Blog Daily Daily Prompts Life Society sosial media

Be yourself

October 11, 2016

What do you think when you read the title? Do you think it is easy to be yourself? Why do we have the tendency to compare ourselves with others? You are probably asking yourself where I mean be asking all these questions, don’t you? Well, let me tell you my thoughts around this topic.

Be yourself is a big task in today’s world when in the social media it seems like everyone is so perfect. In today’s society many tend to act like they’re something they’re not. They create a personality that is not theirs. The society is putting a huge pressure on people in today’s world where the demands are that you should have a master degree. In Norway preferably two since master degree has gotten the value of a bachelor degree and a bachelor degree is worthless. You should make carrier and create a perfect family where your kids grow up to become more successful than you are.

What happened with just being yourself. If your talent is to cut someones hair or draw something why should you end up as an lawyer or economist? Why should you have a big family if you prefer to not have kids at all? Why should you work out hours at the gym to get that fit body when all you really want is stay healthy and run a little bit? I think you get what I mean. We have a tendency to follow what the mainstream of people are doing since they are following what the society is teaching us.

Mental illness is becoming more and more common in today’s world. There are so many that gets depressed. There is a fine line between succeeding and failing and the latter result will easily end with depression. Even the fear of failing might get you depressed.

For me as a blogger I kind of do the opposite of what the society is telling me. I don’t give a s*** about what the society says I should do since I am not pursuing it. I am pursuing my dreams and what makes me happy. I have a dream to have blogging as a full time job but if this doesn’t come true I would not just give up blogging. Life should be meaningful and that is only possible when you fill it with things that makes you happy and not what the society demands you to do.

Dare to be yourself and dare to be an original.  You are unique and I want to encourage you to use your talent. You are the best version of yourself so do not intend to be someone else. That would just make you a bad copy!

Take care!

Follow me on  Facebook and Instagram

• Reply roseelaineblog October 11, 2016 at 6:21 pm

Your dream should be your job! Then you are following your dream. 😉

• Reply Andrea October 11, 2016 at 6:46 pm

I really agree with you Roberta, you’re a wise young woman, and I whisper many others will follow your way to intend life…
    Thank you very much for your sharing, a big hug to you! 😀

• Reply gruundehn October 11, 2016 at 7:07 pm

Why do we compare ourselves to others? Because we are a competitive species. We descend from a branch of the primate group that is hierarchical in the our ancestors were always looking to replace the Alpha Male in order to breed etc. Once we became genus Homo this died down and we are becoming a monogamous species, thus eliminating the competition for mates but the competition for praise still endures and grows stronger with all the new ways to obtain such praise.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 11, 2016 at 7:11 pm

I know that human beings are like that but we should not compare ourselves with others at any price and definitely not become something you’re not.

• Reply armaansaini October 11, 2016 at 7:21 pm

You got me there. Its inspiring. Thank you.

• Reply armaansaini October 11, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Reblogged this on ARMAAN SAINI and commented:
    This is a inspiring post by a fellow blogger, Roberta Pimentel.

• Reply Louise Normann October 11, 2016 at 7:26 pm

I totally understand your point of view Roberta. Nowadays It’s really hard, especially for the new generation to follow their dream. But it’s not only the society that tells us we should be something “greater” but others too. It is a delicate theme, where many can get lost-therefore- mental illness such as depression as you say.

I Hope your dream comes true Roberta, best of luck always!

Love
    -Louise

• Reply Miss B Blogz Thingz Over.. October 11, 2016 at 7:37 pm

Great post Dear! Love it!💯

Hugz, Miss B.💋

• Reply Amitav Chowdhury October 11, 2016 at 7:52 pm

We are a community caught in the trap of comparisons, which provides a false belief of belonging and security. At a subconscious level, it creates many differences that disturb common sense and creates an environment of competitiveness. This entire exercise is a build up to engage people, where differences are emphasized. When we stop comparing, we start living, and we compete with ourselves to improve every day with self-realization. This does not mean we are alienating ourselves from society but contributing to society in a positive way. We are ‘unique’ if we have to accept that, then we should stop comparing.

A good article to reflect on the importance of not letting distractions interrupt life. Thank you for sharing this write.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 11, 2016 at 8:08 pm

You have so many good points here Amitav. Thanks for reading!

• Reply consciousoftheheart October 11, 2016 at 9:21 pm

Very word is so true!

• Reply Keith Haney October 11, 2016 at 9:34 pm

It is hard to be yourself especially if you don’t first love yourself. Everyone else’s life’s seems more interesting.

• Reply depatridge October 11, 2016 at 10:12 pm

Reblogged this on Matthews' Blog and commented:
    Great thoughts expressed here Roberta.

• Reply ledrakenoir October 11, 2016 at 10:40 pm

I alwas be myself, thanks to you being yourself too… 🙂

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 11, 2016 at 10:41 pm

Wonderful that you can be your self 🙂 Thanks for reading!

• Reply ledrakenoir October 11, 2016 at 10:46 pm

Isn’t always easy, but the other way round – so it’s the easiest way and a little bit self-irony makes it easier… 😀

• Reply @peterdegroof October 12, 2016 at 12:00 am

So true … Great blog post. Keep going !! 🙂 Your message is inspiring, but it’s quite a task. Everyone wants to belong and to fit in. I guess that makes it difficult to go your own way, sometimes.

• Reply sheldonk2014 October 12, 2016 at 1:06 am

I lived outside the box all my life
    I have made a career of it
    Great post
    Excellent work
    As always Sheldon

• Reply passiondesignerblog October 12, 2016 at 1:58 pm

Wonderful post. Be Yourself is my mantra for life 🙂

• Reply Author Interview – Judith Cranswick – The Fiona Mason Mysteries Series, All in the Mind, A Death too Far & Watcher in the Shadows | toofulltowrite (I've started so I'll finish) November 11, 2016 at 10:52 pm

[…] – Dreaming with Your Eyes Open: Points of Light 8. Positively Un-broken – Creativity 9. Roberta Pimentel – Be your self 10. Vivid Dreamer – Life on the Edge 11. Dare to Think it’s Possible – Eagle’s Wing […]