advice Life Society

My opinion about judging others

November 8, 2016

In this post I will write about something that I think every human being does. We are a thinking creature and thereby we make up our mind when we meet others or when we see them on television. I would say that we tend to like people that acts according to our standards and if there is a person that acts in a different way than the norms in the society we quickly judge that person.

These norms in the society might tell us that you should not get pregnant too early, take education and so on. We tend to try to dictate how people live their lives and if they cross the line of what is acceptable according to the norms we judge very quickly. If we are honest with ourselves I think that everyone who is reading this post including me the writer have judged someone based on their actions, clothing and so on. It comes very natural for us to do so and it is very convenient to agree with a person who is judging another person in social gatherings and so on.
It is very easy to judge others when your life is at its best or if you are just an average person. There is a Norwegian saying that I like very much and that is “glasshus” which means a house of glass. Our lives reflect a house of glass because we never know when we are about to make a mistake and we would not liked to be judged, however, we keep on judging others. I think it is sad and despite being guilty in judging others I wish that the world would not be in that way.
Who am I to judge another person as long as he/she obey the law and do no harm to others. Why cannot everyone focus on themselves instead of having so many opinions about how others live their lives. You and I we have no right to decide for others and we should accept their way of living their lives. I have always bad consciousness after having judged another person and I tell myself that I will never do it again but it comes sort of naturally to do it despite that I know that it is wrong.
I think that the media should put more emphasis on this topic. Despite that we are living in a world where we have more tolerance towards other people like their sexual orientation etc we have not reached our goal yet and this is an area where everyone has to improve. Off course there are some that judge more frequently than others but I don’t think that anyone in this world is perfect when it comes to judging others.
I have improved when it comes to judging others because I have faced this glass of house myself. I have been a judgemental person before and I liked to think that I was kind of better than others. I had success in my life and earned money until one day where I collapsed and things went very wrong in my life. Then I started to feel the judgement that others had about me and it was horrible to go through it. Now I have fought my way back again and I keep getting stronger everyday. I have focused on not judging others after this happening in my life because now I know how it feels to be the person that everybody judge. If you judge others frequently I think that you should think about what you are doing since it can affect people very badly. Like I sad no one is perfect but we all can improve…
Follow me on  Facebook and Instagram

No Comments

• Reply Nilzeitung August 23, 2016 at 8:10 pm

super !😃👌 Einstellung

• Reply alvarezgalloso August 23, 2016 at 8:47 pm

Great

• Reply Tony Single August 23, 2016 at 11:37 pm

Yes, I was a judgemental person too, and still can be when I’m not careful, so I could relate to this very much.

• Reply retroradiopodcast August 24, 2016 at 3:56 am

Why is judging negative? If I enjoy a good meal, am I not judging it to be good? If I judge a person to be a good citizen, am I still not judging? I know what you’re saying, and agree with your point. The trick is not to judge, but to recognize the standards we apply to others can, and just might be, applicable to ourselves.

• Reply mySestina August 24, 2016 at 7:45 am

I was going through your post where you have posted before and after make up pictures.. I wanted to comment there but could not, so commenting here.. I must say that you are beautiful with or without make up. Your features are so prominent and attractive.. You look great. stay blessed.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel August 25, 2016 at 10:20 pm

Thanks for making me smile! Appreciate your nice feedback! 🙂

• Reply Southern by Design August 24, 2016 at 8:59 am

So very true. Unfortunately we as people tend to have a hard time excepting what is not like us. We need to teach ourselves this skill it does not come naturally! Great read😊

• Reply thewritewomanblog August 24, 2016 at 3:13 pm

Very true and well expressed!

• Reply My Opinion About Judging Others — Highwaypay | Highwaypay September 26, 2016 at 2:24 am

[…] via My opinion about judging others — Roberta Pimentel […]

• Reply roseelaineblog September 26, 2016 at 4:48 am

There is only one that can judge us! Many times if we are quick to judge someone it is because we see something in them that we don’t like in ourselves……. I love people who are different, honest and not afraid to speak up for what they believe in. 😀 great post ..

• Reply radhikasreflection September 26, 2016 at 5:01 am

Absolutely true !!

• Reply supercalifragilisticexpialidocious September 26, 2016 at 5:39 am

We judge others because we lack something that we see in them. Instead of judging someone within the first few meets, it’s good to take a step back, be a mere spectator and observe before concluding anything. Circumstances and situations change people. Someone might be different because of their past experiences. Like they say, walk in my shoes for a mile before you judge me.😊

• Reply Bun Karyudo September 26, 2016 at 5:58 am

“Judge not lest ye be judged” is a line of Jesus I remember from Sunday school. I’m not particularly religious, but I did think there was something to this particular saying.

• Reply Idle Muser September 26, 2016 at 6:13 am

True Roberta.
    Being judgmental is in human nature. But restricting that nature with certain limits is in our hands.
    There are scenarios when we need to judge, we should judge. But other than that, it is absolutely unnecessary to judge somebody on the basis of the stories that we don’t know.
    It is said for a reason, “Every person holds a story within him, which nobody knows.”

• Reply OaktownVibes October 16, 2016 at 8:29 pm

I thoroughly love this. Everyone needs understanding and compassion, we all need to think before we judge. People are what they are and do what they do for reasons that are beyond us, we all judge but it definitely isn’t right…especially if we don’t care to see where they are coming from or why they are how they are. I enjoyed this read and following your blog has definitely been worth it. This was amazing.

• Reply amileinmyshoes October 16, 2016 at 8:46 pm

I agree with others above, many people judge because they’re not entirely happy with themselves sadly 🙁 People in glass houses shouldn’t throw bricks is a common saying, and as the Norwegians say – we’re all in glass houses. Good write 🙂

• Reply Esther October 16, 2016 at 8:50 pm

This is very true. We all have judged one time or the other, but as you said, we aren’t perfect, but we can definitely improve.
    Enlightening post. I loved it❤

• Reply Simon October 16, 2016 at 9:02 pm

This is very true, everyone e is different and is going through different things in our lives. No one has the right to judge anyone because none of us are perfect. Instead we should view others with care and love and be ready to help if they need it.

• Reply shewrites170 October 16, 2016 at 11:28 pm

It’s good to judge others, so that you don’t land in some trouble but that’s where the use of judging others should stop. In a world full of critics, be an appreciator of beauty in every form. When we point our finger, to others, to judge them, we point three fingers toward ourselves. So until and unless we are three times sure of our being right, we can’t judge if the other person is not.

• Reply armaansaini October 17, 2016 at 12:10 pm

Judging someone or being judging by someone are two of those things that destroys peace in the society. People judge and hate each other and so on. Also, and people don’t choose their favorite career for the fear of being judged.

• Reply Vinny Idol October 20, 2016 at 1:00 am

I like this topic and post. I hate judgemental people myself. I fancy myself as a non judgemental person, but I catch myself being a hypocrite occasionally. Thanks for the reminder. I practice yoga now, so its making me less judgemental. I also believe in the universal law of karma,so I definitely try to be righteous.lol

Thanks for liking my latest post.

• Reply Anthony Tornambe October 21, 2016 at 2:01 pm

I like your opinion!

• Reply sasha October 23, 2016 at 6:32 pm

Hello Roberta!happy to be on your blog.I have nominated you for the versatile blogger award for your amazing writings.I personally like your kindness in helping others to grow traffic and i love your blog for wonderful thoughts😊.Its your choice to accept or deny the award,but if you accept it,i will be waiting to read from you.😊

• Reply sasha October 23, 2016 at 7:00 pm

I forgot to leave the link so click here for more details https://sasha1010blog.wordpress.com/2016/10/23/the-second-versatile-blogger-award

• Reply lizalizaskysaregrey November 8, 2016 at 9:25 am

Enjoyed this post Roberta, I agree we do judge others but I don’t like it. We judge what we see and hear but have no understanding of where that comes from, no awareness of the experience behind it. If we judge others for not conforming to society’s rules it is because we are sheep. I love individuality, the strange ones, the misfits and the like. I do t always like what I see but I try not to judge if I can possibly help it just realise that. It everything will sit as well with me.

• Reply lizalizaskysaregrey November 8, 2016 at 9:26 am

* not everything will sit as well with me*

• Reply Business and Beyond November 8, 2016 at 9:33 am

Judging others has become a norm for every one of us. If you did not judge anyone throughout your life, then let us go to Vatican and canonize you. Though it is hard to avoid it, we can just keep it to ourselves. That way we can minimize the damage, although there may be others that would judge someone at the blink of an eye. This really is something that everyone can develop through themselves and teach to their young ones to cut the norm.

• Reply world4womencom November 8, 2016 at 10:01 am

This is so true. Knowingly or not I have judged others in few instances. Great post.

• Reply The Photonomad November 8, 2016 at 3:52 pm

Like the people who like you.

• Reply K@countingpenniesandsheep November 9, 2016 at 11:43 pm