Blog Life

Your attitude will determine your day

November 3, 2016

Wow, I could not believe my on eyes when I saw the snow earlier today. I’m not used to snow late in the autumn and I had expected that it would come in December, but I was wrong. Being from Rio de Janeiro it’s fair to say that I’m more of a summer person and I prefer summer temperatures rather than minus degrees. However, I live in Norway and I cannot expect summer temperatures in November and that is why I have to appreciate the weather conditions instead of complaining about them. The snow will be here anyway and my complaints will not remove it. Actually, the snow is making the nature brighter which is helpful in this dark winter time since the snow is making a more positive atmosphere outside.

So, you might wonder where I’m going with all this, and why I’m telling you about my feelings for snow?

Well, it is because there are so many things in life that you are not in control of but that affect you in your everyday life. The weather conditions, the job market and so on are things that you can be mad at but you cannot change. Therefor in order to deal with them in the best possible way you have to have the right attitude as well. Yep, you read correctly! Your attitude is the key to have a good day and that attitude is something that you have to choose everyday. If you are waking up with a bad attitude you will have a bad day for sure. On the other side, waking up and choosing a good attitude will bring an incredible amount of good things into your life.

14938085_10157657789635576_157801804_n

A good example of this is some thing that happened yesterday. My attitude has been bad lately due to not having a job which results in spending a lot of time alone while Johan is at work. Things haven’t turn out on a positive way for me which I believe is because of my attitude. Yesterday, I must admit that I woke up with a bad attitude and I didn’t want to attend the course at all, the reason was that we were going to spend the whole day outside. This was like a big crises for a Brazilian being used to Copacabana and not winters in Trondheim haha. However, while sitting in the buss on my way to the course, I decided that this attitude would only make my day worse. I was thinking that I would go and try to enjoy the beautiful sunny and cold weather as much as possible. And guess what? The day turned out to be a lovely day. We walked for about 30 minutes and we made a campfire  so we could warm ourselves. This was a great opportunity to get to know other people from the course and not only the person sitting next to you.

I believe that my day turn out the way it did because I chose my attitude. My message is therefor that you should choose the attitude that makes your day and the day of the people next to you better.

Take care! ♥

Follow me on  Facebook and Instagram

The daily prompt

• Reply kelleysdiy November 3, 2016 at 7:25 pm

Your so lucky! We get snow in our local mountains…but not in our valley 🙁

• Reply amileinmyshoes November 3, 2016 at 7:31 pm

Great positive post and I agree with you 🙂

• Reply Cahla's Tawkin' November 3, 2016 at 7:33 pm

Great post! I agree, attitude is everything. When I moved from the warm South of the U.S. back home to the ruthless Winters of the Northeast, I said to myself: Well, this weather is happening whether you like it or not, so wrap your brain around it, accept it and move forward. By changing my attitude of dread and negativity into acceptance, it lightened the load and I am able to stay happier about it. It really worked! (And I bought myself warm boots and a warm coat! lol)

• Reply pavithrah November 3, 2016 at 7:57 pm

I miss having snow, I grew up in a snow land in Toronto after moving to California, I miss it alot. You are lucky and enjoy white Christmas this year. 🙂

• Reply wendyunsworth November 3, 2016 at 10:42 pm

I don’t like cold weather either, Roberta! I lived for many years in Central Africa where the temps were always high. At the moment I am in Portugal but will be in Edinburgh for Christmas. We may have some snow there. It is nice to look at and ‘play’ in but not so good for every day. However your attitude is spot on, go with whatever you have and enjoy it!

• Reply zozieposie November 4, 2016 at 12:20 am

You can turn your day around! My blog shows that too

• Reply Naomi Baltuck November 4, 2016 at 1:24 am

Well said! So glad you found a way to make the experience work for you!

• Reply Daal November 4, 2016 at 7:24 am

you are kind to share with us – we all have a bad day (or more) – & it is so good to know we’re not alone…

• Reply depatridge November 4, 2016 at 10:23 am

Reblogged this on Matthews' Blog and commented:
    Very true.

• Reply activateyourall November 5, 2016 at 3:10 am

Nice post Roberta, we definitely need to change with the seasons of life. Great personal experience example. Interesting how you need to adjust from Brasil to Norway. Mi esposa is from Colombia and we live in Canada. We visited Colombia to see her family before we got married in the summer. Have you ever been to Colombia? Do you miss Brazil?

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 5, 2016 at 2:08 pm

Thank you! I have never travel to Colombia, but i hope I can visit one day 🙂

• Reply ActivateYourAll November 5, 2016 at 7:10 pm

Do you miss Brazil?

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 5, 2016 at 7:22 pm

Yeah, I do. I miss my family, but I could never live there again. I feel like I’m a Norwegian now 🙂

• Reply boundlessblessingsblog November 5, 2016 at 5:34 am

Yes absolutely true. Good post very informative.👌👌👌👌👌👌

• Reply ladycee November 5, 2016 at 6:25 am

That’s a really good way of looking at it – choosing a good attitude makes not only our day good but positively affects those around us! Thanks for sharing.

• Reply jensiper November 6, 2016 at 1:16 pm

what is the course?

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 6, 2016 at 4:35 pm

Course to get a job 🙂 which will facilitate getting an internship 🙂

• Reply edenofknowledge November 6, 2016 at 2:41 pm

I’m anxiously waiting for snow too. I don’t know if I can take it. Having lived in sunny all year round no season Singapore and then Egypt, , I’m more accustomed to hot weather. While in Egypt I experienced the four seasons but no snow and I hated the cold weather. So I’m bracing for the snow in New York. I might just follow your advice. Stay positive and enjoy.