Life

What is your purpose in life? Why do you exist? What is your mission?

November 23, 2016

• Reply tarnishedsoul November 23, 2016 at 5:31 pm

There was a time I thought I knew.
    Unfortunately, I feel incredibly lost right now.

• Reply johncoyote November 23, 2016 at 5:32 pm

I believe we learn true wisdom when we know. What we leave behind is the most important part of our life. The garden left behind is who we were.

• Reply radhikasreflection November 23, 2016 at 5:33 pm

The quest is still on……..

• Reply geminilvr November 23, 2016 at 5:40 pm

I’m not sure if that question can be answered, our purpose and mission varies and changes, just stay true to yourself and do the best you can

• Reply kbeezyisviral November 23, 2016 at 5:44 pm

My purpose in life is to inspire billions of people worldwide through various enterprises, such as my publishing company, which is only the very beginning of my empire. I was put on this earth to awaken the five senses and enlighten others on how valuable living the truth really is.

• Reply cacramer November 23, 2016 at 5:55 pm

The idea that there is a purpose in life is true, but is to convert oxygen into carbon dioxide. The importance of life can be explained by the instinctual ability to fight.

• Reply joseyphina November 23, 2016 at 6:53 pm

In all things, to glorify God.

• Reply Margarita November 23, 2016 at 7:14 pm

To remember, and remind, our essential Truth. 😉 xoM

• Reply Jim November 24, 2016 at 12:03 am

my mission is to take life one day at a time.

• Reply Marisa Ulrich November 24, 2016 at 3:41 am

To live for the Lord and let His light shine through me.

• Reply oldschoolcontemporary November 26, 2016 at 11:08 am

While I really appreciated the questions, many of the answers have been kinda depressing, as they’re varying from “I don’t know” to people simply inventing purposes, like creating an empire, in addition to many misty ideas which aren’t really fleshed out. Or more amazingly, to “convert oxygen into carbon dioxide” was actually given as the purpose to life! I hope nobody truly on the edge of depression has read some of the answers given. Likewise for the users sharing, I’d imagine they must consider very rarely their own viewpoints about life, as to give their opinions considerable thought would lead to an awfully unhappy life (here to convert oxygen. . .honestly.).

Again, the questions are wonderful questions, and they’re only understood in light of whether or not humanity have an objective purpose, or, on the flip side, are our purposes merely subjective, as if they’re subjective, as in, only found within the subject, than we’re for so long as we’re alive going to be inventing and claiming contradictory (even illusory) purposes to life. A footballer may have the purpose of scoring more goals than any other striker, whereas I, being a goalkeeper, have my purpose of keeping out more goals than any other keeper in the history of football (or soccer for my American friends). Neither however are an objective purpose, they’re just invented ways in which we’re making use of our time.

To readers who are actually in need of an answer which can satisfy, I’d write you’re fearfully and wonderfully made, the work of a skilful potter’s hands, made to last for His good purpose (as opposed to ours), moreover, we’re made for the sake of glorifying, even enjoying Him, forever. You’ve been given a mission to share that same good news and change lives forever. Thank God for Jesus.