Blog Daily Prompts

Dramatic

May 29, 2017

My dream has always been to become an artist where I could express my feelings and live the dramatic scenes in theatres, series and movies. I have always liked to dance since you can express things in a way that words never can. I guess I am a very dramatic person because these things have always fascinated me. Besides, in my culture there is a lot of drama as well and one example of this is the telenovelas that you probably know from the latin american culture haha.

My dream about becoming an artist has not come true yet but I know that I will work as an artist one day. I actually studied drama when I was living in Brazil but could not proceed since I did not have enough money. I am a bit mixed in this very moment since I want to pursue my dream but on the other hand I am a bit afraid of doing so. I feel that a 35 year old should not be doing drama but rather be working in a 9-5 job and have children and family. However, I believe that the artist life is where I will end up in the future since it is my personality and I cannot ignore something that strong inside of me.

What about you? Are you afraid to follow your dreams?

1937363_263817890575_7125160_n

The picture above is from a Latin American party that me and a friend arranged together when I was living in Aalesund. If you want to see all the pictures from the arrangement then you can check it out on the link bellow 🙂 https://www.facebook.com/Fitnessandfashion.no/media_set?set=a.300181300575.325369.798825575&type=3

• Reply alvarezgalloso July 31, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Great article. You are already an artist since life is a stage and we are all artists. I am following my dream as a journalist and I am 54.

• Reply Jim July 31, 2016 at 9:39 pm

I don’t know why being 35 would stifle your dreams. my vote would be for you to pursue them if you want.

• Reply D'Dream July 31, 2016 at 10:46 pm

One thing I know for sure that its never too late to pursue ones dream and aspirations. Go get it if its what you want. Age is just a number really

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 3, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Thanks. I’m really thinking about. I agree that age is just a number 🙂
      Thanks for reading!

• Reply anotetohuguette July 31, 2016 at 11:33 pm

I agree with the above comments! I won an award for writing when I was 12 and felt that this was my calling and then life got in the way but with my blogging I feel that I have re-kindled that long ago dream. I say “go for it”, Roberta!!

• Reply Kim Knight_Author (Romance/Suspense & Crime Fiction Writer) August 1, 2016 at 12:03 am

Always follow your dreams is what my mama always tells me. Age is a number not a barrier. Why confirm to what is expected if that’s not what you want?

• Reply Grandtrines August 1, 2016 at 2:03 am

Reblogged this on Still Another Writer's Blog.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 13, 2016 at 4:39 am

You are the best 🙂

• Reply Grandtrines August 13, 2016 at 4:48 am

Much appreciated!

• Reply Alvernon August 1, 2016 at 11:46 am

Keep following your dream… You can always choreograph!!! 😉

• Reply miladyronel August 1, 2016 at 2:01 pm

Age is just a number – pursue your dreams, no matter what others (and that staid voice inside) think you should do 🙂

• Reply autistsix August 1, 2016 at 3:33 pm

I wanted to be a mother more than anything else and I have my kids, but I never left my other dreams behind, art, writing, singing, acting& studying animal behaviour. I did and do those things with my kids & husband and near them. I get compliments by the kids’ art & drama teachers because they say this family love of art shows in the kids work. My message isn’t have kids (that was my thing) or not, its incorporate all your dreams into your life and take opportunities when they come up. Do things because they feel right to you, not because you think you should, and if life seems to be taking you away, keep up your dreams as a hobby until you get the opportunity.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 3, 2016 at 9:47 pm

Thanks for your feedback.. I’m really thinking to make as a hobby first and see what happen 🙂

• Reply bf62183703 August 10, 2016 at 1:07 am

Thanks for reading my blog. I say follow your dreams. Being an adult at 35 one starts to feel the realities of “getting older” but feeling that you are still young. Responsibility among other things I guess starts entering one’s character or perhaps “intensifies.” If opportunities arise, think through them for possibility. Good luck!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 13, 2016 at 4:38 am

Thank you for visiting me back and for the nice feedback 🙂
      Cheers!

• Reply TheChattyIntrovert November 28, 2016 at 6:56 pm

I’m in the same artistic-dinghy trying to get to the boat. I’m 33 and tried to do everything right, everything I thought I wanted. Now I’m on about Plan “F” or “G” in my life because none of it has come out like it was “supposed to.” Now I’m trying hard to convince myself that I’m not a total fool tackling writing and painting like I’ve always wanted to do. Hugs, and yes, go find it!

• Reply serendipity031 December 4, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Hi I’m new to the blogging life and was wondering if you could read my work and follow me I’d appreciate it…as I am interested in literature and spoken word thank you