Blog Daily Daily Prompts Save-money Society

Daily – Freedom of speech

October 9, 2016

Why should we bother ourselves with the comments of Donald Trump? Isn’t he allowed to say whatever he want?.. We have freedom of speech! There is no point of doing politics if you are not allowed to express your opinions despite going against the mainstream of politicians and the media.

Or is it the case that his arguments really hurt the foundation of our society? Is spreading hate and telling people that we are different what is going to solve the problems of the US and the rest of the world, problems like gun shooting in the US, terrorism in Europe and elsewhere..

I think that hate is a very dangerous tool used by some politicians which is not going to benefit the world. I have been a victim for hate myself and I have paid a lot of attention to the debate that has been going on in Norway regarding spreading hate though the social media. The are things that should not be wrapped in the box of what we call freedom of speech especially when their opinions discriminate others by rase, religions, sexual orientation and so on.

Donald Trump

I have not always been careful with the way I have said things in my life which has resulted in broken relationships. I believe that some of the incidents from my past has caused some of it. I believe that coming from a working class family in Brazil can lead to some sort of ignorance and looking at the world in a very narrow way. I have learned though that it is very important to think twice before you say something since I did not mean to hurt these persons but I did it because I did not think through how I should say it. There are people that might handle  to be confronted in a direct way but that doesn’t mean that everyone is like that. You should study the person a bit before confronting him or her.
If your comment is not to confront to improve a situation rather only to harass then it is better to say nothing at all.

I remember that I have said things that I really regret today. I said bad things to my mother and grandmother without knowing why. I think I was not feeling very well with myself at this point in my life and I believe that many of the people who spread hate have some issues with themselves and in their lives. My comments to my family and my friends led to the fact that I pushed people that cared for me away and I found it hard to really connect with people in a deep way.

The last thing that I believe can lead to hate message is jealousy. I believe that it is easy to harass another person or spread hate about him on social media if you feel that he is more successful or prettier than you are. Maybe you even want to be that other person or have his or her life but cannot and your jealousy make you spread hate.

To answer my thoughts in the beginning about Donald Trump I do not believe that what this man is doing is all politics. Discrimination should not be aloud in politics and he has shocked many people in Norway with his comments and opinions. I must say that I am glad that I am not American these days thinking about that they have to chose between these two candidates when I am not a particular fan of Hillary Clinton either. However, she doesn’t discriminate people in the way that Mr. Trump is doing and I believe that these opinions are dangerous for the world and we do not have to look very long into our history before we find personalities that spread hate and was discriminating others in the same fashion. History has a tendency to repeat itself…

Photo: google source

• Reply agenda19892010 October 9, 2016 at 7:42 pm

dear. i follow your thoughts. i hope illary wins. i think she’be the winner. it is the main task for the destiny of america and , of course, for the world. the american presidential election is very important for the whole democratic world. i am hopeful. thanks for the post. hugs from italy. ciao.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 9, 2016 at 9:57 pm

Maybe you are right but I still not like any of them. However, I am shocked by the comments of Trump.

• Reply agenda19892010 October 9, 2016 at 10:01 pm

Dear. Be positive. Please . The World isn’t a Paradise at least not in these nowadays . Hugs from Italy. Ciao.

• Reply cwaugh212 October 9, 2016 at 7:55 pm

I enjoyed your thoughts. We all learn from our mistakes. We all want to be forgiven for them. DT has apologized and been forgiven by his evangelical followers. Hillary, however, is not sorry for releasing this scandalous attract to cover up the just released emails outlining her true leanings on open borders and open trade. She is power hungry and will pull any dirty trick necessary to force her will on the American public. That is my sincere opinion and intimate reading of the current state of this important Presidential race. I hope this gives some insight from a conservative perspective.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 9, 2016 at 10:00 pm

Thank you. I guess following the elections from Norway is different than for you guys in America. I am glad to get more information and learn more about each candidate. I do agree that it was good that he apologised and I must state once again that I do not like Hilary either. It is just that I am so shocked that a man that might be the president of the worlds most powerful country has opinions like these.

• Reply agores_sblog October 9, 2016 at 8:09 pm

Credo che la scelta per gli americani non sia difficile e che non possano sbagliare. L’arroganza e l’ignoranza fa brutti scherzi! 🙂

• Reply gunnardeckare October 9, 2016 at 8:12 pm

I don’t think Hillary is an ideal president but the alternative is much worse

• Reply alvarezgalloso October 9, 2016 at 8:17 pm

Thanks Roberta for your article. Not everyone is choosing Hillary or Donald because both parties are discredited.

There are the Libertarians and Greens who are still campaigning in spite of the attempts of the Republicans and Democrats to discredit them or take away their publicity.

There are others who might not vote.

There are others who [thanks to the message and attitude of hate from both parties] are thinking about independence from the USA and the formation of countries among regions, ideas, race, religion, or ethnicity.

There are others who are renouncing their US Citizenship. Such renunciations have been on the rise since 2000 much more than people entering.

There were two groups of US Citizens who unfurled a banner in New York City with the Russian flag and Vladimir Putin’s face and the word Peacemaker.

• Reply cwaugh212 October 9, 2016 at 9:02 pm

I take exception to the statement about the numbers renouncing citizenship vs those coming into the country. The influx of people into the USA both legally and illegally is overwhelming.

• Reply alvarezgalloso October 9, 2016 at 9:55 pm

According to US Govt statistics, those renouncing and leaving exceed those entering legally or illegally. In fact renunciation costs $2350 compared to free in 2000.

• Reply cwaugh212 October 9, 2016 at 9:59 pm

In 2015, 4,279 people renounced US citizenship. More than that cross the Mexican border every week.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 9, 2016 at 9:54 pm

I did not know that. Thanks for the informative comment.

• Reply alvarezgalloso October 9, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Anytime. I might vote Libertarian or Green or not vote since 70 percent dont vote

• Reply Southern by Design October 9, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Well stated. I not of fan of either candidate and do not look forward to thee elections in November. 🙁

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 9, 2016 at 9:55 pm

Yes, I am glad that I do not have to chose. Good luck to you 🙂

• Reply Margarita October 9, 2016 at 9:22 pm

Freedom if speech is very important. Discernment in thought and understanding is just as important. A message of hate is never appropriate from, or for, anyone. Recognizing hatred and denouncing it is one example of exercising freedom of both speech and thought. 😉 xoM

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 9, 2016 at 9:24 pm

If you read the text properly I hope you noticed that Trumps way of speaking is not freedom of speech but discrimination

• Reply Margarita October 9, 2016 at 9:48 pm

Thank you, Roberta. I read your text carefully. Yes, his speech is discriminatory. And, yes, he is still free to express what he wishes. It is up to us to exercise our freedom of thought.

By the way, having lived in New York City for over thirty years, I’m very familiar with Donald Trump’s lack of ethics and character. I’ve known him to be a con artist for a very long time. I’m baffled that he’s still able to perpetrate and perpetuate his scams.

• Reply darelltapp October 9, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Thank you for sharing your international perspective. I understand and appreciate your positions. Of the comments here I agree with cwaugh212, I have to vote against the statistic position Clinton comes from. Her career’s made of using and abusing anything and everything to further herself. Don’t forget she freed the rapist of a 12 year old girl, her lies are countless but she has the statists in DC behind her along with the mainstream media because they: “think Americans are stupid and should do what they’re told”

I also understand alvarezgalloso’s view but another occurrence is the Convention of States-that wants to take the Federal government down a notch where the states have input again. The elitists in Washington have run up $20 trillion in debt of which occurred in the last 8 years. Did you know that all those worthless Obamacare ads were paid for with our tax dollars?

This country cannot endure another four years of excessive spending. We need someone outside the beltway of corruption to take the reigns of this country and stop the downward spiral. Obama and Clinton spread the lies about Benghazi because Obama would have lost the election in 2012. In essence they’re both guilty of treason and worse cover-up crimes than Nixon and Bill Clinton and past presidents combined.

I apologize for rambling, it’s just that the media at least in this part of the country cannot say anything without committing perjury to promote Hillary and Obama. Sad really.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 9, 2016 at 9:50 pm

I must remind my readers that my knowledge when it comes to American politics are scarce and I have based this post on things that has been said in the media and what has been covered. I don’t live in America. My boyfriend and I do agree with that we would have voted blanked if we were Americans. I do understand the frustration regarding the person Clinton and her history but I feel that Trumps comments cannot be ignored either. I have a huge respect for both the position and the country of the US and it frightens me that a person with such attitudes should be the president of a country who has such a mighty position in the world.

• Reply alvarezgalloso October 9, 2016 at 10:25 pm

Roberta. Thank you for allowing me to express my opinion. Personally, I might be leaning in not voting. In fact, I do not pay attention to the main candidates.

• Reply Der Krieger des Lichts October 10, 2016 at 12:22 am

True democracy begins here and now with us, we are the people. We create this world together every day, with the power of our thoughts and imaginations. Our leaders are only a mirror of our own collective mind.

• Reply Der Krieger des Lichts October 10, 2016 at 12:27 am

Don’t accept fear politics, Roberta. That’s just part of the Matrix 😉 I see only one thing: my own preference.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 10, 2016 at 12:30 am

😊

• Reply Der Krieger des Lichts October 10, 2016 at 12:33 am

What’s your preference? 😘

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 10, 2016 at 12:35 am

Between Trump or Clinton? No one 😂

• Der Krieger des Lichts October 10, 2016 at 12:43 am

I agree with that. In other words: if we want real change, we should look in our own hearts and minds. There is true democracy. I am not interested in fear politics.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 10, 2016 at 12:37 am

I believe that I would say like you said “my own presence” 😘

• Reply Der Krieger des Lichts October 10, 2016 at 1:00 am

We don’t need to hate Trump, if we want to stop him. We only need to change our own mind. Dr. Jill Stein from the Green Party could be a good leader. Why do we speak so much about the false leaders and so little about the right?

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 10, 2016 at 12:38 am

Preference

• Reply Jennie October 10, 2016 at 12:57 am

Well said, Roberta. Very well said, indeed!

• Reply free2bme27 October 10, 2016 at 1:27 am

I’m American and not thrilled with our choices…however, Hillary Clinton is just as guilty of inappropriate comments.

She’s called African American men super predators in the past. She’s said Trump supporters belong in a “basket of deplorables.” They are both guilty of saying things they shouldn’t.

Clinton’s role in Benghazi and the fact that four American men died on her watch as Secretary of State should have ended her career. The fact that she used the words “what difference does it make” during a congressional hearing regarding the deaths of these men? Deplorable!

And then there’s the email scandal which was a national security threat. “Incompetence” ? No, she thinks she’s above the law. Deplorable!

The fact that she defended a child rapist while a criminal defense attorney in Arkansas many years ago? She laughed about it when “she got him off” and admits she knew he was guilty while defending him during his trial. Deplorable!

The woman has used the catch phrase “what difference does it make many times throughout her life.

I’m not commenting to argue politics with anyone. This is just my opinion. The choices suck…that’s a fact, but in my opinion Trump doesn’t hide who he is. Clinton does.

I’m a firm believer in actions speak louder than words. I’m far more concerned with what Hilary Clinton has done than I am about what Donald Trump has said.

• Reply Der Krieger des Lichts October 10, 2016 at 1:51 am

They are both no real alternative. Where are the solutions and visions to enable development and a future that is worth living for our children? I do not agree simply to choose the lesser evil. We should choose the greater good.

• Reply free2bme27 October 10, 2016 at 2:13 am

There is no greater good with these two choices. A person who actually could make a difference for the better would never win the nomination for either party.

• Reply askriverbed October 10, 2016 at 5:41 am

Roberta – thank you for your thoughts on this. We are struggling here to find a candidate suitable to lead our country. Hillary is well spoken and, after tonight’s debate, definitely comes out the leader. Trump is making one gaff after another, and deflecting rather than answering to the real issues. But the trajectory of the Democratic party would continue to take this country into places that conservatives cannot afford to go. So a Republican vote is not so much for Trump as against Hillary. It’s a tough election, to be sure! https://www.lifesitenews.com/blogs/the-uncomfortable-truth-about-christian-support-for-trump

• Reply Martian October 10, 2016 at 8:24 am

well, freedom of speech should not hurt others,

• Reply Marisa Ulrich October 10, 2016 at 4:51 pm

As a Christian, I see no good choice but to pray. None of the candidates-even third party ones-exhibit the values I believe in. Hubby and I are likely going to write someone in. But, at any rate, we will hold on to the fact God is always on His throne no matter who is in the Oval Office.