About me Blog Daily Daily Prompts Life Society

Daily -I'm-possible

October 4, 2016

I must say that I have never ever in my life been afraid of new challenges and bringing new people into my life. I am a very social person which has resulted in many friendships and experiences that have made be the person I am today. Additionally the past has also made me the one I am today and not just in a positive way.

There has been a lot of thoughts and feelings bubbling in me and there are some scars from the past when I lost the most important in my life. In a way it benefitted me since loosing everything made me realise that I had to change which saved me from myself. I must say though that loosing everything was also very hard and it is difficult to fight my way back to life again. I guess that this experience has been a curse and a blessing at the same time.

Moving to Trondheim has been a process that has worked better for Johan than for me. I like the city and the apartment that we live in, but I don’t have the same network that Johan built in Trondheim by making phone calls to recruitment companies etc when we were still living in Stavanger. I had to start from scratch here which delayed my job process somewhat. It has been a bit lonely being all alone at home and I must admit that I have felt a bit down lately. I am glad for Johan’s development since he can provide for both me and him in the future with his salary while I cannot do the same and that is the main reason for why we moved in the first place.

Today he invited me out for a walk since he understood that I was feeling a bit down. I must admit that I find it difficult to dare to build network in the same way that Johan did. I believe that things from the past have made me afraid of connecting. It is so strange to write this since I am a person that everyone believe connects with the whole world. The people who know me well know that this is not true. I struggle to trust ordinary people and Β I actually find it easier to trust a drug addict than a person on the mall. Strange but true. I must challenge myself in this area and start to not give a damn about what others might think of me. I must start to ignore the judgement that I feel from others. I must dare to show the whole world who I am without being afraid of being rejected. I must start to believe that I am a resource and that my past can be beneficial for others in the way that I can inspire people by showing them that even though you loose everything you can always fight your way back. My life is an example of exactly that.

14607951_1784665741749872_229274414_n

In order to be able to do this I must start to dare. As the famous football club Tottenham Hotspur says it: “To dare is to do”. I really like this frase and it actually makes me a little Spurs fan haha, no I am just kidding but there motto really fascinates me. I believe Trondheim is a new start for both me and Johan and I believe that we will be able to grow and develop in this city. I believe that it can be a wonderful home for us but I must face my demons and get rid of the thoughts from the past. I must dare to face them and overcome the silly person that whispers in my ear that I don’t dare or that I cannot. We are capable of doing everything that we want and I believe that faith can move mountains. Instead of impossible I choose to think I’m-possible.

Follow me on my Facebook:Β https://www.facebook.com/Roberta-Pimentel-122081677873993/

• Reply Raj Krishna October 4, 2016 at 9:49 pm

I must say that you are full of life…

• Reply The Photonomad October 4, 2016 at 10:02 pm

Don’t look back but, if you do, just have fond memories. You make your own luck. Life should be colourful. Enjoy every moment. Be kind to people. Like the people who like you. Be happy!

• Reply alvarezgalloso October 4, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Thanks. Enjoy.

• Reply Ngobesing Romanus October 4, 2016 at 10:53 pm

Interesting. Thank you!

• Reply rugby843 October 4, 2016 at 11:03 pm

Reblogged this on The Bag Lady and commented:
    This blogger has a great attitude for life. Stop by for a visit.

• Reply andersondeassisbarros October 4, 2016 at 11:09 pm

You are very elegant.

• Reply Kamalini Govender October 4, 2016 at 11:28 pm

β€œNothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” Audrey Hepburn
    Your post reminded me of that line. Often, people are content to not dare or dream because it’s easier to accept how the world tells us we’re failures or not good enough. I love seeing people being positive and taking a chance on life. We only get one…so go make the most of it dear!

• Reply alvarezgalloso October 4, 2016 at 11:46 pm

Thanks for your support. Were preparing for a Hurricane

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 4, 2016 at 11:47 pm

Omg! I heard on the news. Wish you all the best God be with you!

• Reply alvarezgalloso October 4, 2016 at 11:49 pm

Thanks Roberta. We are getting ready. I might do some Hurricane videos of people preparing. I am already getting ready. You might here some personal news in my blog so stay tuned. Thanks for your support.

• Reply harrietday98 October 5, 2016 at 12:32 am

Absolutely loved this post! Keep it up!

• Reply Gymgirl.org October 9, 2016 at 2:47 pm

Hey there πŸ™‚ I am trying to follow your blog, but it says I can’t? Any ideas why that might be?

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 9, 2016 at 2:49 pm

You just need to click on the follow button on your left side πŸ™‚ I can try to follow your blog so maybe you can follow me back πŸ™‚

• Reply Eccentric Muse October 13, 2016 at 11:15 pm

Yes, ‘to dare is to do’. That motto is singlehandedly the best motto of any football club in the PL. I’m actually a fan of the club. Keep believing. By the way, you have a great blog going on here. I’m glad I found it.