Yesterday I wrote about how our lives are changing to the better in the sense that we are now starting to live life to the fullest. In that post I also wrote about how we were not able to do so in Stavanger because of poor time management. Everyone in this world has 24 hrs a day and subtracted the hours of sleep and work that is what we have for other things as well.
New year means new possibilities and an opportunity to change things from last year that were obstacles in your life. We intend very strongly to do something with our time management and that is why we have many New Year’s Resolutions on our time management list.
Our jobs give us possibilities to spend money with salaries earned and we must have a balance between duties and fun. We are created to have responsibilities and the fun things become fun once you do them as a spare time when you are not having responsibilities. A life with only fun would not be fun anymore because then the fun things would not be special. On the other hand, a life with 100% of duties would not work either since then your mind would never be able to rest. The solution to finding this balance is called time management.
The most successful people in this world are the ones who are able to spend there time in the most productive way in the sense that they are able to make the best of their 24 hrs. I have many things on my schedule for this year such as graduate from college to be able to start as a full time student. I have only been a part time student due to that I lack some courses from college. Combining this with a full time job will be very hard but I will manage to do so with a good plan.
These are therefor our New Year’s Resolution for 2017:
- Start to attend the gym – we want to do this in order to get more energy during the week. Exercising is making your body produce endorphins that gives you energy and a more positive mind. We tried to exercise from home but that did not work out for us because the sofa was too attempting.
- Evening rutines – we want to prepare everything to the next day on the evening before. This will help us to save a lot of time since everything is ready in the morning when we are going to work. This includes preparing food to the next day and pack our bags for work.
- Making a blog schedule for the week – when you are working from 9am – 4pm and attending the gym afterwards and all this is combined with taking care of our apartment, doing homework for school etc it is crucial to have a plan for blogging if I want it to work out.
- Housework – a nice atmosphere makes everything easier in order to get things done. It is very difficult to concentrate if it is a mess around you. Besides, we are social people and we want our apartment to be presentable if someone is paying us an unexpected visit. We are therefor setting time aside to housework every week.
- Groceries – money doesn’t come easy and you have to work for it unless you are a son or a daughter of a billionaire haha. If you plan which groceries you are going to buy on beforehand the probability of spending less money is higher. The worst thing you can do is buying them with an empty stomach.
- Travelling – we want to travel more and specially to see my family in Brazil. It has been a while now and we want to make it happen this year.
- Time for social events – it is very important to have some fun after all the duties are been taken care of. If you are only working you will get burned out.
Well, these are our New Year’s Resolutions for this years and I must admit that it will be hard and we have to be hard on ourselves in order to make it happen. I will give you updates on how it goes and I hope you will join us and making yours for this year as well. Let us make 2017 a year where things change to the better.