personal

A feeling of Christmas

November 13, 2016

OMG! I can’t believe that I have already start to decorate my home for Christmas. I need to confess that this year I have start away to early haha. It is already November and we have lass then one and half month until Christmas. Have you started to decorate your home for Christmas?

I must say that I don’t have any particular Norwegian Christmas tradition since I was born in Brazil and I look forward to continue to adapt the traditions of Johan and this year will be special since it will the first year that the holiday will be celebrated in our home. He is born and raised in Norway and he has some Christmas traditions that we will follow this year. The shops have already started to decorate for Christmas so that was why I wanted to go and buy some Christmas decorations for our home on Friday. Johan was shocked when I told him since it is very unusual for him to even think about Christmas before December. However, I convinced him that we should have some Christmas decorations in our home as a start and we will get the rest in December according to Johan’s will. A little bit give and take haha. His father is coming for Christmas and we will make Christmas beer at home, eat traditional Norwegian Christmas food, attend Christmas concert and hopefully we will get a white Christmas when we will go to the Cathedral on Christmas eve. My daughter will also celebrate the holidays with us this year.

dsc_0679

As you can see the Christmas decorations are quite similar to what it is in other countries. You can see that our home is inspired by red colour which is a tradition in Norway as well. We will also add colours like green, silver, gold and white as the Christmas is approaching. I will update you on how our home is developing as we get closer to the holidays.

dsc_0680

I can’t wait till Christmas and it will be so nice to start listening to christmas songs and drinking gløgg which is a Scandinavian version of mulled wine. We make it a bit different where we use raisins and nuts. Some also add wine to it which we will also do.

Do you drink mulled wine and how do you prepare it?

See ya!

Follow me on  Facebook and Instagram

No Comments

• Reply Queen of the Girl Geeks November 13, 2016 at 8:06 pm

Beautiful! I started decorating too.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 13, 2016 at 11:44 pm

Nice 🙂 Good to know that i’m not the only one 🙂
      Cheers!

• Reply alvarezgalloso November 13, 2016 at 8:08 pm

I hav been decorating. I am also recording my Christmas videos in my blog.

• Reply alvarezgalloso November 13, 2016 at 8:08 pm

I am sending you an E Mail.

• Reply piratepatty November 13, 2016 at 8:18 pm

Where did you find the candle holders with the @ symbol? I love those!

• Reply jengarynewadventures November 13, 2016 at 8:21 pm

Though I have never drank mulled wine, it is something I am interested.

• Reply anotetohuguette November 13, 2016 at 8:27 pm

I really love how you’ve decorated already! I plan to start doing some of my winter decorating this week – because I live on the West Coast, I tend to pick up natural elements like pine cones and seashells. I’ll be weaving in the colours of the mountains, forest and ocean (silver, dark brown and icy blues) with dashes of candlelight. Christmas is in the air and it’s so exciting! I’m looking forward to seeing more of your lovely decorating!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 13, 2016 at 11:50 pm

Thank you so much! Sound really cool and creative way to do it. I hope you share some picture with us 🙂 I love Christmas time too <3
      Chees!

• Reply gunnardeckare November 13, 2016 at 9:28 pm

I would like to put the electric lights up but I will wait till 1 dec

• Reply Sascha Darlington November 13, 2016 at 10:43 pm

grogg sounds interesting! I love Christmas choral music so I do start listening to it (thanks to Pandora and other streaming services) early. It seems such a shame to only hear such glorious music for a month and then it’s gone. I won’t decorate for Christmas until after our Thanksgiving (US) holiday because Thanksgiving here has traditionally been a revered holiday all on its own, although that is changing.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 13, 2016 at 11:57 pm

Gløgg is really good 🙂 I agree when it comes to Christmas music. I love to listen christmas song while I’m decorating our home to season 🙂
      When is Thanksgiving in the US?

• Reply Sascha Darlington November 14, 2016 at 12:17 am

It’s the last Thursday in November. I will look for a recipe for glogg and maybe make it for Christmas Eve. It’s always nice to add something new to tradition! 🙂

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 14, 2016 at 12:35 am

Nice 😊I will write about Norwegian gløgg very soon. Do you know how to prepare mulled wine?

• Sascha Darlington November 14, 2016 at 12:38 am

Yes, I’ve made batches of mulled wine before, but stopped recently when I realized I was the only one interested in sampling it. The others wanted their wine unadulterated. 🙂

• Reply Success Inspirers' World November 14, 2016 at 4:37 am

Thanks for encouraging me to start thinking about Christmas already. I think if God wills, we’ll have a great Christmas this year in our home. I look forward to seeing more of your decorations.

• Reply Tiny: Approach | What's (in) the picture? November 14, 2016 at 8:00 am

[…] A feeling of Christmas – Roberta Pimentel […]

• Reply evanyambu November 14, 2016 at 9:23 am

so cute

• Reply voulaah November 14, 2016 at 11:50 am

So beautiful this decoration
    kisses

• Reply sparkledawn November 14, 2016 at 6:23 pm

I’ve not started decorating yet but I have ordered some new sparkling lights and hanging decorations for this year 😍

• Reply OldButNew November 14, 2016 at 11:27 pm

I’ve got my Santas out and ready to put on the mantle. My husband has started outside. I love Christmas.
    Apple cider with a healthy dose of rum, a cinnamon stick, and dash of butter. It makes cold nights and Christmas more festive.

• Reply Wendy November 14, 2016 at 11:49 pm

I’m not surprised your getting excited Roberta – it’s difficult not too when the shops are already full of Xmas decorations… all the sparkle and glitter – I love it. The problem with me is I don’t want to take it down and in truth, I leave just a little bit of the Xmas ‘sparkle’ up all year round,,, I have a small sparkly tree that I decorate with different little decorations for each season in my bedroom… Also – with your daughter coming to stay with you for the Xmas hols, it’s another reason to be excited! x

• Reply mliae November 15, 2016 at 9:54 am

I have been wanting to start decorating so badly, but I keep telling myself I must wait until the end of the month, lest my friends and family have me committed for holiday fever.

• Reply diariesofascatterbrain November 15, 2016 at 6:48 pm

Everything looks wonderful! Tis the season.

• Reply New decoration. Before & After pictures – Roberta Pimentel November 24, 2016 at 8:09 pm

[…] loved the way we had made our home and if you haven’t read the post then you can do so Here. Anyway you can see the pictures below as well that is before the new […]