Society Uncategorized

Erna's cabinet vs Trump's cabinet

January 21, 2017
  Well, Trump has become the nr 45 president in the United Stats. In Norway Trump is the topic in all the news and off course not always talking on the positiv way.
Earlier today I was watching the news and they was talking about Trump’s cabinet choice, they complained about the lack of diversity in the government.

I find this to be quite hypocritical since
the Norwegian government doesn’t have a single minority in it as you can see on the picture above.  As I can see Trump has at least two minorities compared to the Norwegian one, and it seems like the Norwegians find it very easy to complain about what Trump does while forgetting their own issues.

I think it is very sad how the media can influence people in a bad way sometimes. The truth is that in the news they only show one side of the story. I don’t believe in everything that I see on tv or in the news. Do you?
screen-shot-2017-01-21-at-13-31-01
header-image
Another thing is that anything Trump does it’s wrong in the media’s eyes. The way he dances doesn’t have anything to do with how he will act as a president. We can’t change the results of the elections and that is the way it is now. I think people should give him a chance and let him show if he can make America great as he said.
Pictures source Here and Here
Follow me on  Facebook and Instagram

• Reply Heartafire January 21, 2017 at 5:00 pm

It is clear that Mr. Trump is a classless buffoon with no plan on how to run a country. He is a danger to the entire world, a man who cannot control his words on twitter should not have the codes to the worlds largest nuclear arsenal..

• Reply Roberta Pimentel January 21, 2017 at 5:06 pm

Maybe you are right, but without given him a chance will be impossible to see if he can succeed..

• Reply Heartafire January 21, 2017 at 5:25 pm

We will see. His inaugural was one of darkness and divisiveness played out to his base of followers only with no attempt to reach out to those who fear his discrimination and vengeful personality. Shades of 1931.

• Reply cornfedcontessa January 21, 2017 at 5:40 pm

He is such a danger to the entire world. He gets upset when mocked, well buckle up Skippy, and prepared to be mocked for the next four years. I hope like hell his being mocked doesn’t get us all killed.

• Reply Heartafire January 21, 2017 at 5:44 pm

I hope not too. He is a danger to the world, his inaugural speech did not encourage me, just more of his campaign chest thumping, “it will be amazing” no substance, dark and divisive, played out to his base only. :/

• Reply cornfedcontessa January 21, 2017 at 6:05 pm

I did not watch the inaugural speech. I can’t stand the sound of his voice. I’ll be saving on electricity because every time he comes on TV, off it goes.

• Heartafire January 21, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Smart woman! He behaved like a child, waving his arms around during the first dance with his wife at an inaugural ball, motioning thumbs up to his sheeples to the song “I did it may way”. no class at all.

• cornfedcontessa January 21, 2017 at 6:24 pm

I made sure the TV’s in my house were not on any stations carrying the festivities, as to not be counted as watching it.

• Reply Barron January 21, 2017 at 5:06 pm

I don’t follow the mainstream news. I think it’s most important to look at a person’s actions, both past and present to form opinions of them. You can’t trust what politicians say. Trump and most of his cabinet have a terrible track record and lack of experience, and I expect the same kind of performance, despite what he/they may say.

• Reply Lisa A. January 21, 2017 at 5:18 pm

I honestly don’t think he’ll even make it four years. He’ll either resign because he’s too old and inexperienced, get impeached or be six feet under. I don’t accept him as the 45th president of the United States and I probably never will. God help us all.

• Reply cornfedcontessa January 21, 2017 at 5:37 pm

I’m with you on that Lisa.

• Reply Heartafire January 21, 2017 at 5:52 pm

I don’t think he has the fortitude to tackle this job and has surrounded himself with his family and cohorts to do his job for him. His temperament will either cause him to resign or be impeached, or the worst scenario, cause him to do something disastrous.

• Reply Lisa A. January 21, 2017 at 6:06 pm

I agree with you! I sincerely hope he doesn’t do anything disastrous. I wouldn’t be surprised if we go to war again under his leadership.

• Reply Heartafire January 21, 2017 at 6:18 pm

I wouldn’t be surprised at anything. I think he intends to ally with Russia, a bully nation who encroaches on its neighbors, under the leadership of a dictator.

• Lisa A. January 21, 2017 at 6:19 pm

Yup. There’s that too.

• Reply anisioluiz2008 January 21, 2017 at 5:18 pm

Reblogged this on O LADO ESCURO DA LUA.

• Reply gunnardeckare January 21, 2017 at 5:53 pm

Things are not looking that good but exactly where he and the Us are going remains to be seen

• Reply Heartafire January 21, 2017 at 5:54 pm

btw, America is already great. This man lost the popular vote by 3 Million votes. We must do away with the electoral college, it is obsolete as he now says NATO is, if that doesn’t frighten one, what will.

• Reply gruundehn January 21, 2017 at 6:18 pm

Heartafire: The Electoral College is a protection from mob rule. Clinton won 19 States and if her margin of victory in California was the same as her average margin of the other 18 States, Trump has won the popular vote. But we do not have one national election for President, we have 50.

• Reply Heartafire January 21, 2017 at 6:21 pm

I think we will see the end of the electoral college, a means of taking the vote from the people, gruundehn.

• Reply Pete January 21, 2017 at 6:29 pm

If he electoral college was taken away, the candidates would have no reason to campaign in half the states. The president would be chosen by the big cities and most populous states, leaving the other states out to dry. That is why they set up the electoral college – so every state would have a voice. It would be a huge mistake to change that. America is great, I agree. But we can do better, and taking away the electoral college would not be better. And o NATO, He believes it needs to be reorganized, since the US pays about 25% of the costs. He’s a business man, and he believes everyone should pay there share.

• Reply Heartafire January 21, 2017 at 8:23 pm

reorganized…that should be interesting.

• Reply Pete January 21, 2017 at 5:58 pm

I like what Barron said. You can’t trust politicians! In America, our politicians in Congress have a 17% approval rating because they refuse to do what the people want and go their own way. Now we have a non-politician in charge, and many of his cabinet choices are not politicians. The media has stirred up a furor around he world, but nobody sees the bigger picture.

This is about the American people, the ones who truly run our government. They chose Trump because he is a business man who has a proven track record of successes and failures. He is not a politician! And I know he is a long ways from politically correct, but we are sick and tired of politically correct here. They chose Trump because they believe he can really get things done, where Hillary would have been the same old politician.

Trump is a very smart man. He should be given a chance to show what he can do, rather than be run down all the time. I think the demonstrations around he word are interesting. It shows that all eyes are on American as the leader of the world, and they are concerned. I think that’s a tribute to our great country. And I think President Trump will prov e everyone wrong. He will put the people back in charge, where they should be. Every American should feel good about that.

• Reply Barron January 21, 2017 at 6:33 pm

I don’t think all politicians are bad. Most of them have dedicated themselves to a life/career of service. I don’t believe Trump is dedicated to anything but his and his family’s wealth. Whether or not that is good for the country remains to be seen, but I’m not optimistic.

• Reply Pete January 21, 2017 at 6:46 pm

I truly think this is not about his families wealth. I think it’s about the fact that factories are moving overseas or to Mexico, and we are losing those good paying. I think it’s about inner cities that have’t been looked at in decades, about tax rates that choke the economy and business, about a porous border, and many other things. Congress was never meant to be a career, and it has become that for many. This is a shock to all, I know. But maybe we needed a shock, and it just may prove to be the best thing that ever happened. We must give it a chance.

• Reply alvarezgalloso January 21, 2017 at 6:34 pm

Nikki Haley is a minority. She is the first Indian [India] American to serve as Governor of South Carolina.

As for Trump, [even though I voted for myself for President] many who criticize Trump are of the elite and they are sore losers. Trump was possible because of an America where jobs were lost because of high taxes and regulations resulting in many [jobs] sent overseas.

There was a lack of contact between the people in the country and the city as well as the elite and the governed. The elite thought that they could get away with anything including marginalization of those who do not agree with them.

Immigration was a powerful issue even though people were leaving America more than entering secondary to the climate within the country. While there have been peaceful demonstrations, there have been violent ones with those who lost vandalizing public and private property.

It is hoped that the differences can be resolved but more than one man is needed. There should be a change in attitude in all spheres and an end to the political correctness that has strangled America.

• Reply alvarezgalloso January 21, 2017 at 6:35 pm

PS: I want to thank you for your blog and articles in every spheres Roberta. In closing, America must return to God, the Gold, and Silver Standard as well as George Washington’s Farewell Address which warned America about “entangling alliances” and “political parties”.

• Reply Margarita January 21, 2017 at 7:08 pm

I base my opinion on my observation of that individual’s behavior and history over the past 40 years. That is the time that I, personally, lived in an area directly affected by his behavior. While criticizing his dancing skills, or lack of them, is indeed petty, the fact remains that he has always demonstrated that he is a thoroughly self-serving, small-minded, moral and ethical midget. I don’t need the press to tell me that. I’ve witnessed it.

I don’t know what the minority population as a percentage of Norway’s population is. Looking at the photo, it seems there is an equal number of males and females in Norway’s cabinet. I would hope they are also qualified by education and experience in their positions.

Trump”s diversity looks good in photo ops. Their qualifications and experience to lead the vast departments and budgets that will come under their control…questionable at best.

By the way, “give him a chance.” He’s had many, including the opportunity to state his clear intention to unify, not further divide, the nation when he took his oath of office yesterday. He pissed it away. No more chances. 😉 xoM

• Reply Pete January 21, 2017 at 8:08 pm

I can understand that frustration. Personally, I thought his speech was unifying,so people see things differently. He is trying to unify the country, not the world. His vision is for America, not for America to be the guardian of the world. And that is what he expressed, in my opinion. Sure, he is very rough around the edges, and sure, he has always been about himself.

But I truly believe he is doing this because he sees America deteriorating, and it saddens him, and he truly believe he an change the course.. And a lot of people, enough to get him elected, think so too. I also find it strange how the groups that are demonstrating are the ones that demand tolerance, but they have no tolerance for him.

• Reply TheresaBarker January 21, 2017 at 8:25 pm

Roberta, so refreshing to hear your thoughts from a truly international perspective (Latin American origins, living in Scandanavia). I agree with your suggestion about not jumping automatically to everything negative. I’d like to see us listen more and ask questions of the “other side.” But a lot of folks are really flying off the handle with automatic negative reactions. 🙂

• Reply nkdwhtguy January 21, 2017 at 9:39 pm

There is nothing to suggest he will be a successful president. No experience, poor cabinet choices, flawed morals and elitist attitude, and on and on and on…..Sorry but I see nothing positive about him.

• Reply Pete January 21, 2017 at 9:52 pm

Did you watch any of the Cabinet confirmation hearings? The qualifications of the people chosen in the fields where they were chosen make them excellent choices. They know the industry better than anyone because they were heavily involved in it. It is a different approach, but this whole thing has been about doing it different.

• Reply nkdwhtguy January 22, 2017 at 2:18 am

Are you talking about his Energy, Education, or Housing selectees? Really? Qualified? The only one I really like is his SECDEF.

• Reply Pete January 22, 2017 at 2:28 am

Housing – Ben Carson Great choice. Fresh ideas are what we need. Nothing’s getting done now, and Carson is brilliant.

I was talking about Education on my last response. Clearly a new perspective which we need desperately

Energy – Rick Perry – Maybe a questionable one, but he does know the oil industry and how it has suffered at Obama’s hands. Remember, we’e going for 100% domestic energy.

• Reply JC January 22, 2017 at 1:01 am

Excellent choices!! can you say Education Secretary. Sad, really sad.

• Reply Pete January 22, 2017 at 1:26 am

She comes from outside the system, a system which is producing poor results – very poor results. And it’s not for lack of money because schools are not cash strapped.. It’s a system which needs a drastic overhaul, and no one who has worked in the system would do that. It is controlled by a very powerful teachers union.

My daughter is a teacher, and the insurance they offer to teachers at her school is outrageously priced. I can’t for the life of me figure out why that would be true when you have that large of a risk pool to draw from. I see an education system that is producing a lot of second class kids. Instead of tapping into their intelligence, we have tapped into their emotions and made school a social experiment, not a learning environment. We are falling behind on every academic standard

It’s time for a change I was just reading Ms DeVos’s bio, and she has some great ideas on what that change might look like to improve the environment fr the children. Definitely not he status quo, but the status qua is not good. I like it

• Reply Benn Bell January 22, 2017 at 5:15 am

DeVos knows nothing about education and will destroy public education system in America to the detriment of school children.She must not be confirmed!

• Reply Pete January 22, 2017 at 7:09 am

We have a failing public education system. It needs a major overhaul.

• Benn Bell January 22, 2017 at 12:38 pm

It is failing because of people like DeVos. Look at what she did in Detroit. One of the worse school systems in America. A total failure. I question you comment about the school system in general in America. There are a lot of very good schools. But if it need overhauling ts should not be overhauled by DeVos.

• Pete January 22, 2017 at 1:29 pm

Yes, there are. But we lag behind the rest of the world in test scores. Our schools are being used as a social experiment as much, if not more than an educational experience. Perhaps Devos is not the right person, but I don’t think anyone within the system will make the changes necessary to reverse the trend

• Reply Jennie January 22, 2017 at 3:21 am

Bravo, Roberta! Thank you for looking at the big picture and realizing that all the petty comments and anger do nothing. I, too, am getting tired of Trump negativity from the press and others. I watched the hearings on DeVos. She is great!

• Reply Benn Bell January 22, 2017 at 5:12 am

Trump has no business being president. He is a mean spirited racist and misogynist with no core values other than greed and his own rise to power. He is a clear and present danger to the USA and the world. He is a tasteless vulgarian who has brought shame to America. You see the demonstrations and the protests in the street? We don’t want him! The resistance has only just begun.

• Reply TheFallibleQueen January 23, 2017 at 1:48 am

I agree the media gives too much spotlight on everything Trump does but the reality is he needs accountability for his action. I’m all for diversity but it doesn’t mean much to me if the people of color are unqualified for their position. I speak on Dr.Carson he said himself he was going to refuse the position because he felt he was unqualified but he changed his mind. The basic questions he was asked he couldn’t give a clear-cut answer. I’m curious to see how Trump’s presidency goes and I honestly want him to succeed as a president for EVERY one. That won’t happen unless he’s held accountable for the poor decisions he has made so far and realizes that his alienating approach needs revision.

• Reply DonnaMaria May 26, 2017 at 2:53 pm

Hi Roberta, I wanted to write when you first posted this, but my computer was kerperling what ever. Anyway I think this is one of you best post. It shows to me that you have spunk and will mix up you regular posts. If you know what I mean? I will and would have gotten it bad for the commentators here. I like President Trump like any other President you have to give him time. I like what Jenni said here. I think you spoke of in my words of equality and negativity is squash about. Plus I want to say we need to respect the office of presdentcy. I did not like some presidents, but I choose not to bash in public or private. It is not worth my energy or going to do the best for the situation. Okay, my 2 cents worth. I think. blessings to all concerned. Peace we need not anger.