Blog Relationship

Time for each other

August 1, 2016

I have been sick since Wednesday and I have not left the house except for Friday when I was at the doctor to pick up some medicine. Today is the first day where I don’t have any pain in my throat only losed my voice so I hope that I will be back tomorrow. However, the most important is that the pain is gone.

Anyway, I have not been the best company for my boyfriend since I have been sick and I have blamed him for my pain haha. I must thank him for having been so patient with me when I have been sick and he has handled my complaints and supported me.

Today I felt that I had to treat him well and that is why I invited him out for a walk without any mobile distractions. I also needed some fresh air since Β I had not felt the air in many days. It is nice to go out without the mobile since then I focus on him and since I sometimes have an addiction to my mobile it felt that it was good to give him the full attention. I am working on my addiction and hope to be better in that area.

13866633_1759266934289753_382272111_n

We went in the nature close to where we live because the weather is not so stable nowadays and we were afraid that it would start to rain. He brought the mobile with him since he hardly uses it for social media and took some pictures of me and us together. He doesn’t like to take many pictures of himself and that is why there is only one picture of us together as you can see above. We had a great time where we spoke together talking about our dreams and how we want to achieve them. I will write a bonus post for my August posts where I talk about what makes our relationship special.

13883814_1759266944289752_1543203261_n13866739_1759266954289751_593316739_n13866741_1759266977623082_258344555_n13872505_1759266984289748_835109350_n

One of our dreams is to move to Canada someday since we are amazed about the country and the openness of the Canadiens. I have also a dream to travel to the US one day to visit my friend who lives in California. It is important to spend some quality time together and just talk without any distractions since it is easy to get distracted by phones, computers etc at home and it is crucial for making the relationship work. This was one of those days where we decided to spend some quality time together and enjoy the not so warm Norwegian summer haha.

paypal-300x164

• Reply emotionsoflife2016 August 1, 2016 at 2:05 am

You rock, feel better soon

• Reply Josh Gross | The Jaguar August 1, 2016 at 2:15 am

What a great thing to do with your boyfriend! You’re 100% correct: healthy relationships require couples to spend time together free of distractions. Also, like your boyfriend I don’t like to be photographed either. So I can relate to how he feels!

On an unrelated note, which area(s) of Canada are you hoping to move to? There are so many beautiful places and wonderful people there!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 1, 2016 at 2:25 am

Yeah we try to focus on that πŸ™‚ we would like to move to Toronto or Montreal but for Montreal we should learn French right?

• Reply Josh Gross | The Jaguar August 1, 2016 at 6:01 am

I’m pretty sure there’s a large French speaking population in Montreal, but since I’ve never been there I’m not certain how important it will be for you to learn it.

• Reply Geoff with a G August 1, 2016 at 2:20 am

Canada is pretty great, hope to have you visit Toronto one day!

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 1, 2016 at 2:23 am

Toronto is the place we want to live in. How is it to get a job in finance there?

• Reply Geoff with a G August 1, 2016 at 2:25 am

Tough to get a job now, but if you know the right people, anything can happen. Toronto real estate is going crazy right now so a lot of people can’t afford to stay.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 1, 2016 at 2:28 am

Yeah it is like Norway then. We are struggling with the falling oil prices while the housing prices are skyrocketing. Well, we don’t know anyone in Toronto so then it would be a bit hard for now.

• Reply alvarezgalloso August 1, 2016 at 2:50 am

Thanks for this post. There is nothing like spending time with a loved one.
    Ricky Nelson (a US Rock Artist of the 1950s) in his song “Teenage Idol” wrote and recorded a song about that. Luis Bravo (a Cuban Rock Star) recorded the Spanish version before leaving Cuba in 1962. Aside from the history, the song simply has one lesson. No material good is worth anything if there is NO Love or couple.
    I wish you the best in Canada although I heard that the happiest people are in Norway. But again people have to find happiness in their own way. Best wishes to both of you.

• Reply Emmanuel Music And Film Entertainment August 1, 2016 at 2:54 am

I know the feeling. Because I’m not feeling good at all. So i know your pain.

• Reply Jim August 1, 2016 at 3:17 am

glad you are feeling better.

• Reply michnavs August 1, 2016 at 7:10 am

Beautiful pictures i love it….its ironic though sometimes we get to have quality time with the ones we love when eitherwe are sick or down…but nevertheless its good to have quality time with them regardles of.

• Reply Lis August 1, 2016 at 8:19 am

…es wird von Tag zu Tag besser… alles Gute <3 Lis

• Reply prashantt August 1, 2016 at 8:46 am

Beautiful post,all that require for healthy loving relationship is the time we spent together to create memories.Wish you a great week ahead with good health πŸ™‚

• Reply autistsix August 1, 2016 at 3:41 pm

As a difficult woman whose husband of 24 claims to still adore her. Might I suggest when you are both doing your own thing take a leaf out of the terrier’s (dog) book; Touch. Just arms touching, or feet, your head on his shoulder or arm, or even back to back. There is something beautiful about both doing your own thing but maintaining that simple physical contact. But that is additionally to not replacing talking etc & all the good things you talked about. It’s also great when you are both sleep deprived, child inundated, or sick & grumpy but know you should apologize.

• Reply Christopher Bland August 1, 2016 at 8:12 pm

Get well soon! And have a great day.

• Reply dianaed2013 August 1, 2016 at 8:32 pm

It quite worries the older generation that the art of conversation is dying out especially when you see friends and they are not talking to each other but both are engaged with their mobiles

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 1, 2016 at 8:45 pm

I agree! I have an issue that I’m working with πŸ™‚

• Reply arv! August 2, 2016 at 2:28 am

You look pretty Roberta! Good to have me time

• Reply sparkledawn August 2, 2016 at 9:10 pm

Hope you are feeling better soon.