Blog Life TV

7 Things I wanna do before I die

February 27, 2017

We are all going to die someday and we have only limited time on this earth. The world is full of exiting things to experience and it is actually difficult to make a list since I want to see so much. However, I had to limit my wishes in order to be able to write this post and I have come up with 7 things I wanna do and see before I die.

1. Visit the statue of liberty

This has a very symbolic matter to the US and it would be great to see it and walk inside it. I have heard rumours that there is supposed to be a restaurant inside it but I don’t know if that is true.The copper from the Statue of Liberty is actually from Karmøy which is an island 1,5 hours away from Stavanger where I live.

2. Visit poor villages in Africa

I have always dreamt about helping poor kids that don’t have the opportunity to go to school. I want to support them by collecting money and give it to a project that focus on education. Better education will improve their future and it is a great investment in others life I think. I hope that I will have managed to do something about this dream before I die.

poor villages

3. Jerusalem

As a christian I would love to see the historical places and walk in the footsteps of Jesus. There are many interesting things to see there and I am definitely going there one time in my life.

jerusalem

4. Visit Niagara falls

Wow! The nature around it is so beautiful and it looks like it is painted. I am definitely going to experience Niagara falls someday and at the same time visit the areas around. I know people who has been there and they have only nice words to say about it.

niagara falls

5. Visit the underground river puerto princesa in the Philippines.

I think it looks very romantic to go there with my boyfriend without any social media and just enjoy the view and each other.

underground river

6. Parachute

I love action and there is no more action than jumping off a plane in a parachute and just fall and fall.. The thought of it is terrifying but I guess that is what triggers me when it comes to parachuting. The only problem about parachuting is that I am afraid of heights but I want to do it because I want to go out of my comfort zone.

parachute

7. Hang glider

This is something similar to the above mentioned one and the height will be a challenge here as well. It seems very fun though and I have to try it someday. I think this one will be easier to do than the first but I am going try to succeed both of them. Both of them will give some adrenaline and make my heart beat fast. In addition it will be wonderful to see everything from the air.

hang glider

Well, I know I said 7 things but finally there is one unrealistic thing that I need to add.

8. Meeting Ellen Degeneres

Meeting Ellen would be a dream come true for sure. She is so cool and she has a great sense of humour if you ask me. I watch her TV show and it is definitely a winner.

ellen

These were the things that I want to do before I die.

What are yours?

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Roberta-Pimentel-122081677873993/

Cheers!

• Reply Esther August 26, 2016 at 11:24 pm

Those sound like great things to do before you die, by the way I nominated you for the wisteria writer’s challenge.

• Reply jlfatgcs August 27, 2016 at 12:27 am

See the Grand Canyon. Drive across America, backroads, coast to coast. Get my book(s) published (query letter ready in a week). Spend time by the ocean. Spend more time with grandchildren. Read aloud, everywhere, because that is the #1 in education, and it’s what I do.

• Reply emotionsoflife2016 August 27, 2016 at 12:42 am

I am sure you will do all of that, there is no doubt about it

• Reply Belle Papillon 24/7 August 27, 2016 at 3:21 am

Wow! Bucket list! I have a 101 Bucket List and since last year I have been “actively” working on it. I’m going to Jerusalem in March. I’m probably going to Palawan in Nov though that’s not on my BL but we’re going island hopping so might as well.
    I do wanna see Niagara and go all the way up the Statue… I’ve done the Eiffel but next year I won’t use the elevator. lol I wanna do the Christ the Redeemer also… omg! The French has captured me… haha
    Anyways, I’ll be posting my 101 BL sometime as one of my blogger friends have requested it.
    Thanks for sharing.

• Reply sassycatk August 27, 2016 at 3:55 am

I love this idea! You have some great things listed!

• Reply quarksire August 27, 2016 at 4:11 am

go check out froedes werld there at nortrike.net ! 🙂 is very kewl ultralight trike site..
    flyin all over the fjords there etc etc…an down by the coas an over towns…there…

• Reply radhikasreflection August 27, 2016 at 5:52 am

Reading your to do list, I am tempted to make one for me too……

• Reply Rajiv August 27, 2016 at 7:48 am

That is quite the list!

• Reply Mozer G. August 27, 2016 at 9:45 pm

Great taste!!! Regards from Jerusalem! hope to see you soon 😉

• Reply Amitav Chowdhury August 28, 2016 at 6:03 am

I would love to go Skydiving, my dream. 🙂

• Reply Pauletry August 28, 2016 at 8:46 am

My list is countless .but at the top, publish a best seller

• Reply PsychPerspectives August 28, 2016 at 9:54 am

Really good post. It’s a funny statement really, “things I want to do before I die”. It implies you can’t do anything during death or after (which I believe, but some don’t) Maybe it should be instead phrased, “things I want to do whilst alive”
    Just playing around with it ☺ Thanks.

• Reply Idle Muser August 28, 2016 at 9:55 am

Hey Roberta. You probably should read ‘O Jerusalem’ by Dominique and Larry, if going to Jerusalem is one of your wishes in bucket list. I started it, but due to some reasons haven’t completed it yet.
    But I am sure you will love it. 🙂

As far as my bucket list is concerned, there are a lot of things.
    These are the ones which I can recall right now – Studying in NYC, Meeting Taylor Swift, Having my personal library. 😀

• Reply Curlygirlabroad August 28, 2016 at 11:19 am

Nice list! I hope they may all come true for you 🙂 My list consist mostly about visiting different places around the globe

• Reply watchingthedaisies August 28, 2016 at 11:21 am

Enjoy your journey. I have done a lot of travelling now and my favourite places include my home here in Donegal, Scotland where I was born, Bali and its culture, Malta, Morocco….

• Reply dianaed2013 August 28, 2016 at 11:48 am

How great to have a ‘bucket’ list. Niagara Falls are wonderful and of course from pictures you can’t image the sound

• Reply The Poetry Channel September 6, 2016 at 11:10 pm

One heck of a bucket list. I grew up in NY and never visited the statue of liberty until after I moved away and came home to visit.
    As for your gravity defying wishes, not all it’s cracked up to be, but I hope you enjoy it if/when you get the chance.

• Reply MrsCraft September 6, 2016 at 11:53 pm

These are fab. When I was at uni doing my teacher training I went on a trip to the Gambia and taught in a primary school and a nursery. It was only for a couple of hours but it was unforgettable! One thing I’d love to do is see the northern lights.

• Reply APlaceWeLike September 14, 2016 at 12:59 pm

I’m sure you will do them all, and I look forward to reading about them!

I’ve found you at the Follow to Follow directory, check out my blog if you want to read some of my travel articles. https://aplacewelike.com/

• Reply okotoenigma September 23, 2016 at 9:33 am

Those are really amazing things and places. I’d love to do everything and go everywhere too. #jealous ☺

• Reply gunnardeckare September 23, 2016 at 11:46 am

I have visited poor villages in Africa but none of the rest in your list. Most of our journeys go to Italy but I would like to pay Australia a visit

• Reply mliae September 23, 2016 at 12:03 pm

Great list!

• Reply Miriam September 23, 2016 at 12:28 pm

What an awesome list. Good luck with it all. No way would I jump out of a perfectly good plane! 🙂

• Reply Roberta Pimentel September 23, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Thank you 🙂 I hope I manage to do them all 🙂
      Thanks for stopping by and for commenting 🙂

• Reply Miriam September 23, 2016 at 1:50 pm

You’re most welcome.

• Reply kidsandcompass September 23, 2016 at 12:35 pm

Great list – good luck checking them all off! Although the parachute jump would be one step too far for me…
    Will have to make a list of my own 🙂

• Reply Roberta Pimentel September 23, 2016 at 12:41 pm

I think jump will be difficult but I need to try one day.. Thanks for reading 🙂
      I definitely encourage you to do your own 🙂

• Reply kidsandcompass September 23, 2016 at 12:43 pm

My husband has done one and I could have gone too but I chickened out. Perhaps one day…
        It’s very brave of you! 🙂

• Reply MickETalbot September 23, 2016 at 3:19 pm

Wow, over 200 likes on this post, congratulations. I am sure I have said something along these line before, but it has to be said again. Yes Roberta, you are one amazing person, dedicated,, passionate in achieving your goals, and in helping other to achieve theirs. I wish you much success in achieving all in your list.

My list of to do things before I die is short, for I have been lucky in my 72 years in that I have archived them all bar one, and that is to visit both poles. Not quite true for I have an addition, that being to meet you in the flesh,, oop’s, I’ll rephrase that, to meet you in person., that would be nice.. Both wishful thinking, for the health of my beloved, and myself , involve many restrictions on our mobility. As long as we both remain lucid, and with virtual reality at our finger tips and of course our own companionship and that of our family we’ll be fine.

Take care, many thanks for sharing,

Mick

• Reply kbeezyisviral September 23, 2016 at 3:29 pm

I have a lot of dreams. Skydiving and travelling are two of them. I’m confident I will be able to accomplish them all before I die.

• Reply debbiepalmer176 September 23, 2016 at 5:36 pm

Great ideas and hope you get to do everything! I would put British Columbia on your Canada list too as there are some beautiful spots here – Tofino and Long Beach are amazing.

• Reply NikkiD September 23, 2016 at 8:02 pm

How fun! This is a great post!!

I think I’ll do something similar on my blog. Now I have to figure out what 7 things I want to do – meaning, I have to narrow it down to the to 7. 🙂

• Reply Liesbet September 26, 2016 at 3:34 pm

That’s a great list, Roberta! I have “checked” a few of them off my list, but would like to do the other ones you mention as well – like the hang gliding and going to Jerusalem. When you come to the States for a vacation, you can check half of your items off your list! 🙂 My “list” consists of lots of traveling and experiencing new places, and wildlife encounters. Not too many specifics, since I am roaming about all the time and enjoy whatever opportunity and excitement that comes my way like this. The world is huge and I do hope to explore most of it before I die.

• Reply neesrecordaolcom February 27, 2017 at 12:33 am

You are way to young for a bucket list, but then what a great list. I guess I need to start thinking of mine.

• Reply Margarita February 27, 2017 at 1:03 am

There is no restaurant in Lady Liberty, Roberta. The climb to the crown is a steep, spiral staircase. And when you get to the crown, there’s not much to see. The views OF the Statue of Liberty are far more interesting and majestic than the views FROM it. 😉 xoxoM

• Reply Cassie Borodenko February 27, 2017 at 6:59 am

I’ve done 3 things on your list 😀

• Reply depatridge February 27, 2017 at 9:39 am

Great dreams you lined up for yourself. I thought you’re capable of realizing them. Kudos, friend!

• Reply rhythminlife February 27, 2017 at 2:19 pm

For Visiting Africa, you should go to Uganda ( mostly the Northern part). I was born and raised in Uganda.💕. Thank you for thinking of it as one of the places you want to visit before you die.💕

• Reply Let's CUT the Crap! February 27, 2017 at 4:41 pm