advice Save-money

How to cut your budget?

October 5, 2016

The majority of us have a budget that restricts us and some have tighter ones than others. Common for almost everyone is that we cannot spend and spend because at some level our bank account will get empty. I will make a series on how to cut your budget and still not loose life quality. This is actually possible and I will present some ways that have been helpful for me in this series starting with food.

Eat healthy and yet cheap

It is very common to hear people saying that it is impossible to eat healthy on a tight budget. They make excuses that healthy food is so expensive and that all they can afford is a meal on McDonalds. This is not true for Norway though since McDonalds is quite expensive here but other places in the world I know that it is quite cheap. For me it is very important to look good and my shape will depend on what I put in my mouth. I have often eaten a lot of carbs like spaghetti and so on since it is cheap but I have just figured out a very easy, healthy and yet cheap way of cooking which is woking.

We got inspired by Johan’s dad to try out woking since he woks a lot. When we came to Trondheim we went straight to the store and bought a wok pan. I am amazed by how much we have saved since we started to wok and the meals have been very good as well. We are very lucky to have wok sauce for about $1 on the supermarket close to where we live. However, I don’t think that they are costly to make if you are not that fortunate.

wok

Woking is all about using your imagination and almost every vegetable can be used as ingredients in your wok pan. You can combine it with egg noodles, fish or meat if you like to eat something additionally to the vegetables. We are super happy with our wok pan and the meals that we have made and I recommend you to try it out if you are not already a wok pan user.

Our favourite combination

We really like the combination of carrots, champignon, cucumber, paprika, broccoli as vegetables and we vary with meat, fish and chicken. We really like sweet sour and pang gang sauces. Enjoy!

Cheers!

Picture nr.1: Google source

Follow me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Roberta-Pimentel-122081677873993/

• Reply joliesattic October 5, 2016 at 7:38 pm

I do not have a wok, but that looks good. I am wanting to try and start eating less carbs. I’m okay with it but my husband love carbs and does not have trouble with it while I have sugar issues which carbs are bad for. So our bodies are different. I need to find recipes that will make it easier for him to transition to. Thank you!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 5, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Johan doesn’t have any problems with carbs either but he would never go back after having left the carbs. Even though your husband doesn’t have problems with carbs doesn’t mean that it is healthy for him. A good wok sauce might help him to try it at least and a wok pan is pretty cheap.

• Reply jan October 5, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Woking seems like a great idea. Homemade meals definitely make a difference in our budget and our diet 🙂

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 5, 2016 at 11:42 pm

Very true! When you buy the vegetables you can use them for many meals actually which is great! 🙂

• Reply rugby843 October 6, 2016 at 5:00 am

Looks delicious. I love most vegetables. Good advice.

• Reply wps15 October 6, 2016 at 7:05 am

Nice !

• Reply alvarezgalloso October 6, 2016 at 11:26 am

Great article. Its refreshing about how to balance the budget

• Reply Wake Up With Jay & Kenyona October 6, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Awesome article!

• Reply edenofknowledge October 6, 2016 at 8:35 pm

I miss my wok which is back in Egypt. Haven’t got one from here yet but your post has inspired me to speed up that process. I love making stir fried mixed vegetables (chop suey) with garlic, seafood and mushrooms. Add a little oyster sauce and you’ll have a feast. My kids and I can eat it with rice just like that without any other meat. My husband? No – he prefers fresh salad with olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper compared to anything fried. Thanks for the post.

• Reply Chiradeep October 7, 2016 at 4:12 pm

Good advice Roberta. The fry was looking yummy.

• Reply Cut the budget part 2 | Roberta Pimentel October 12, 2016 at 7:20 pm

[…] Today I will continue my series where I give tips to my fabulous readers. Last time I wrote about how my boyfriend and I have managed to cut our budget and still eating healthy. If you haven’t read the post you can do so here […]

• Reply exploringmama October 12, 2016 at 9:25 pm

Wow! That looks delicious. It’s always a challenge to be on budget and all the more cutting on the budget. Thanks for sharing this 🙂

I would like to invite and nominate you for 3 Days, 3 Quotes Challenge, please see my blog for the details: https://exploringmama.wordpress.com/2016/10/12/3-days-3-quotes-challenge-day-3/

Cheers! I look forward to your posts related to budget 😉 and learn from you.