Blog Life Relationship

Relationships – ups and downs

February 26, 2017

I must say that me and Johan we have a pretty communicative relationship where we can talk to one another about everything which makes our relationship stronger since there is more trust in it. There is even those who have claimed that they are a bit jealous about how a man and a woman in a relationship can work that well together and I must say that we also are best friends.

Even though we have a good relationship there is also some downs because no relationship is 100% perfect. I like to have the apartment clean everyday while Johan might wait till the next day before he reacts to mess. This can be a bit frustrating sometimes and it can even lead to a discussion.

Even though we spend a lot of time together there are times where we both want to have some privacy. This part we have worked out very well actually because when this happens he will go to our room playing football manager while I will sit in the living room with my computer which is very nice sometimes. I am glad that this don’t lead to discussions since I think that everyone needs some privacy and alone time sometimes and it would be frustrating if one of us did not understand that part. In addition, I will say that having reactions like this is very normal.

Usually we do everything together and it feels a bit strange when we do something apart from one another. However, it is important to spend some time with friends as well and there are some things that I rather want to discuss with my friends like girls talk instead of talking to Johan about it. I don’t think that he likes to talk about make-ups and stuff haha. I think that he also has a need to talk about sports and other man stuff with his friends even though I watch sports with him sometimes.

What I am trying to say is that even though it is very important to spend time with the one you love and have good communication it is necessary to spend some quality time with friends as well and not forget about them just because you are in a relationship. I think that it is important to trust one another and not being jealous since jealousy can ruin the relationship. I think that trusting another person is a choice that you make and there is no point of being in a relationship if you don’t trust your partner. I admit that this is an area that I work on in our relationship because I have had my share of bastards which has made me generalise men and sometimes my boyfriend is paying the price for what other men did to me in the past which is not okay.

Now I have just revealed the ups and downs in my relationship with Johan. What do you think? Are there some things here that you can familiarise yourself with in your relationship or do you have some completely different from ours?

Follow me on Facebook HERE

• Reply The Vegan Mystic August 12, 2016 at 4:51 pm

It is so good to have time away with own friends. I cannot imagine life any other way, plus also see mutual friends together for example we are going to a wedding party tomorrow. I love my independence!

• Reply alvarezgalloso August 12, 2016 at 5:16 pm

Thanks for sharing.

• Reply piratepatty August 12, 2016 at 6:40 pm

Time with friends is important too. It’s balance. Where is your boyfriend from? I know you are from Brazil.

• Reply Grandtrines August 13, 2016 at 3:02 am

Reblogged this on Still Another Writer's Blog.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 13, 2016 at 3:18 am

• Reply Grandtrines August 13, 2016 at 3:27 am

You are welcome!

• Reply inesephoto August 13, 2016 at 3:54 am

Thank you for sharing, Roberta!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel September 21, 2016 at 9:51 pm

Thanks for reading 🙂 Waiting for the interview with you in October 🙂

• Reply inesephoto September 23, 2016 at 3:51 pm

Just came home 🙂 You can send me the questions and I will start answering them. Thank you so much again! xx

• Reply Morgan August 13, 2016 at 5:48 am

Great post Roberta

• Reply Relationships – ups and downs | Roberta Pimentel September 22, 2016 at 11:18 pm

[…] Source: Relationships – ups and downs […]

• Reply NikkiD September 22, 2016 at 11:21 pm

I love this post! Like this, I enjoy time with my husband. I also enjoy girl time at the spa with a friend & a mimosa. 🙂 It’s my way of staying balanced and making sure I allocate time for proper self-care.

• Reply inceptionmindcom September 23, 2016 at 12:01 am

These things are common in all the couples……. you may give different examples but the situation is same

• Reply settleinelpaso September 23, 2016 at 12:24 am

Dear friend Roberta,
    Nice post but we have an irrelevant question. How did you add the widget “BLOGS I FOLLOW” in your self-hosted WordPress site? We have been searching but was not able to find anything convenient other than manual entry through blogroll. Will you write something on this?

Sorry for the irrelevant question here. Thank you!

Best wishes.

• Reply El Coleccionista Hipnótico September 23, 2016 at 1:58 am

I just agree with everything you said. That’s how a fine relationship works… And off course, each one has its own way of do things and there Are always disagreements about things like tidying Or cleaning up, Or whatever, But that’s normal, as far as it doesn’t end fighting Or creating a huge disappointment, misunderstanding Or anger.

• Reply alvarezgalloso September 23, 2016 at 12:17 pm

Thanks for sharing. Relationships are a two way street. Both sides have to give and take.

• Reply breathingpark September 23, 2016 at 6:11 pm

You are right….everyone even the kids need some space sometimes somewhere….welcome for reigniting the thoughts per se…..