Blog

Rainbow led to an Italian appetiser

June 29, 2016

I have always been fascinated about all the beautiful things in the nature and rainbows are such a spectacular view. Today I had such a pleasure to be able to experience it from my window and it was a magical moment.

My boyfriend and I were sitting in the sofa talking while it was raining outside and going out was the last thought that would come to our mind on such a rainy day. Suddenly the weather changed and when we looked out the view on the picture below was what met ourย eyes. We had been busy all day with work and study and therefor we considered this a perfect opportunity to do something romantic together.

DSC_0480

DSC_0479

We went out not knowing where we were suppose to go. While we were walking we agreed on stopping by the supermarket to buy something to eat since we both were a bit hungry. We did not know what to buy and we were feeling a bit tired of the Norwegian food. While we were walking around in the supermarket we were looking at all kinds of food. Actually I suggested a really typical Norwegian dish to my boyfriend but then he looked at me with sad eyes and said “no not another old Norwegian dish once again”haha.

My boyfriend Johan is pure Norwegian or that is at least what his passport says. If you will ask him you would not get that answer and he is sure that somewhere in his family, there has to be some mediterranean haha. He has travelled a lot to Italy and he has fallen in love with Italian culture and food. When he discovered the Italian prosciutto he could not resist it and went straight to find some Italian cheese as well. I was a bit sceptic since I had never tried that appetiser before but decided to trust him for this time. I am sceptical when it comes to food since if I have get used to something I like to stay with it. On other things I am very open minded but not when it comes to food haha. This has changed a bit after I met Johan though.

On our way home we stopped by a shop run by foreigners which sells all kinds of food that you don’t find on traditional supermarkets in Norway. They sell some amazing olives that we have fallen in love with. We thought that we had bought the regular ones but the look tricked us and we ended up buying the spicy ones instead. Anyway, they were tasty as well despite having to drink some extra water haha.

DSC_0472

When we came home we enjoyed the appetiser and I must admit that I loved the food that my boyfriend decided for us today and now I can add another thing on my list of the food that I really like. ๐Ÿ™‚

DSC_0475

How are you preferences about food? Do you like to experience new tastes or do you prefer to stay with what is known to you?

No Comments

• Reply Potential Doctor June 29, 2016 at 12:46 am

Beautiful pictures! And I love your positive attitude! Thanks for sharing! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Rashad June 29, 2016 at 1:30 am

Even if we take rainbow out of the picture, it would still be a beautiful view to wake up to. Rainbow is just like an icing on the cake. Lucky you?

• Reply Marquessa June 29, 2016 at 1:35 am

Lovely! I always see rainbows when in San Juan.?

• Reply vcreationss June 29, 2016 at 1:58 am

Hi there ….wonderful pic from te window …
    Regarding food I love to explore of the items I haven’t tried. I end up ordering new things instead of the same stuff but once the taste fits in I prefer that

• Reply Roberta Pimentel July 7, 2016 at 12:44 pm

Thanks for your feedback and for stopping by ๐Ÿ™‚
      Cheers!

• Reply Jim June 29, 2016 at 3:45 am

wonderful pics. and as for the food, my preference is good food with good company.

• Reply Carolyn Page June 29, 2016 at 3:46 am

Definitely love to try anything new!
    Love your images, Roberta. What a wonderful view – inside and out!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Fernanda Guevara June 29, 2016 at 5:20 am

I’d say my food preference varies, although I do like to stick with those foods I love, every once in a while I like to splurge it up a little and try new things. ?

• Reply Aditi June 29, 2016 at 5:31 am

Beautiful pictures and nice post! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply smilecalm June 29, 2016 at 8:14 am

may you continue
    to eat & live well ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Candy Girl June 29, 2016 at 11:05 am

Que presente ver esse arco-รญris! Perfeito!! Eu como tudo, sรณ nรฃo curto carne. A menos que seja salsicha ou carne moรญda, tudo misturado no hot-dog ou no tacos. Agora, se fosse escolher um tipo de comida, a japonesa ganha meu amor sincero, amoo sushi!!
    Salivei por essas azeitonas! Beijo!!!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel July 7, 2016 at 12:39 pm

Um presente divino hehe.. Eu adoro carne mas tambรฉm amo taco rsrs. Comida japonesa e tudo de bom tambรฉm. Bjs

• Reply Divya Deepak Rao June 29, 2016 at 11:35 am

The rainbow looks beautiful Roberta! I love trying new food & cuisines …Italian is a big favourite !

• Reply Lisa Meister June 29, 2016 at 12:12 pm

That rainbow was so pretty! Sometimes I am adventurous with foods, but sometimes not. If I don’t like a food, then I feel bummed I didn’t take the food I liked in the first place. But I do get excited to try food from a distant country. Keep posting…this was fun.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel July 7, 2016 at 12:31 pm

That you so much for reading and for the nice feedback! ๐Ÿ™‚
      Have a great week!

• Reply joshi daniel June 29, 2016 at 1:02 pm

that is wonderful ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply flyingcolours603 June 29, 2016 at 1:25 pm

to be honest i do not like veggies much but rich meat potatoes love it

• Reply Trinity June 29, 2016 at 3:08 pm

I love trying new tastes and combinations; I often go to a Persian or Asian store and buy something I have NO idea how to use, then come home and google recipes. ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Shauna841505 June 29, 2016 at 5:40 pm

Gorgeous rainbow! As for the food, I like to try everything! However, when we stick around where we live, we tend to go out to the same places. But recently I just tried escargot and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!! So bring on the new foods! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply lajuani June 30, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Another simple post about your daily life. Roberta, I truly love reading your posts; most days I just type your name in the search box, eager to read what you have written for the day.
    I LOVE trying new foods, I used to live in Spain so for me all the variety of tapas was endless, and I loves tasting all sorts. That little dish of heaven that you and your boyfriend tried looks just perfect. I love nibbles ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply Roberta Pimentel July 7, 2016 at 12:28 pm

Aww, that is really sweet of you! I’m sorry for late answer but have been really many comments here that I miss yours. I was in Spain last year and the food there is amazing ๐Ÿ™‚
      Thank you for stopping by and reading my post! Have a great week!
      Cheers!

• Reply milesmb3 June 30, 2016 at 10:47 pm

Love the way you responded to nature’s beautiful moment by creating a beautiful moment of your own!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel June 30, 2016 at 10:49 pm

Thank you ๐Ÿ™‚ I’m glad that you liked.
      Thank you for stopping by I do appreciate ๐Ÿ™‚

• Reply 83unsungheroes July 6, 2016 at 3:41 pm

I used to have a plan when I was in countries that didn’t speak English as their first language. When we’d go to a restaurant, I would pick something from the menu that I could not translate and see what came! (I eat most things, so it was not too much of a problem).

We also did not like going to quiet restaurants, figuring that the best ones are the ones that are always busy!

In the UK there seem to be too many restaurants who just put food in the microwave. I certainly appreciate one that prepares the food.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel July 7, 2016 at 12:25 pm

I also like when they prepares the food and not put on the microwaves.
      Have a nice week!