Daily Daily Prompts

Unfinished

October 3, 2016

Hello guys!

As a person I have difficulties to concentrate myself and this is an area that I must improve. I admire the ones who can sit for hours doing the same thing day after day because they seem so productive. My boyfriend is one of those that I admire because he has a discipline that I get so jealous of.

For two weeks ago I bought a book to practice on my concentration skills. My goal was to be done yesterday but I have to admit that I failed. I have half of the book left and I hope that I will get done by the weekend. I wish that I would have the concentration to beat the distractions but I am working on it and hopefully I will improve by reading books etc.

14585376_1784235585126221_2055773420_n

I have read 2 hour today which I am very proud of and I am very satisfied with what I have read so far. I will give you some feedbacks on the book when I am done. My goal is unfinished but I will not surrender and I will prove myself and my readers that I can do it. 🙂

• Reply Okoto Enigma October 3, 2016 at 8:54 pm

I really enjoy reading novels; despite the number of pages. I love classical novels more. If you mean it, you’ll finish and also love reading book😊

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 3, 2016 at 8:58 pm

I love psychology books. I have read a few novellas when as was younger when my thoughts didn’t disturb me lol. 🙂

• Reply Okoto Enigma October 3, 2016 at 8:59 pm

Read some love novels ☺ you’ll enjoy it. Or a mystery novel. It’ll keep you glued 😀

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 3, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Maybe I should have a try 🙂

• Okoto Enigma October 3, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Jane Austen is an amazing writer. You’ll seriously love her books 😍. Before I started blogging and had no time for anything😅, I enjoyed reading different novels; and I can tell you Ms. Austen is amazing!!!

• Roberta Pimentel October 3, 2016 at 9:07 pm

Will check it out 😉 Thanks for the advice 🙂

• Okoto Enigma October 3, 2016 at 9:08 pm

You’re welcome 😀

• Reply Okoto Enigma October 3, 2016 at 9:00 pm

And I have two favourites in that category; but one is long!!! It’s 117 chapters; you probably won’t want to read it; but it’s lovely

• Reply my valiant soul October 3, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Good luck.

• Reply pawan35 October 3, 2016 at 9:30 pm

Hey sweetie cutie Roberta you can, you will do it….. Just be easy on yourself and don’t be hard and I trust you will not be…… But try to be aware and don’t focus on so called word concentration.

• Reply The Photonomad October 3, 2016 at 9:50 pm

But…..a butterfly mind visits SO many different places….

• Reply kbeezyisviral October 3, 2016 at 10:16 pm

You’ll develop the habit if you keep practicing and stay consistent. Getting back into reading wasn’t easy for me, but it stuck well over time.

• Reply alvarezgalloso October 3, 2016 at 10:59 pm

You’ll find a way to read a book. Just practice and remain consistent with your reading habits. Maybe you could read the Bible or Classical Literature.

• Reply Nina October 4, 2016 at 1:51 am

Pick a genre that interests you…it would help keep your concentration! ☺ i usually not able to finish a task due to poor time management-not due to lack of concentration. That’s something that I jeed to work on! 😊

• Reply parijat shukla October 4, 2016 at 5:46 am

what book is that ? The post looks great with pics 🙂

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 4, 2016 at 11:39 am

8 keys to safe trauma recovery. Psychology book 😊

• Reply parijat shukla October 4, 2016 at 1:59 pm

could you please make a post on these 8 points ?

• Reply lightfootstories October 4, 2016 at 12:41 pm

Keep at it and I am sure you will get there eventually 🙂 I can imagine that reading must be a rather difficult task to take on if you have troubles to keep focus and concentrate in general. Though it isn’t the same thing, but whenever I have to study for an examination or similar, I always make sure to remove all easy distractions such as mobile and computer. Additionally, silence is of importance as any sound actually serve as a great distraction when you try to focus. Lastly which I find quite helpful, I always study in the same place in my flat. As such my brain is now ‘programmed’ to focus and learning whenever I go and sit down at my desk. Creating a routine makes it easier for your brain to realise and remember what is expected and hopefully adhere to said expectations! Good luck, keeping my fingers crossed that you will find peace and focus! 🙂

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 4, 2016 at 1:14 pm

I can concentrate with other tings but when comes to reading books 📚 I have difficulty. I also need to take all distractions around me. Silence is important to me too. The challenge is get me focused on the text for more then 3-5 minutes. I get distracted with my thoughts and that’s difficult to do something with 😐😊 Thanks for the good advice 🙏😊

• Reply lightfootstories October 4, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Ah, I get you now 🙂 I’m sure you will succeed in finding your reading focus in particular since you are aware of the ‘problem’ and battling it. Good luck! 🙂

• Reply Joel F October 15, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Thanks for sharing this. I can relate.