Blog Daily Society

Forgiveness is necessary to move on

October 18, 2016

Who has never committed a mistake in life? I have done so many that I have lost count of them, but you know what? I could never be the person I’m today if would never fail. Failing is how we grow and develop as a person as long as we are able to learn from them.

Yesterday I had a situation where someone copied a post that I wrote and I got angry at first and reported it to WordPress. Afterwards I wrote a post on my blog about it. I got a message from this person who was very sorry for what she had done and apologised for it. I just had to forgive her and I saw how regretful she was. She is only 18 years old and is at my daughters age. After hearing her side of the story i believe that she did not mean to copy but it turned out in that way. However, I believe that she knows how to give people credit in the future for their work and that it takes more than change a couple of words.

Anyway, I have forgiven her and we are friends now. She is a very sweet person and I wish her all the best on her blog. Everyone makes mistakes and forgiveness is crucial to move on in life. I have forgiven her and I will not delve more with what happened.

I just felt that it was necessary to write a post about it and tell my readers that we should all let it go.

• Reply depatridge October 18, 2016 at 8:13 am

Reblogged this on Matthews' Blog and commented:
    This resonates with my thoughts in a 2001 book on the healing power of forgiveness. I have always believed that love and forgiveness are like siamese twins. They work together to build, keep and sustain relationship.

• Reply mitadaur October 18, 2016 at 8:16 am

True. Forgiveness is definitely necessary to move on!! Thanks for sharing this message.

• Reply Chiradeep October 18, 2016 at 8:28 am

Roberta, I can feel what you’re going through. I would hate to see my write up flying in some other names. I would be literally mad. But again I appreciate you to express it on your blog and have the guts to forgive her. That’s very sweet of you. Forgiveness is not weakness but needs guts to exercise it.

Thanks for sharing your heart. Inspired! 🙂

Regards, Chiradeep

• Reply Rohit Rajeev Dubey October 18, 2016 at 8:35 am

Great!!

• Reply lizalizaskysaregrey October 18, 2016 at 9:40 am

Forgiveness is a strength ?

• Reply Ieva Kambarovaite October 18, 2016 at 9:40 am

I’m speechless here. Had no idea you had a daughter around that age. Wow!!! I thought you were in your 20s.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel October 18, 2016 at 2:30 pm

I will take this as a complement Leva hehe 🙂 I was just 17 years old when I got my first daughter. Very young age for having a child. I’m glad that she didn’t like me and focus on her studies first 🙂

• Reply sasha October 18, 2016 at 9:56 am

True… forgiveness makes us happy because there is no need of thinking about the shit they have done.. Il forgive people who deceived me but Il never forget what they have done!!

• Reply alifiyapersonalblog October 18, 2016 at 11:30 am

You did the right thing.
    She is too young .
    She is learning.

• Reply Stevie Turner October 18, 2016 at 12:18 pm

I am currently reading a book about the meeting between The Dalai Lama and Archbishop Tutu (The Book of Joy), where forgiveness and moving on is reinforced over and over again.

• Reply luckilylenny October 18, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I am starting to love you Roberta. <3

• Reply inkyfire October 18, 2016 at 1:26 pm

That’s really a beautiful way to move ahead…. Forgive !

• Reply Cahla's Tawkin' October 18, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Excellent post Roberta! Forgiveness is key. Sometimes it is difficult but it is essential for moving on and freeing up that energy.

• Reply consciousoftheheart October 19, 2016 at 1:11 am

That’s what life is all about, making mistakes and learning from them as well as showing forgiveness.