Blog Outfit Society Uncategorized

Sexy in black

January 24, 2017

Is it okay to feel sexy?

For some time ago my self confidence was low and I believed that every woman was more beautiful than me. I was comparing myself to every one of them forgetting to look at myself in the mirror and see my own beauty. I am a Latina and my body structure is quite different from European body structure and I must say that we Latinas have gotten more on our hips and the butt.

Before I came to Norway I did not have any problem with my self confidence since almost every one looked like me. However, when I came to Norway I felt that every woman looked like a barbie doll with long beautiful legs and I was so jealous haha.

dsc_0725

The real reason for why I lost my self confidence was that I was going through some difficulties that really hurt me that I might tell you about one day in the future but for now I don’t want to delve into the old scars. It’s very common to lose confidence when you are going through rough times and sometimes it can be hard to come back as strong as you were before it happened. It took me approximately 6 years to come back to where I am today and finally allowing myself to feel sexy again.

I would never have managed to do this on my own and there are some actions that are necessary for you to take in order to succeed such process. There are some people that you have to get rid offΒ in your life because they are not good for you. It was hard since it was scaring to leave my so called friend but it was better to be alone than staying in the bad company that I was in. Luckily, I managed to get new friends that helped me through the most difficult time in my life and I’m so grateful for them.

dsc_0722

dsc_0724

What about you? Do you allow yourself to feel sexy or are you letting yourself being dragged down by comparing yourself to other women? Every single woman has one kind of beauty and it is important to accept your beauty and recognise it. I was dreaming about having long thin legs but that is not possible for me and therefor I have to appreciate having nice shapes which other women might be jealous of me at again. You see, there is always something that you don’t like about yourself that another women is dying to have.

I want you to start seeing yourself as unique and there is no one exactly like you. You are beautiful, fabulous, strong and remember that you have the power.

Let’s take sexy back!

Cheers!

• Reply Benn Bell January 24, 2017 at 9:47 pm

Looking good….and sexy!

• Reply Kim Knight_Author January 24, 2017 at 9:49 pm

Very nice! 😊

• Reply ronbrownx January 24, 2017 at 9:54 pm

You are beautiful!

• Reply Patricia January 24, 2017 at 9:59 pm

And here all of us with long skinny legs just want to fill out our boots like you do! I honestly could stuff my boots with everything in my purse and still the aren’t nice and snug like yours are!
    You look wonderful! And good heavens your house is always so neat!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel January 25, 2017 at 10:32 pm

Hehe.. we always want what others have πŸ˜‚ Thanks for the compliment Patricia and for reading my post 🌹

• Reply Marije, De Gans (MSW) January 24, 2017 at 10:08 pm

Comparing gives at least one victim… Don’t compare. Everyone is ok. And you look beautiful to me! It might be possible, the thin Scandinavian woman look at you with some feeling of jealously … having no sexy curves like you do! Love your posts! ❀

• Reply tarnishedsoul January 24, 2017 at 10:21 pm

That is a great look!

• Reply kbeezyisviral January 24, 2017 at 10:51 pm

Black is definitely sexy, as long you wear it right. #FOF #FamilyOverFame

• Reply alvarezgalloso January 24, 2017 at 11:06 pm

Great

• Reply Gastradamus January 24, 2017 at 11:21 pm

You pull it off well, black looks good on you, no sought. Would love to hear your thought on our new short story called rutjob. Also if you have the time check out the controversial Lardy Arms and Queen Kong and I

• Reply nkdwhtguy January 24, 2017 at 11:54 pm

You look classy and beautiful!

• Reply Jim January 24, 2017 at 11:55 pm

oo la la. you’re looking good lady. your beau is one lucky guy.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel January 25, 2017 at 10:30 pm

Hehe 😁 thank you Jim 😁 I’m a lucky girl for having him ❀️

• Reply bluejewelette January 25, 2017 at 3:33 am

I believe there is not an option to feel sexy. There is no wrong or right answer for it. I believe when you love yourself and your body the way it is, nothing can compare to how others may think. We all are beautiful & sexy at the same time. But for the sexy part I believe you can flaunt it however you like and plus with your partner by motivating you along the way.
    Stay Blessed & Stay Encouraged πŸ™πŸ’—πŸŒΈ

• Reply Kalpesh Bhanushali January 25, 2017 at 3:50 am

Looking dam beautiful…πŸ‘β˜Ί

• Reply Subbashini Meenakshi Sundaram January 25, 2017 at 4:55 am

Motivating article, I believe hereafter when I look into the mirror I feel more confident 😊

• Reply Roberta Pimentel January 25, 2017 at 10:27 pm

Thank you 😊 I’m glad that you like it πŸ’‹β€οΈ

• Reply voulaah January 25, 2017 at 12:00 pm

So chic and sexy
    kisses

• Reply exoticnita54 January 25, 2017 at 5:14 pm

Cheers 🍻…
    you are so right about it all..
    and I’m so jealous of your beauty and And you shape…

So you see.. we all do it.. compared ourselves to everyone else. Without remembering we are all unique.. and there can only be one of you..
    so happy 😊 you find back your sexy… because gf… you are

• Reply D.Taylor January 28, 2017 at 6:04 pm

What an amazing story! I think that you are BEAUTIFUL. I have been there before, having low self-esteem and also being dragged by words from someone in the past. When I finally got away from the lies that were embedded into my brain that tried to mold me into something that I wasn’t, even though I was free I continued to drag myself by looking at others and comparing myself to them, because I felt that I wasn’t beautiful enough. Now I can honestly say after 4 years of finding myself I am not afraid of allowing myself to be beautiful. Thank you for sharing your story!