advice Gym Life personal

New Year's Resolution for 2017

January 15, 2017

Yesterday I wrote about how our lives are changing to the better in the sense that we are now starting to live life to the fullest. In that post I also wrote about how we were not able to do so in Stavanger because of poor time management. Everyone in this world has 24 hrs a day and subtracted the hours of sleep and work that is what we have for other things as well.

New year means new possibilities and an opportunity to change things from last year that were obstacles in your life. We intend very strongly to do something with our time management and that is why we have many New Year’s Resolutions on our time management list.

14331645_10157410465930576_241869796_n

Our jobs give us possibilities to spend money with salaries earned and we must have a balance between duties and fun. We are created to have responsibilities and the fun things become fun once you do them as a spare time when you are not having responsibilities. A life with only fun would not be fun anymore because then the fun things would not be special. On the other hand, a life with 100% of duties would not work either since then your mind would never be able to rest. The solution to finding this balance is called time management.

The most successful people in this world are the ones who are able to spend there time in the most productive way in the sense that they are able to make the best of their 24 hrs. I have many things on my schedule for this year such as graduate from college to be able to start as a full time student. I have only been a part time student due to that I lack some courses from college. Combining this with a full time job will be very hard but I will manage to do so with a good plan.

These are therefor our New Year’s Resolution for 2017:

1. Start to attend the gym – we want to do this in order to get more energy during the week. Exercising is making your body produce endorphins that gives you energy and a more positive mind. We tried to exercise from home but that did not work out for us because the sofa was too attempting.
  2. Evening rutines – we want to prepare everything to the next day on the evening before. This will help us to save a lot of time since everything is ready in the morning when we are going to work. This includes preparing food to the next day and pack our bags for work.
  3. Making a blog schedule for the week – when you are working from 9am – 4pm and attending the gym afterwards and all this is combined with taking care of our apartment, doing homework for school etc it is crucial to have a plan for blogging if I want it to work out.
  4. Housework – a nice atmosphere makes everything easier in order to get things done. It is very difficult to concentrate if it is a mess around you. Besides, we are social people and we want our apartment to be presentable if someone is paying us an unexpected visit. We are therefor setting time aside to housework every week.
  5. Groceries – money doesn’t come easy and you have to work for it unless you are a son or a daughter of a billionaire haha. If you plan which groceries you are going to buy on beforehand the probability of spending less money is higher. The worst thing you can do is buying them with an empty stomach.
  6. Travelling – we want to travel more and specially to see my family in Brazil. It has been a while now and we want to make it happen this year.
  7. Time for social events – it is very important to have some fun after all the duties are been taken care of. If you are only working you will get burned out.

Well, these are our New Year’s Resolutions for this years and I must admit that it will be hard and we have to be hard on ourselves in order to make it happen. I will give you updates on how it goes and I hope you will join us and making yours for this year as well. Let us make 2017 a year where things change to the better.

Follow me on  Facebook and Instagram
 Cheers! ♥

• Reply Aishwarya January 15, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Hope you have a lovely new year Roberta and that you are able to keep up with as many of the resolutions as you can! Sending lots of love and luck your way.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel January 15, 2017 at 4:55 pm

Thank you so much Aishwarya! Sending you back lots of love and luck your way too!
      Cheers!

• Reply Kamalini Govender January 15, 2017 at 4:19 pm

Excellent tips Roberta! I would add some reading time to that list. It’s important for people to engage with texts that could stimulate their creative & intellectual sides too. 🙂 Happy 2017!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel January 15, 2017 at 4:59 pm

Thank you Kamalini! I’m glad you like it. I will read a lot of school boks this year. So definitely I will stimulate my intellectual this year :).
      Have a great Sunday!

• Reply piratepatty January 15, 2017 at 5:20 pm

Good resolutions for us all😊

• Reply I. J. Khanewala January 15, 2017 at 5:56 pm

That’s a great set of things to do. If only I was able to do these 7 things regularly!

• Reply Jennie January 15, 2017 at 6:56 pm

Here is to a great list of resolutions, Roberta. Best to you!

• Reply kbeezyisviral January 15, 2017 at 7:22 pm

Have a great week, Roberta! Staying on top of priorities is key, for sure. I’m not a man who makes resolutions, but if I did, this would be a wonderful list.

• Reply JESS @PT CONTENDER January 15, 2017 at 8:00 pm

Hey Roberta, have you created a blogging schedule yet? I am so interested in bloggers’ schedules lately, because I am currently still figuring one out for myself. I think my goal is to try for once a week of posting, but I still haven’t decided yet! Awesome goals here, & I’m sure you’ll achieve everything you set your mind to this year :))

• Reply Please Another Make up by lellaj1005 January 15, 2017 at 8:43 pm

I like your hat

• Reply Success Inspirers' World January 15, 2017 at 9:32 pm

Great New Year Resolution.

• Reply Wendy January 15, 2017 at 11:45 pm

I wish you a magical year Roberta… It certainly seems that you are going to be having a very busy year and I’m inspired by your ‘organisation’ of time to enable everything to be fitted in. I hope you manage to achieve your trip back home too.. x

• Reply TheresaBarker January 16, 2017 at 1:23 am

Ooh! Traveling! I’m looking forward to hearing more of your journey – at home and away – in 2017, Roberta!

• Reply alvarezgalloso January 16, 2017 at 1:52 am

Great post

• Reply Masoom Jethwa January 16, 2017 at 3:23 am

Resolution is to maintain a diary and travel few places where I can be child again.

• Reply ANU FRANCIS January 16, 2017 at 5:07 am

Nice attire:) but wrote the spelling of ROUTINE wrong, else blog is good 🙂

• Reply OrangeDilip January 16, 2017 at 7:53 am

Want to publish my first E-book!

• Reply Syna Flores January 16, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Nice Pic. https://fourpercentgroupreview.wordpress.com/

• Reply sparkledawn January 17, 2017 at 10:11 pm

I love your list, very similar to mine re time management-fitting everything in is not easy at all, trying to be very organised this year 😀 I have lists!!!