Blog Daily Prompts Relationship

Apology

August 2, 2016

There are written many songs about apology and it is an action that can be hard for humans to take. There are many reasons why but one of the most common reasons is proud where we don’t like to admit that we were wrong. Relationships can easily get destroyed when the parts don’t want to swallow their pride and ask for forgiveness in order to fix the issue and it is such a pity I think. Why risk ruing good friendships, relationships and marriages just because of something that should be so easy to do. Just say sorry.

DSC_0571

Well, I know that it is not that easy and me and my boyfriend we have had some argues where we both have been proud and where the argues have escalated since we both were proud and said things that we really did not mean. When we are friends again we always ask one another why we waited that long and why we couldn’t just say sorry right in the beginning. This is an area that we work a lot on to improve in our relationship since it will save us so much energy and make the harmony in the relationship much better.

I think that we have improved a lot and our argues doesn’t tend to escalate now since we have learned to swallow our pride, talk about the issue and apologise right afterwards. It has helped our relationship and the communication has improved as well. Every human being makes mistakes and it is just silly to try to act perfect and neglect to admit mistakes. This mindset helps both me and my boyfriend in our relationship but also in the relationship with others.

paypal-300x164

• Reply Tom Schultz August 2, 2016 at 1:14 am

Very true. And acknowledging our errors takes less energy than remaining defensive about them.

• Reply John August 2, 2016 at 1:19 am

Relationships as with marriage are a give and take thing. Knowing how to truly forgive your significant other goes a long way too.

• Reply Emmanuel Music And Film Entertainment August 2, 2016 at 1:33 am

What a powerful comment. You are so right, if people just understand the information and focus on relationship or marriage then they don’t have to worry about it.

• Reply jrhandleyblog August 2, 2016 at 2:19 am

Sometimes pride just gets in the way and you want the other person to say it first…..

• Reply alvarezgalloso August 2, 2016 at 2:27 am

Thanks for this article.

• Reply Amitav Chowdhury August 2, 2016 at 4:17 am

A wonderful article. And this line says everything- ‘Every human being makes mistakes and it is just silly to try to act perfect and neglect to admit mistakes.’ So true.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 3, 2016 at 9:25 pm

I’m glad you like it! Yeah everyone makes mistakes but sometimes is difficult to admit.

• Reply Rajiv August 2, 2016 at 7:01 am

Well, my wife and I have one rule, which we instil in the kids – never go to sleep without making up

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 3, 2016 at 9:26 pm

Nice rule! Me and my boyfriend have the same rule. Thanks for reading.

• Reply kristinakoti August 2, 2016 at 1:17 pm

Couldn’t agree more 🙂

• Reply writingandalcohol August 3, 2016 at 2:00 am

Hi Roberta! I noticed that is is difficult for men to say sorry(Men wait…) but I noticed that they can easily forgive than women does. They can just easily forget the wrongs we have caused them. I don’t know if it is the same with others 🙂 As I said, this are just my observation with the man I am involved with (I.e my husband and my son) 🙂

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 3, 2016 at 9:29 pm

Maybe you are right 🙂 Thanks for reading!