fifth grade my teacher, Mr. Bentley, had a sign with the “Golden Rule” written out on his wall, near the clock. It covers it all. It can be found in Matthew 7:12

Matthew 7:12 New International Version (NIV)

12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

• Reply alvarezgalloso September 22, 2016 at 7:17 pm

Thanks for liking. My wife is in Puerto Rico during the electrical outage

• Reply pawan35 September 22, 2016 at 7:20 pm

And there again Roberta rocks ☺

• Reply Nina September 22, 2016 at 7:44 pm

I like “Say your Prayers”and “Use Kind Words”… sometimes, we’re more kind to people outside our home. I think we should also be kind if not more kind to family. 🙂

• Reply consciousoftheheart September 22, 2016 at 7:47 pm

I would say that all of the rules I’ve taught my children, however, the only thing different for my family is that prayer is in the number one position of our rules. Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Wendy September 22, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Looks like we’re on the same page with our views on ‘values’ this week Roberta. I LOVE your new artwork – great values to follow!

• Reply depatridge September 22, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Reblogged this on Matthews' Blog and commented:
    I agree with them Roberta.

• Reply achicagohousewifey September 23, 2016 at 1:43 am

nice. I’ll find me one too. I wont change or remove anything. I’ll probably want to reorganize it so that honesty will be at the very top. In my opinion, it is the hardest but most important value.

• Reply Lisa A. September 23, 2016 at 1:32 pm

I love this sign, Roberta! I agree with all of it…except sharing chocolate😉 I have to really like someone in order to do that. I’m kidding!

• Reply cookandenjoyrecipes September 23, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Yes they all apply to us as well. Would love one myself.