Society

The secret behind Trump's victory

November 9, 2016

I was a bit silent during the elections in the US and I did not want to reveal who I was cheering for before yesterday evening. The reason for this is because I did not want to influence anyone in the US by my opinion since I was not voting in the country. I think that it was important that every American reader of mine was taking his or her own decision.

When I revealed my favourite yesterday I got a lot of comments and some were angrier than others. People were asking me how the heck I could cheer for Donald Trump. The whole family of my boyfriend were cheering for Hillary Clinton but I did not let myself affect by their opinions. Johan supports some of the opinions of Trump but did not dare to hope for his victory due to his sayings about NATO which frightens every Norwegian citizen. Norway is very dependent on NATO due to the situation of their neighbour in the east which is Russia. He was therefor a bit sad and afraid of the news that he got early this morning. I am not that stressed though since I don’t think that Russia will take action against Norway in any near future since I believe in American presence in the union.

donald-trump-make-america-great

(Picture source here)

The world is shocked of the news today and everyone are asking themselves how that guy managed to win when the whole world was going against him. Hillary seemed like a solid candidate for president and the majority believed that she was the one that was going to win the elections. I am not that shocked actually since I revealed his master plan early in the process. While Hillary was talking about the environment, gay rights and other values then the Donald was talking about normal American citizens from both lower and middle class and claiming that the American dream was dead. If you don”t have economic certainty in your life you will not care for gay rights ether if you’re not one of them. I think that this was a very clever move by him and I think that this was one of the big reasons for why this reality TV star could end up becoming the president of the US and the most powerful man on this planet. Focusing on this group in the American society helped him to win all kinds of groups even women which were expected to vote for Hillary due to his comments about women.

I am a woman and a minority in the country where I live in and you might wonder why I can cheer for a guy like him. I think that Hillary is for the elite and all this Wall Street people while Donald Trump was using his strategy to get to the White House by helping the most weak in the society by making America great again. Moreover, he has been a business man for many years creating so many work places for people which makes me believe that he will become a good president for the US.

Now he is reaching a hand to his opponents and then it is up to them to give him a chance to gather the American people and like Hillary said in her speech to give him a chance to lead. The American people is very divided right now and it will only get worse by not accepting the person elected.

15045542_10157687500245576_2037212777_n

Be nice to one another! <3

Follow me on  Facebook and Instagram

• Reply Wm. Allen November 9, 2016 at 9:03 pm

Very nice message

• Reply piratepatty November 9, 2016 at 9:10 pm

First of all I hardly think anyone was waiting to hear what anyone from any other country had to say about the election. Donald Trump is a billionaire. He knows nothing about the poor or working class. He made fun of disabled people, blacks, latinos and women.
    I am Norweigian/Scottish and my Norweigian family here all voted for Hillary. The KLAN was standing on overpasses this morning and none of my black friends feel safe right now.
    Let’s try and research before we speak.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 9, 2016 at 9:27 pm

Well, the thing is that the American election influence a lot of countries in this world. Therefor I believe that such a self claimed enlightened person as you should understand that this is of interest for Norway as well.

• Reply piratepatty November 9, 2016 at 9:32 pm

Of interest yes. But unless you live here and participated in the process and saw first hand what was going on and actually had to vote you shouldn’t tell us Why and How he won.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 9, 2016 at 9:40 pm

I think that there is no need for living there to get a good understanding of what’s going on there. We have been fed with this election for over one year now. It was a lot of people that did not understand what was going on then despite living there since so many voted for Trump according to you then. However, we live in a world with freedom of speech and this is my opinion and I have the right to have one as well. Just as Americans have their say in many other places in the world.

• piratepatty November 9, 2016 at 9:51 pm

I do not agree but I will always fight for your right to your opinion.😌

• Reply Alexandria Sage November 12, 2016 at 2:03 pm

I ask you to please read my comments below. Perhaps you will understand.

• Reply The Zen Hiker November 9, 2016 at 9:44 pm

Please explain then how you could support Hillary? She hasn’t even driven a car in 25 years. The black panther party actually threatened voters in 2012 at polling stations in Philadelpia. They also support hillary. Stop being a hypocrite.

• Reply piratepatty November 9, 2016 at 9:56 pm

Did not say I supported her. And I haven’t driven a car either. But my reason is no eyesight.

• Reply sarahngima77 November 10, 2016 at 12:09 pm

I personally feel for black people, being black, hispanics, and those of asian descent. Trump is a racist bigot who fuels racism. His election might lead to more cases of discrimination against people of color and sexual offenses, his morals being not less than those of an alley cat. Americans do not have each other’s interest, otherwise they’d have considered their black, hispanics and asian brothers/sisters. Trump is going to treat the presidency like a circus or his casino.

• Reply Alexandria Sage November 12, 2016 at 2:02 pm

I ask you to read my comments below. Maybe you will understand.

• Reply Rick Amitin November 9, 2016 at 9:17 pm

Speaking only for myself as an American; Our politics have become just another business. Public service has been replaced with public office where special interests and big money has taken over the will of the people. When Americans have had enough they usually do something to demonstrate they want change. This election reflects the power of the vote by many people who aren’t ordinarily all that vocal. The message sent is this, we don’t want more of the same old politics.

• Reply cwaugh212 November 9, 2016 at 9:24 pm

You were very thoughtful not to disclose your opinions on the American presidential race until after the election. Too many people from around the world had negative opinions of President-elect Trump fueled by the negative left leaning globalist elite media. When you do not have ‘boots on the ground’ in America or skin in the game, you should refrain from uninformed opinions. Over 50 million voters from rural America had had enough of the elites shoving regulations down their throat for many decades. This was a true revolt of the quintessential American voter. I think that everyone should give Trump a chance to follow through on his promises and then see the results. Thank you for your post, Roberta.

• Reply bercianlangran November 9, 2016 at 10:08 pm

I was with Bernie Sanders. Trump is just a mysoginist, racist, facist despicable human being. A bad example for everyone. Back in the earli XXth century, he would have been a member of the KKK. This is my opinion (the most polite way to tell it, btw) 🙂

• Reply Anna November 11, 2016 at 11:31 am

Why, he was actually endorsed by KKK

• Reply bercianlangran November 11, 2016 at 9:53 pm

Yep, and I would like the title of the Ramones’ song to be changed for good: “The KKK took Trump away, and took him away, away from us…”

• Reply Alexandria Sage November 12, 2016 at 2:04 pm

I ask you to read my comments below. Perhaps you will understand.

• Reply bercianlangran November 12, 2016 at 7:09 pm

I’ve read it. Nothing to say, really. Nothing can justify that person in charge of your country. Good luck, and I mean it! I’ve been fighting against injustice not only here, in my country, but everywhere, and I’ve just decided to believe in the human being, no gods, no governments that constantly lie to us and are corrupt, only working for the interests of big companies not the people. I have several American friends living here, working here, they could explain you what an amazing thing a national Health System is, for instance, and how happy they live here. And are they inmigrants? No, just people happily livng here, and we are happy to heve them with us.
        Enjoy your new president, he isn’t even prepared for such post, so, I repeat, good luck!!

• Reply bercianlangran November 12, 2016 at 7:44 pm

The best definition of Donald Trump, by Jonathan Pie: The pussy grabbing, wall building, climate change denying, healthcare abolishing, tax dodging, shit spewing demagogue…

• Reply sheldonk2014 November 9, 2016 at 10:17 pm

Government is for the people and by the people
    In the end Mr Trump will have to put his pants
    On one leg at a time
    And do the very thing everyone is complaining about Gover
    The Sheldon Perspective

• Reply gary loggins November 9, 2016 at 10:49 pm

though I voted for Libertarian Gary Johnson, I’m okay with Trump as president. The corruption of the political elite class, who promise everything and deliver nothing, has gone on far too long. Most non-partisan Americans are fed up with the lies and bullsh*t, working hard and getting nowhere, and rejected the elitists whole heartedly. Trump isn’t beholden to the special interests and, if he surrounds himself with good people, will help the working class. Bravo to you for showing interest in our election… we want to make America respected again!

• Reply Jim November 9, 2016 at 11:37 pm

nice post. politics here is so emotional right now but I am interested in hearing what people around the world think of this election, the results and ultimately how they feel it will impact the rest of the world.

• Reply Angeloftheshore November 10, 2016 at 1:28 am

Everyone has a right to their opinion. But there’s not a single thing about Trump I agree with or support from what I’ve researched. And I do not feel he has the experience to lead a country politically. It’s like hiring a baker to fix your car. Politics is different than business in many ways. And as a man, I have no respect for him. Hillary was not my first choice in the primaries, she is status quo for the most part. I indeed wanted change, (Bernie Sanders) but not the kind of change a Trump presidency will bring. We will be back into another recession quickly. And many rights people have fought hard to win will be in danger, But I look forward to the Congressional elections for new hope.

I appreciate your opinion and choice to voice your thoughts.

• Reply emotionsoflife2016 November 10, 2016 at 1:42 am

You don’t get to sit on the president chair without the blessing of so many bankers. It will be the same, the drama was great though.

• Reply Marisa Ulrich November 10, 2016 at 3:56 am

You make some interesting points. Though I was honestly for neither of them, at the end of the day, I have to say I am relieved Hillary did not win and I am looking for the positives this administration could bring, particularly as a Christian.

• Reply Barron November 10, 2016 at 5:04 am

One reason I would have rather had Hillary be president because she has pledged to uphold the separation of church and state, which is a foundation of America. Trump/Pence threaten that concept. I am also repulsed by Trump’s comments about disabled, women, and POC. That and his lack of self-restraint and decency make for a frightening future. I don’t think he cares about the country, but only cares about himself and his wealth. He understood the frustration of the working class, and pandered to them to get their vote. Now that he’s president, we’ll see if he really cares or not.

• Reply The secret behind Trump’s victory | Matthews' Blog November 10, 2016 at 8:24 am

[…] Source: The secret behind Trump’s victory […]

• Reply moonchildmanifesto November 10, 2016 at 3:26 pm

I want to comment on every post/pin/tweet/status that is about this election. I truly do. The odd thing is that, for the first time in a very long time, I can not place my finger on what I should actually SAY. I can’t figure out what words will be helpful and will actually do justice to the gravity of what is happening. All I keep saying is “Is this f*cking real?”

• Reply Don’t judge a person based on his/her viewpoints – Roberta Pimentel November 10, 2016 at 8:44 pm

[…] election in the US has done that and I am sad to see it happen. Yesterday I wrote a post about Trumps secret to success where I wrote about my viewpoints on how it was possible for him to win the election. I was […]

• Reply Naaria November 10, 2016 at 9:15 pm

Great post.

I’ve spent a lot of time looking into the things that Hillary’s said/done, as well as Trump. Being Canadian (though legally immigrating to the US), I think I can remain objective much more easily than those who are and have been emotionally vested in their country. I also tend to stay away from making final opinions based on the opinion of another ie big news network. If I find information, I look for evidence that proves what was said/done, or disproves it. Anyway, I truly believe that Trump is not the demon, and that Hillary is not the angel, that the media so desperately tries to convince us of.

If we look at facts, if we look at the whole truth and not snippets and exaggerations being spoon fed to us by media, it’s clear who has the interests of the American people in mind, and where their loyalties lie. While Clinton was out giving free concerts to pander votes, Trump was campaigning almost nonstop, speaking directly to the American people and instilling hope and confidence in them, promising that he will not betray the trust he is working hard to earn. Hillary sought to distract you and wave “free stuff!” in your face, hoping the free-ness of her generosity was enough to vote for her.

Half of the voters (I’m aware that she won the popular vote, however the electoral college was implemented for a reason) saw through this rouse. Half of the voters, who were already tired of being played and thought as fools by the elites decided “no more. I am not an idiot and I am not going to continue playing this fool’s game”.

I truly, truly believe that anyone who took both the content and the situation surrounding Hillary’s emails would never, with good conscience, vote for her. I truly, truly believe that anyone who took a moment to stop watching TV, news, etc, and looked at the full-context of Trump’s policies would see that he has the best interests of the American people in mind.

If you look at both candidates truly objectively, you will see who has America and its peoples in the forefront of their mind.

• Reply Lisa A. November 11, 2016 at 1:08 am

I disagree but we’re still buddies. Lol. He’s a businessman and doesn’t have any experience in politics. Hillary has at least 30 years of political experience. Obama had experience before becoming the president. Trump is disrespectful towards women, minorities and the disabled. He’s repulsive! It’s so depressing he won! People are upset and protesting in several cities in the U.S. and even in Europe. This has never happened in the U.S. He disgusts me to no end!

• Reply Lisa A. November 11, 2016 at 1:17 am

I voted for her. I wouldn’t vote for a bigot who disrespects minorities. I read his 100 days in office document and I don’t like what he has to say.

• Reply Nancy J November 11, 2016 at 8:55 pm

Could not agree more. Excellent, well-thought out article.

• Reply Nancy J November 11, 2016 at 9:00 pm

I am a bedridden, disabled woman, but I use my critical thinking skills. America did not want another politician in the White House. Also, she lost because he got the Christian, many Latino and African American vote, and also if you read the demographics, he got hundreds of women’s vote. Secondly, Hillary only won the popular vote by 200,000 which puts her 1% above Trump’s popular vote. But, sadly, the far left is as closed minded as the far right.

• Reply Nancy J November 11, 2016 at 9:01 pm

It was mainly because of the Supreme Court Justice appointment. Obviously, America is not ready for another far left Supreme court.

• Reply Alexandria Sage November 12, 2016 at 1:07 pm

Thank you for speaking out. Here’s my story. I am white, working class, woman. Wife, mother, grandmother. Christian. I am a nurse. My husband a professional mechanic. We are not making it. Due to the huge cost of healthcare my paycheck is much lower. I see people from other countries working here. I see my fellow Americans unemployed. I take care of illegal immigrants and not pay a dime. I see them get better healthcare than me and my coworkers. I see them at the stores with their EBT cards buying carts of groceries at my expense, while I’m living on a tight budget. Six nurses in my department including myself and my manager are not getting medical testing, medications, and doctor visits they desperately need because of our lousy healthcare plan. My take home pay is much less. It’s even worse for my college educated children who took no handouts. The job market is very poor pay for them. My daughter has many health problems but refuses to go on government Medicaid because she will lose her multiple specialists. And her plan was not even available for next year. She will pay $700/month for a lousy plan.
    As a Christian, if I try to express my opinion anywhere about concern for the loss of the unborn through abortion or any word against Obama or anything I disagree with, like all the riots and destruction of cities after a police shooting, I am shut up and labeled a bigot or a racist or anti-woman. My son is a police officer, a great one, and I am concerned about his safety on the job. For that, I am labeled racist and profiler. My own Christian faith, which does more relief work and charity in the world than any other faith, is labeled narrow minded, bigot. The Muslims are tolerated and pandered to, the atheists are labeled as modern and cool. They do nothing to help the needy. Our church is feeding the hungry every week, providing shelter for the homeless, packing shoeboxes with Christmas gifts for needy children, visiting prisoners every week, helping unwed mothers keep their babies and not destroy them through abortion.
    I drive through cities and small towns and they are dead. Buildings boarded up. Factories closed. Vines and rust collecting on them. My state has lost 650,000 textile jobs alone. Oh there are jobs. But nothing that can support a family. My college educated son-in-law works at Target for a lousy $11/hour. No health benefits for him because they work him 39 hours which makes him ineligible for benefits. There are no real jobs. Period.
    Our airports and roads are a shambles. Transportation in cities is gridlocked and there are so many wrecks everyday. It’s a nightmare.
    But here is the crux of the matter.
    I was forgotten. Forgotten. No one came to me. No one heard me. I wrote letters to President Obama. To my Senator. Called them about healthcare. No answers. No nothing. No change. Not even an intent for change or help.
    My free speech and my religious freedom was threatened. Federal judges and the Supreme Court were overturning cases and dictating the law of the land instead of we the people. Businesses were threatened and shut down because things were in violation of their religious beliefs.
    And my husband and I worked harder and saw our paychecks dwindling and our good healthcare going away.
    We were totally forgotten. We had no voice, no organization to fight for us in Washington. We had no time. We’ve been swimming upstream.
    But guess who came and visited us. Guess who came to small town America. The billionaire builder. He came, met, saw our towns. Spent time with us. Got to know us. Forget what the media says about him. So many untruths. As he got to know us, he changed. We got to know the real Donald Trump and he got to know us. He spent time with us. And he began to change. From big city billionaire to compassionate concern for us. Yes, he is a work in progress and has a dubious history. But people can change. And he is changed. We changed him. We felt like someone powerful was finally listening. We are constitutional Republicans. We are for everyone’s freedom. We are not racist, we are not Ku Klux Klan. We are not anti-Islam. We are not anti-immigration. Mr. Trumps words were twisted. We are against ILLEGAL immigration. I work with many who came through legally and they were disgusted too. Our inner cities, ruled by Democrats for decades, are a dismal picture of the deeply flawed policies of them. He got some of the black vote,too.
    And me? I was forgotten. No one ever “pandered” to me. But President-elect Trump came. He visited us. He heard us. And for all his imperfections his heart was moved. He cared that we were forgotten. And he gave us our voice back. He promised to not forget us. He promised to change all the corruption in Washington. He called out the corruption of the Clinton machine. Everyone was afraid to challenge their power. He did. And he was right.
    We promised our vote and followed through with our vote. And we are giving him a chance. With a full majority in both House and Senate, we are giving him a chance. Time will tell. And we will hold him accountable.
    But Hillary? Well, she never came.

• Reply cwaugh212 November 12, 2016 at 1:54 pm

Thank you for pointing me to your post. It is so eloquent in its simplicity and its sincerity. You have captured our plight perfectly. Everyone around the world should get a chance to read your words. They might then understand the phenomenon of the Trump movement.

• Reply Alexandria Sage November 12, 2016 at 2:00 pm

Oh thank you! I need to hear that! Perhaps I will. I need someone to encourage me because I have kept silent and spoke with others in secret for so long. I am a professional nurse specialist so am pretty educated and when I have spoken I have been so demonized. So I stayed silent. I will definitely consider it. Please feel free to quote me.

• Reply cwaugh212 November 12, 2016 at 2:20 pm

I will definitely quote you.

• Reply Nancy J November 12, 2016 at 5:31 pm

Alexandria, is there any way you can post this on your blog so that I can reblog this? I agree completely with what cwaugh212 wrote. Thank you!

• Reply Naaria November 28, 2016 at 10:39 pm

Beautiful story. I hope his Presidency brings you some relief in life; Lord knows everyone in existence could use a little.

• Reply Alexandria Sage November 12, 2016 at 1:51 pm

P.S. He did get an increased amount of votes from legal, registered Latinas and Blacks. Don’t know what the Asian votes were. They are all weary of not being heard. Legal immigrants who work here (I work with so many) were silent but shared with me in secret many of my own concerns. It cost them a fortune to come here and be legal citizens. They are suffering, same as me. It’s shameful that illegals get taxpayer-funded benefits and they’ve increased in number under Obama. So shameful. Once again, no one listened but Trump. Hillary totally absent and never expressed concern. When you rub shoulders with this in everyday life and a candidate totally leaves you out, it speaks volumes. Legal immigrants were left out, too. Did she ever mention them? No.

• Reply cwaugh212 November 12, 2016 at 1:56 pm

Let’s hear from others regarding your comments. Please do not stay silent.

• Reply Trump Wins: One Perspective | 360 Joy November 18, 2016 at 4:22 pm

[…] following is a response to Roberta Pimental’s post in response to the election. With the recent U.S. election of Donald Trump this young woman […]

• Reply Rob Spiegel November 25, 2016 at 5:02 am

Hi Alexandria, You sure did stir the pot. People all over have strong feelings on this. Thanks for your honesty in the face of resistance. I found myself on one side while my three brothers were on the other. These divisions can get painful. But i’s all part of the lovely human show.

• Reply Jacqui Murray December 4, 2016 at 5:51 pm

You’re spot on Roberta and the fair-minded naysayers will come to realize Trump is not what the press made him out to be (for example, the video of him insulting disabled–watching other videos of Trump on other topics reveals that his hand movements were what he uses to show confusion not derision. Yeah, I know, he’s an original). Your comment about NATO: He objects to NATO members that aren’t paying their way because the US no longer can carry over 50% of the financial burden of that organization. I think the Scandinavian countries all do their part (well, that’s what I’ve read).