After I started with recipes every Friday I have really been looking forward to these posts and I think it is so exiting to try combinations of food that I have never tried before. As many of you know Johan has started working as an economist and this means that he is at work from 8-16 every weekday. This makes the weekends and our Fridays extra special since I have him with me the whole time and he doesn’t have to go to bed early.
We save Saturdays for parties and going out and use the Fridays for cooking and home time in our apartment. It is so nice to cook together and then watch a good movie or a tv program together in the sofa with some sweets. Today we got inspired by some indian food and we made a lovely indian spinach chicken with rice. There are a lot exiting spices in Indian food that gives the food something extra which we really like. I will now explain to you how we made today’s dinner step by step.
- 600 gram chicken
- 2 spoons of butter
- 1 onion – roughly cut
- 2 garlic clove
- 1 and a 1/2 spoon of ginger
- 1 chili
- 2 spoons of garam masala
- 1 box of chopped tomatoes
- 1 dl of bouillon
- 1 yoghurt
- salt and pepper
- 200 gram of spinach
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 tea spoon of nutmeg
Before you start to prepare the dinner put the rice for cooking since that is what takes most time. I made it in a Brazilian way and this is how I made it.
- Make rice in a casserole. Cut 1 clove of garlic and put it in a casserole with some oil. Let the garlic brown a little bit and add the rice so that the the garlic and the oil gives taste to the rice. After two minutes add two glasses of water. Cook it on medium heat and turn it down to low heat in the end.
- Cut onion, garlic, chili and ginger and put it in a pan together with butter and bouillon. Fry it until it is a little bit brown on medium heat. Add garam masala which is not spicy and will only give taste. Let it cook for about two minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes and yoghurt. Cook it for around 12 minutes.
- Add chicken to the pan. (We fried the chicken on beforehand for about 5 minutes. This is optional). Let it cook for about 5-7 minutes.
- Fry some shallot and add salt, pepper and grated nutmeg. Add the spinach. After 2-3 minutes add the mix you just made in the main pan with chicken.
- Let everything cook together for 2-3 minutes more.
- Serve it with rice as shown on the pictures below. Add some coriander to decorate the dish.
Follow me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/Roberta-Pimentel-122081677873993/
Enjoy your weekend! ♥