Recipe

Spanish lamb stew with chickpeas and spinach

October 28, 2016

First of all I want to thank you guys for an incredible engagement on the post earlier today. I really appreciate it. I will post a follow up post to that post next week. Today Johan’s dad has just arrived after having travelled for so many hours. We live pretty far away from his family and we will therefor enjoy quality time together with family. By the way, I invited my daughter to eat together with us since his dad had just arrived so that she could say hello to him as well. However, here is the recipe of the dinner tonight. I hope you will enjoy it.

Ingredients:

200 gram of fresh spinach

salt and pepper

1 bunch of coriander

500 gram of rice

img_4096

How to prepare:

Cut the lamb meat into pieces as shown on the picture above. Mash 3 garlics and add salt and 1 spoon of olive oil. This is used as a marinade for the lamb. Leave it for 30 minutes. While you are waiting for the lamb, cut onions and mash 3 garlics for thereafter putting it into a pan. Fry it on medium heat. Put everything together into a casserole. Afterwards fry the lamb in a pan on high heat and add it to the onions and garlic. Add canned tomatoes, tomato puree, chili and 5 deci liter of meat broth to the casserole.

This is going to cook for 1 hour.

After 1 hour of cooking add spinach, coriander and chickpeas to the casserole. Let it cook for 2 minutes and then it is ready to be served with rice.

img_4101

img_4106

We believed that our ovenproof dish would be big enough but it was too smal and therefor it looks a little bit full. You will therefor need a bigger one.

Have a great weekend!

No Comments

• Reply Anne-Merete October 28, 2016 at 10:09 pm

Looks good 🙂
    Will save this recipe for another day. 🙂
    I don`t like chickpeas but i will give it a try, maybe reduce the amount. 🙂

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 28, 2016 at 10:16 pm

It was delicious. I think you can exclude the chickpeas and the dinner will still be tasteful because there are so many other ingredients 😊

• Reply Okoto Enigma October 28, 2016 at 10:13 pm

Anything food😍😍😍

• Reply Tony Burgess October 28, 2016 at 10:14 pm

That looks goodt. it also looks kind of Indian too.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 28, 2016 at 10:28 pm

I can promise you it was good 🙂 Yeah, it looks a little bit like Indian food but less spicy 🙂

• Reply Spanish lamb stew with chickpeas and spinach — Roberta Pimentel | nz October 28, 2016 at 10:34 pm

[…] via Spanish lamb stew with chickpeas and spinach — Roberta Pimentel […]

• Reply alvarezgalloso October 28, 2016 at 11:12 pm

Great post. Now I am attempting acooking segment in my blog.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 28, 2016 at 11:16 pm

Thanks! Can’t wait to read your new segment Roberto 🙂

• Reply alvarezgalloso October 29, 2016 at 12:39 am

Look under SockaZone Cocina and youll find it. It was intended as a spoof of Reality TV Cooking Shows and the result was tasty food. I will do more especially during Christmas

• Reply alvarezgalloso October 29, 2016 at 1:04 am

I sent you the links via your E Mail.

• Reply mliae October 29, 2016 at 11:47 am

*Drool, drool…. That looks so good!
    And Hey, Congrats on the successful translations 🙂