Life Society

I have a personal confession

November 5, 2016

This post was meant to be a guest post for another blogger. I am living in Norway which is located in Europe and did not think about that the topic I was writing about could offend other people since this topic is quite normal here in Europe. Peoples opinion about alcohol varies around the world and is decided due to religion and cultural differences among continents. I therefor warn the people that are sensitive to alcohol to stop reading. For the rest of you I wish a fun reading about my mistake that happened for some time ago.

Well, funny mistakes.. I guess I have made a few where some of them are worse than others but I guess that I can share one that happened about 4 years back when I was living in Aalesund. I had just gotten to know my boyfriend and we were out having a few drinks and watching a soccer game. Everyone were having a great night and we were laughing a lot and sharing great stories with one another. However, for some reason the alcohol reacted quite strong on my body that night and I got drunk. I guess that I was a bit shy since I was out with my boyfriend and wanted to get to know him better and I was thinking that a couple of drinks would make me braver haha. The only problem was that I took too much haha.

dsc_0624

When we were to go home I was going to meet him at his place to watch a movie and as I was about to go to his place I remembered that I suddenly felt tired and had to sit down for a while in a buss stop and guess what I fell asleep. After sleeping for a while my boyfriend went looking for me and he found me sleeping in the buss stop can you believe it? Hahaha. Quite embarrassing and I remember that I felt so ashamed but luckily we are laughing about it today and fortunately he still wanted to get to know me better even enter into to a relationship and later move in with me.

Today I’m more cautious when I am taking a couple of drinks and whenever I feel that I have taking one too many I think of the story that I just shared and I stop right away. Even though the story that I just shared is funny it could have ended with some bad consequences for me like someone could have taken advantage of the situation and abuse me in some kind of way.

I’m glad that things ended well and that we are laughing about it today.

Take care!

Follow me on  Facebook and Instagram

• Reply The Vegan Mystic November 5, 2016 at 4:44 pm

Glad you escaped unharmed! I drink rarely. I am a lightweight!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 5, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Thanks! Me and Johan don’t drink very often either, but we like a glass of wine if we are going out 🙂

• Reply The Photonomad November 5, 2016 at 4:47 pm

As my father used to tell me……all things in moderation! But, you’re only young once!

• Reply kbeezyisviral November 5, 2016 at 4:58 pm

I fell asleep on a front step to someone’s house before and on the bus. These things happen to the best of us.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 5, 2016 at 6:59 pm

Good to know that I’m not alone 🙂

• Reply kbeezyisviral November 5, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Sometimes it happens. It depends on your mood and energy levels before you begin drinking. Have a lovely weekend, Roberta!

Kyle

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 5, 2016 at 7:07 pm

I agree! Thank you!
          Have a great weekend too Kbeezyisviral! Is that you name?

• kbeezyisviral November 5, 2016 at 7:10 pm

K-Beezy is my nickname. My name is Kyle Bell.

• Roberta Pimentel November 5, 2016 at 7:13 pm

Thanks! Now I know your name Kyle Bell 🙂

• kbeezyisviral November 5, 2016 at 7:16 pm

Spread the word. 😉

• Roberta Pimentel November 5, 2016 at 7:22 pm

😉

• Reply piratepatty November 5, 2016 at 6:21 pm

You aren’t alone! I think most of us have those embarrassing stories! Glad he found you!

• Reply goingearthstyle November 5, 2016 at 6:39 pm

I’m not a drinker, first of all 2-3 beers is enough for me and I rather have red wine, I see drinking as a way to socialise with your friends and family not a way to get drunk or something, of course I’ve had a couple of black holes in my memory because I drank too much but that was 10 years ago lol I know my limit now and I’m not crossing it… ok maybe one more time someday 😂

• Reply anotetohuguette November 5, 2016 at 6:58 pm

Glad to hear that things worked out well for you! I grew up in Europe and yes, a glass of wine or a beer is quite normal but sometimes it catches us off guard. Just last night I enjoyed drinking a bottle of beer on a rainy evening as I wandered through the blogging world. Cheers, Roberta!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 5, 2016 at 7:11 pm

Thanks for reading! Nice to know you had some fun 😉
      Cheers!

• Reply consciousoftheheart November 5, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Not offended at all with your story, we’ve all had embarrassing moments in life.

• Reply Hira November 5, 2016 at 7:01 pm

My male super duper drunk colleague at an office party said to our male boss ‘I love you ‘ and doesn’t remember a thing about the night next day 😉 and both are straight and didn’t mean anything. Lol ..can’t be more embarrassing then this !

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 5, 2016 at 7:09 pm

Haha. I’m glad that i’m not alone on fun mistakes lol 🙂

• Reply anisioluiz2008 November 5, 2016 at 7:30 pm

Reblogged this on O LADO ESCURO DA LUA.

• Reply gunnardeckare November 5, 2016 at 7:47 pm

We have all been there😄

• Reply Activate Your All November 5, 2016 at 8:23 pm

Hey Roberta, I appreciate your transparency. Funny story, I am happy you were safe and laugh about it now! Keep up the great work.

• Reply Paulina Angela November 5, 2016 at 8:40 pm

haha I fell asleep in my friends restaurant. they left me there. woke up next morning when the chef came in to prep for the day. talk about walk of shame to my car.

• Reply rugby843 November 5, 2016 at 8:46 pm

Liked this, and you look so happy in the picture! But glad he came looking and saved you from harm…..he must be a keeper!❤️

• Reply alvarezgalloso November 6, 2016 at 1:42 am

Thanks for sharing and Thank God nothing happened. I have seen people who were drunk and things were comic or not so good.

• Reply alvarezgalloso November 6, 2016 at 1:44 am

I cannot have alcohol because of an enzyme deficiency which prevents the liver from dissolving the alcohol. In other words, alcohol can kill me

• Reply Jennie November 6, 2016 at 2:22 am