Blog Daily Prompts

Daily – Dilemmas in life

September 26, 2016

Hi gorgeous readers!

I would love every day to be amazing but life is not like that and we experience days where things are not perfect. Today has been a day where I have been thinking a lot. As many of you guys know Johan and I have just moved to a new city. It takes time to get settled in a new city since we don’t know anyone here and everything from doctor to address must be changed from the old hometown to the new one.

I used to be a hair dresser but I had to quit because my shoulder got really ill. Norway has a good welfare system which gives you money if cannot work. I am on some kind of transition program where they pay me when I am transforming from hair dresser to another profession.

14469320_10157466115330576_1980640448_n

The institution in Norway who helps with these kind of things is called NAV. As in any other institution there are some skilled workers and some that should not have been working there. The quality of the help that you get depends on the supervisor you get. I am in a huge dilemma these days since I cannot decide whether I should just keep on receiving money from NAV and let them find me an internship where I get paid less than if I would find a job on my own.

Finding a job on my own is more difficult and would be more time consuming but it would pay better in the long run. I would also have to take a side job since I believe that sitting at home waiting for replies from companies would make me depressed. My boyfriend has gotten a side job and I notice that my mood has not been the best since I have to be home alone while he is at work. I am therefor considering to take a side job just as my boyfriend did to have something to do and earn some money as well. He will keep applying for jobs while he has his side job.

My head has been really busy today where I have been considering my options. I can find good things in both options but I don’t know which one that will turn out to be the best.

Johan and I went to a coffee house in Trondheim called Drommedar where they have the most amazing coffee called sweet chilli. Yep they have chilli in it and it tastes amazing. I love the way the chilli is burning together with the taste of the coffee haha.

Usually I don’t think much before I talk and that is why I can make some grammar mistakes like the ones in this video. I believe I said is instead of are and going instead of goes. Anyway I hope you are patient and that you understand that English is not my native language.

14459848_1781413538741759_1755945260_n

14469274_1781413522075094_956158460_n

Maybe my bad mood today is because of my job situation and the fact that I did not get a good feedback from the institution I talked with today. I tried to not letting it destroy my day and we went for a walk in our new city and discovered places where we have never been.

I am hoping that you guys would give me some advice or opinions about what you would have done in my situation and helping me to solve my dilemma. Should I go for an internship or a side job first and then a full time job in the long run?

Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Roberta-Pimentel-122081677873993/

• Reply Strikedbyepicness September 26, 2016 at 8:06 pm

I really hope you do find a job where you can be happy. I can’t really give you any good advice because I’m 15, but I do hope that you will be able to find a job. Good luck x

• Reply Raj Krishna September 26, 2016 at 8:09 pm

I believe that you are already dealing with situation in the best way…just keep going…taking a side job first is a good choice indeed..

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 1, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Thanks. Yeah, I believe a side job is a good choice to start with 🙂
      Thanks for reading!

• Reply Laetitia September 26, 2016 at 8:23 pm

You will find a solution, follow your feelings.

• Reply equinoxio21 September 26, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Melhor trabalhar jà… 😉
    Sorte.

• Reply roseelaineblog September 26, 2016 at 8:37 pm

Follow your heart,chose your own job, could you do a college course? I wish you good luck. Do not let anyone take away your choice. Stay in control. 😉😀🙃🙂

• Reply El Coleccionista Hipnótico September 26, 2016 at 8:41 pm

Dont worry, your situation will improve, You will find a way. Everything is gonna be alright. i hope so. Best wishes

• Reply iglengel September 26, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Keeping a positive attitude and continuing doing what you have been doing is the best advice I can offer.

How does that saying go, “And this too shall pass!”

Best wishes.

• Reply alvarezgalloso September 26, 2016 at 9:05 pm

My best wishes to you and Johan.

• Reply amileinmyshoes September 26, 2016 at 9:23 pm

What’s the employment market like in Norway these days? Consider what you want to do first and then either retain or email all related company recruitment crossings. Are you anywhere near the oil companies? Norway is a major oil centre. Oils taken a big downturn in Scotland, but if oil industry near you – it pays very well. I suppose you need to have an idea of what you fancy doing. I used to be a recruitment/hr manager so drop me a message if you want any help. Good luck!

• Reply amileinmyshoes September 26, 2016 at 9:24 pm

*retrain not retain

• Reply cookandenjoyrecipes September 26, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Follow your heart and gut feeling. One can never stand in another’s shoes so its difficult to say what or what no to do for another person. All I can do would be to pray for you and that the decicion you make will make you happy. Take care.

• Reply Natalie September 26, 2016 at 10:32 pm

What a tough situation! Unfortunately, it’s hard to say what is best for you — but like others have said, follow your intuition. Best of luck!!

• Reply depatridge September 26, 2016 at 11:05 pm

Reblogged this on Matthews' Blog.

• Reply consciousoftheheart September 26, 2016 at 11:21 pm

I know exactly what you are feeling. Don’t give up and pray that discover the right path to take. Best of luck!

• Reply Lydia September 26, 2016 at 11:30 pm

You are moving in the right direction. Do what will make you comfortable mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I have been in your situation with my husband as the primary bread winner. Depression does set in if we allow it. Continue to weigh out your options and pray. Everything will turn out for the best.

• Reply Rick Amitin September 26, 2016 at 11:48 pm

It is always best to know your heart and then follow it. Money is important, as we all know, but it is not the most important thing. You must decide to keep work life separate from private life, very hard to do, or integrate work with passion, which gives us the best opportunity to be who we are meant to be. If you let someone choose for you chances are you won’t be able to embrace it. Best wishes.

• Reply Sascha Darlington September 26, 2016 at 11:59 pm

First off, good luck! Trying to decide the course of one’s future is hard. For the sake of your brain and emotional health, I think a side job would be good as you look for something more permanent. If you find a side job that makes you happy, it might also lead to something more. Let your heart and intuition guide you.

• Reply domestic diva September 27, 2016 at 2:14 am

Well nice to know Norway is a welfare state, so is Australia..my two penny just enjoy whatever happens..sometimes its also important to take a pause in life and just put your feet up..Work comes at the right time..Cheers!

• Reply Susan Halloran September 27, 2016 at 2:47 am

A side job while looking is a good idea. It will give you some time to find a full time job that you truly love and will want to stick with.

• Reply spudbudette September 27, 2016 at 3:29 am

Best wishes and prayers for your path to become clear soon.

• Reply 'ViNoD'...#Mr.Crazy 😉 September 27, 2016 at 3:46 am

You will get what you worth….& come ooooooonnnnn…english is a funny language…..where mistake become correct & correct become mistake……dont worry…

• Reply passiondesignerblog September 27, 2016 at 10:29 am

I would definitely suggest you to have little more fun and enjoy the coffee. 🙂 Your heart knows the answer and you will receive the answer soon.

• Reply alvarezgalloso September 27, 2016 at 11:58 am

Thanks Roberta. Your blog is great given its positive vibrations.

• Reply joseph elon lillie September 27, 2016 at 12:22 pm

I think finding something to do even if I t is not the permanent job you will stay at forever would be a pick me up. Boredom is a real nasty depressant.

• Reply free2bme27 October 1, 2016 at 11:46 pm

Whatever you choose, do it because it’s something you want to do, not just for the money. Obviously money is needed to pay the bills, but you don’t want to be miserable at a job you don’t like every day just because it’s “good money”. You could always find a job where you can work a few days a week while you work on your future goal.

Good luck and best wishes to you!