Society

Emotions/feelings confession

November 27, 2016

First of all I want to thank you all for so many warm comments on my latest post! You guys really made my day so much better. It means a lot to me when I’m not feeling so well in the last few days, but I’m getting better for everyday that goes by. I think that only time will help now.

Emotions are something that I don’t talk about very often, but today I will talk about something that I don’t think so many people know about me, even my family. The only person that knows about what I’m going to tell you today is my boyfriend Johan.

Even though I am a very social person I don’t let everyone getting into my inner thoughts and I do not tend to open up for people. This has lead to that I don’t have any best friend but rather colleagues and people that I know and can hang out with without sharing so much about my life. People who know me in Norway tend to believe that I am a very open person since I am easy to talk to but they only know the party Roberta and not the Roberta that for example Johan sees when I am opening up to him. It actually took some time for me to open up for him also but after that he showed time after time that I could trust him I started to open up little by little to him.

Emotions make us human and are what differs us from robots. Being able to show feelings like happiness, sadness and so on based on different situations is very important. I am now talking for myself where I say that I as a human being is searching for things that bring emotions into my life and make me feel alive. Without emotions you are dead inside. I must say that I have thousands of emotions that not many know about and the emotions change from day to day. However, people don’t notice it since I am good at hiding my emotions in some sort of self mechanism.

At home is the only place where I am able to be myself 100% since I don’t have to prove anything for anyone which feels nice. Johan and I do a lot of things together but we also focus on alone time and being able to make time on our interests. While he is on his computer watching hockey I am able to go into my own world. A world that not many know about which is the opera. Music is something that touch many people and I love music in general but opera has a special power and it is hard to specify the feelings that I get when listening to the opera.

Today I watched top 10 opera videos on a Youtube channel and there are some of the videos that gives me shivers down my spine and bring tears in my eyes. I am not sad but it is so amazing and gives such a lovely atmosphere. The song that I love the most on the video is number 10, 9, 7, 5 and 1 where number 1 and 5 are my overall favourites.

For the ones who love opera enjoy the video below.

some more single videos

Andrea Bocelli Is just amazing <3

He was so talented! <3

I just love this song of Frank Sinatra <3 <3

Follow Roberta on  Facebook and Instagram

• Reply sheldonk2014 November 27, 2016 at 7:24 pm

I love Frank and Pavarotti
    Both are my favorite also
    As always Sheldon

• Reply piratepatty November 27, 2016 at 7:29 pm

This is how I am as well. Music, opera music, you just need to feel…Thanks!

• Reply Elaine's Bloggers Paradise November 27, 2016 at 8:14 pm

It is hard to open up to people Roberta because you can be sharing a pain that sits inside you. One thing that I can say is for me opening up and letting things out has made me feel so much better. You have a lot of love around you on this site Roberta let it reassure you that when you speak from your heart any pain you feel will be shared. ❤️️🌹

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 27, 2016 at 8:24 pm

Yeah, it is Elaine! I’m learning how to open up again. Blogging is really helping me little by little. Appreciate your feedback Elaine! <3

• Reply Carolyn Dennis-Willingham November 27, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Andrea Bocelli is my favorite! I’ve seen him in concert a couple of times but not enough!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 27, 2016 at 9:14 pm

I love him too! OMG such much talent in one person! I hope to have the privilege to go to hes concert in the future! Thanks for reading Carolyn! 🙂

• Reply OldButNew November 27, 2016 at 8:36 pm

I have found myself in your shoes. It was so bad, I decided to write a book to help exorcise what I could not put into words. Putting it on paper didn’t seem as intrusive into my personal space.
    Opera has also helped for me to go into my shell and feel safe.
    My husband has been my sounding post, and I thank God every day that he is there to listen and not condemn.
    Good luck, and know you are not alone.

• Reply @peterdegroof November 27, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Wonderful post Roberta … So true. Opening up to people is difficult, it puts you in a vulnerable position … But on the other hand, it’s where the magic happens ! 🙂 Great reading !!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 28, 2016 at 7:44 pm

Thank you Peter! You’re so right 😉
      Thanks for reading!

• Reply Nancy J November 28, 2016 at 12:12 am

Raw and transparent. I can relate to your feelings. I am outgoing and friendly but a private person. I think for me it’s because I have been rejected throughout my life. I am fortunate to have to women with whom I can share my innermost feelings.

I am happy you have such a beautifully open relationship. You are truly lucky to have a man who listens.

I am glad we are not robots as you said. Emotions, good and bad, help us grow. I really enjoyed this post, Roberta.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 28, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Thank you Nancy! I’m sorry for what you have gone through. I’m happy that you have this 2 woman wonderful woman by your side.

Yeah, I’m very luck and I admit that he is a fantastic boyfriend and he is my best friend!
      I’m glad you like it! Thanks for reading!
      Have a lovely week!

• Reply Nancy J November 29, 2016 at 8:26 pm

Thank you. 🙂 I enjoy your posts. <3 Wishing you a lovely week also.

• Reply Jennie November 28, 2016 at 3:20 am

Roberta! This is your best post; it is straight from your heart, bravely sharing yourself to the world. Bravo! Funny thing- I don’t think I have told the world that I love opera. Emotions are the most important and also the most difficult to deal with. Do you know that is #1 in preschools? Thank goodness. Opera is magnificent, and so is this post.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 28, 2016 at 7:58 pm

OMG Jennie! You made me speechless. What a lovely feedback, and how happy you made me right now! Thank you so much! Do you mean emotions or opera in preschools?

Yeah, opera is magnificent!
      Hugs!

• Reply Jennie November 28, 2016 at 8:24 pm

My pleasure, Roberta! It really is a terrific post. I meant that learning about emotions is #1 in preschool. Children have to be able to manage themselves and understand others. If only all adults could do that as well! Actually, I introduce plenty of classical music in my class, including some opera. Music is so important. In the words of Hans Christian Anderson, “Where words fail, music speaks.” Isn’t that lovely? Best to you! -Jennie-

• Reply rugby843 November 28, 2016 at 8:45 am

Beautiful post.

• Reply Rebecca Sullivan November 28, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Really connected with this post therefore with you☺ opening up is a terrifying but beautiful thing. Thank you for your words xx

• Reply Solomon Gee November 29, 2016 at 8:44 pm

Wow! Thanks for making my day. Loved the 3 performances!!!