Blog

Relationship is crucial to happiness

June 24, 2016

I connect very easily with people and sometimes the connections lead to good friendships. The majority of humans are contact seeking in the sense that we like to be in company with other people and like social gatherings in order to have someone to talk to. I don’t believe that humans are created to be alone and  how dangerous isolation can be is an example of that. Circumstances change in life and sometimes they cause that good friends will leave your city. This doesn’t imply that the friends you have should be forgotten but simple that you cannot see them as often as before. Then it gets more important to take care of your friendship since you must make an extra effort in the sense that you need to travel to see them etc.

I have a really good whose name is Michelle. I have known her for almost one year and it is nice for me to have a friend from Brazil. We share language together and also some cultural aspects since we come from the same country and district. Michelle is working as a geologist. She has been working alone at an office in Stavanger but she has felt quite alone at her office  and has decided to move to Oslo to work with her colleagues instead. I understand her decision since I can see why she feels lonely working alone but I’m also a bit sad since she will not live close to where I’m living.

Oslo is located on the other side of the country and it requires more effort to go and visit her. I am used to just give her a call and meet her in downtown for a coffee or somewhere else. Oslo is a city with a lot of opportunities and many jobs lie there. My boyfriend is graduating this year and will have his master degree in finance. The finance district of Norway is located in Norway and it is not unlikely that I will live in the same city as my friend once again. Only time will tell.

Yesterday I spent the day with Michelle. I received some free tickets to a volleyball tournament in Stavanger and I thought with myself that it would be a great opportunity to spend some time with my friend before she is leaving for Oslo. I picked up my boyfriend when he was done studying and we went together to watch the games.

IMG_3460

DSC_0553

DSC_0555

DSC_0556

DSC_0557

DSC_0559

After the game we went to a bar to have some glasses of wine and just enjoy the day. There were a lot of people in downtown Stavanger because of the tournament but also because of the tourist season. There are a lot of cruise ships in Stavanger during summertime and consequently the city is full of tourists visiting Stavanger and the areas around which I would write about another time.

When I first met Michelle I could not believe that she is Brazilian because her apperiance is very European. That is because she is half German and therefor has a whiter skin colour than the average Brazilian.

DSC_0561

The day was warm but a bit cloudy and at the end of the day we felt some rain drops. We were a bit unsure about the weather and therefor we rather went to game to watch Germany playing. This was a bit special for Michelle since she is half German.

DSC_0565.jpg

Unfortunately Germany lost the game but the day was very nice and we enjoyed it a lot. Norway managed to win their game and we are exited about their further participation in the tournament. We will definitely travel to visit Michelle in Oslo when she has settled down. We have plans to see the Euros final if Germany and Italy meet one another but then I believe that my boyfriend and Michelle will sit on different tables haha.

• Reply Amitav Chowdhury June 24, 2016 at 5:55 pm

Wonderfully written. Yes, you do connect with people and in fact, it’s wonderful to interact with you. Even through your blog you are sending a positive message to the world and I feel lucky to have joined it. Best wishes to you and your friend for her future. Have a great day. 🙂

• Reply Jim June 24, 2016 at 6:11 pm

nice post and pics. where are the women volleyballers tho???

• Reply Roberta Pimentel June 24, 2016 at 7:17 pm

haha yes my boyfriend mentioned to me that he was a bit disappointed too since we only watched the mens game but since we were two woman and only one guy we got to decide haha

• Reply Tony Burgess June 24, 2016 at 6:11 pm

I love meeting people, I am an extrovert and act like a puppy around new people and I come on a little strong. Some people don’t know what to think about me.

• Reply mikerana June 24, 2016 at 7:32 pm

I believe Facebook gives us enough opportunity to remain connected and even when you are away for a long time, you can remain connected

• Reply Jane Lurie June 24, 2016 at 8:10 pm

Lovely post honoring your friendship, Roberta. It sounds like you may be together again. I was just in Oslo- what a fabulous city.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel June 24, 2016 at 8:49 pm

Thank you! Yeah, we will meet again for sure 🙂 Oslo is a very nice city 🙂
      Thank you for stopping by!

• Reply Sarah June 24, 2016 at 8:38 pm

you have been nominated: https://cocoamocha.wordpress.com/2016/06/24/liebster-award-nomination/

• Reply vcreationss June 24, 2016 at 10:04 pm

Best wishes to your friend

• Reply Lisa Meister June 24, 2016 at 10:23 pm

Roberta, I like how much importance you put into friendships. Friendships take a lot of time to work out fun ways to spend time together. I am inspired to be a better friend…Thanks!

• Reply maykhella June 25, 2016 at 4:29 am

Nice to connect culturally and linguistically with people who share similar backgrounds, particularly when living as expats 🙂

• Reply mikerana June 25, 2016 at 6:34 am

Hi roberta pimental, I wonder how you got the translator inserted into your site. Please guide me for my site efingertip

• Reply Aanchal June 25, 2016 at 8:54 am

Nice post 🙂 I have nominated you for the liebster award. Kindly check my recent post 🙂

• Reply Charvi Tandon June 25, 2016 at 1:41 pm

nice post !!
    me too an extrovert

• Reply flyingcolours603 June 25, 2016 at 2:56 pm

hey i am nominating you for bloggers recognition award you can see your name in my list i hope you will accept it

• Reply Roberta Pimentel June 25, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Hey beautiful! Thank you so much for the nomination, which I do appreciate, but I get many nominations and unfortunately my time schedule is pretty scarce and therefor I don’t have time to participate in more nominations. Wish you best of luck 🙂

• Reply dilipnaidu June 26, 2016 at 8:15 pm

Roberta you writings are fun to read. Your ability to make friends easily is so wonderful. Cheers for now and some flowers for you 💐

• Reply Roberta Pimentel June 26, 2016 at 8:25 pm

Thank you so much! I appreciate your feedback! Wonderful that you stopped by and I accept your flowers hehe 🙂

• Reply teachertrudi October 4, 2016 at 8:16 pm

Well said. Thank you for sharing.