Blog Life Society

I got shocked!

November 7, 2016

Everything in life is a process since we are not born with knowledge and it takes time to develop it. The level of knowledge is determined by ones educations or by getting work experiences through the job. The access to knowledge can also vary from country to country due to social classes and the fact that some people from the low classes lack opportunity of getting education. This might also result in lack of work experience by not having the right education for the job.

I’m in the midst of getting a job and I’m participating on course that is given by the government. I have gotten quite much experience via previous jobs that I think will help me getting a job in the sector that I want to work in. I’m glad that the past has given me some knowledge that I can use in the hunt for a job, but there is one thing that really frustrates me and that is despite having the above mentioned knowledge it’s darn difficult to market my own knowledge.

Today at the course I was shocked by how difficult it was to give compliment to myself. I felt stupid by bragging about how good I was suppose to be in class. I get the point of why we are doing it, but it still feels unnatural since it is better hearing it from someone else. However, it was sort of a consolation when Johan told me that he also found this part the hardest when he was attending the same course. This is difficult even for the ones who have a master degree. He told me the reason for why it’s important and we are going to practice on marketing my skills and knowledge to a futuristic boss.

img_4150

Furthermore, I must say that the course is quite interesting also due to the fact that I’m learning to see more perspectives on situations and life in general and it is quite interesting to hear the viewpoints of the other participants of the course. As you can see on the picture above we have quite fun in class 🙂

Do you find it difficult to market your own skills and knowledge?

Follow me on  Facebook and Instagram

No Comments

• Reply drewdog2060drewdog2060 November 7, 2016 at 10:26 pm

I always find job interviews difficult as one is taught, from a young age not to brag about one’s abilities (no one likes a bragger)! However, when it comes to interviews its necessary to sell ourselves even though this doesn’t come naturally to many people (including me)! However, there is such a thing as false modesty (deliberately playing down one’s capacities) and doing so helps no one, especially the individual being interviewed. Good luck with your course. Kevin

• Reply El Coleccionista Hipnótico November 7, 2016 at 11:28 pm

I’m pretty bad at selling myself and brag about my own skills, if I ever had any

• Reply The Photonomad November 7, 2016 at 11:40 pm

Remember….you make your own luck….

• Reply cwaugh212 November 7, 2016 at 11:59 pm

I worked for myself as an independent data processing consultant for almost 25 years. You have to learn very quickly how to promote yourself or you just don’t eat. It is a very good incentive.

• Reply http://www.salpa58.wordpress.com November 8, 2016 at 12:12 am

We all feel that way at times. The more you practice the easier it will get. You will do fine. :o)

• Reply TheFallibleQueen November 8, 2016 at 12:49 am

I feel it would be hard to compliment myself for a certain amount of time. I agree I would rather hear someone else saying it to me then me complimenting myself. It is a useful tool as well as learning to speak in public. That is something I struggle with but have gotten better in due to courses.

• Reply A @ moylomenterprises November 8, 2016 at 12:54 am

Yes I’m switching gears with my career path as well and with 17 yrs experience I find I’m over qualified for some positions. Yet because I have I have to learn to market myself

• Reply A @ moylomenterprises November 8, 2016 at 1:00 am

I have 3 incomplete degrees, so even with 17 years experience I have to learn to market my skills to compensate. You’re right, it does feel unnatural, but there is a time constraint, I need to find work ASAP! I need to step outside my comfort zone.

Best wishes to you for much success! Hugs 🌷

• Reply theonlysup November 8, 2016 at 3:33 am

When u believe in ur knowledge and skills u will eventually do good and u feel like appreciating yourself.. As always I love ur smile..