Society

Don't judge a person based on his/her viewpoints

November 10, 2016

There are many ways of viewing the world and the democratic countries are run by the elected politicians. The citizens of a given country can influence the way the country is being governed by voting for the party or the candidate they support. Politics can also lead to fights, big fights, like we have seen in the US lately where the country is divided after a long period of election.

Every side believe very strongly in their way of understanding the world and what kind of systems they want their country to have and have often limited tolerance for the opponents viewpoints. I am a huge fan of politics and I am thankful for living in a country where we have democracy but politics can also harm if we use it as a tool for creating gaps between people.

img_4160

The election in the US has done that and I am sad to see it happen. Yesterday I wrote a post about Trumps secret to success where I wrote about my viewpoints on how it was possible for him to win the election. I was surprised by some of the comments that I felt were attacking since I believe that it should be possible to discuss politics and respect each others opinion at the same time. There is no need for becoming enemies just because of different viewpoints.

Politics is a powerful tool that is supposed to create excitement in people and where we can use freedom of speech and use the democracy to influence the country we live in. I would like my blog to be a platform where we can share different opinions and I would love to here more opinions on why Clinton should have been elected as president even though I was cheering for Trump since I think it is exiting to discuss and in that way I believe that we can develop ourselves as well. You will never develop if you are not challenged by others. However, I would ask people not to comment if they cannot argue for their viewpoints without discriminating others opinion.

Using the freedom of speech should not be taken for granted since there are many people in this world who would love to have that right.

The democracy is powerful but use it correctly.

Wish you all peace and love! <3

Follow me on  Facebook and Instagram

No Comments

• Reply Masoom Jethwa November 10, 2016 at 8:57 pm

I liked this post and thoughts conveyed.

• Reply The Photonomad November 10, 2016 at 8:59 pm

I did write something yesterday but I don’t think it loaded.

Hang on to your thoughts and opinions Roberta. People don’t always agree – as we’ve seen in recent weeks with the US elections and Brexit. But we have free speech here in Europe and in the US and people fought long and hard to either get it or protect it. Many people in the world do not have free speech and so they can’t speak out. Your views are important. We all know what happens when people remain silent or are afraid to speak out. People who are rude and intolerant undermine their own credibility when they go on the attack. It is all too easy for people to go on the attack on the Internet and that is just plain sad. We have to listen to and respect the views of others but surely we can do this without being rude. But then, who said it was a perfect world!

For my part I will watch Donald Trump with great interest. It all comes down to what he does now. Let’s hope he makes the world a safer and better place.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 10, 2016 at 9:24 pm

Appreciate your thoughts! Politics can be very complicate to talk about sometimes, but for sure I will hang on my opinion 🙂
      As you said “who said it was a perfect world” Let’s hope he do a good job as a president! 🙂
      Cheers!

• Reply Angeloftheshore November 10, 2016 at 9:01 pm

Clinton actual had a political resume and experience.

That was my first decisive point. Our country does need change, this I agree with. But not in the hands of a bigot. Not in the hands of someone who’s life has shown he cares about his own personal power, not helping his fellow man. He has a string of failed businesses and his money was inherited, not earned. His attitude towards women has always been disrespectful and ignorant. He is a tv personality and not much else.

My vote in the primaries was for Bernie Sanders. He lost to Clinton sadly. And while Sanders may have been my first choice, Hillary’s experience politically, her resume is impressive. As far as accusations against her, the RNC has been trying for years to dig up dirt and it hasn’t warranted much. And besides that, if she had been elected and anything with the emails proving illegal activity or crimes against her country, we have an impeachment process designed to handle that.

Donald Trump will do what he can to make his end of America great again, of that I have no doubt. I am certain he will do everything to ensure the upper one or two percent make out even better than they do now. His VP Mike Pence is a bit of an extremist in his politics and they are extremes I do not believe in one bit, he would be worse than Trump. And lets face it, Trump is 70 years old. Trump may have a handful of ideas that may help this country, but the rest that comes with it is bad news for many of the principals individuals have spent years fighting for freedoms for.

I do not hate anyone, do not hate you for your beliefs. I have run across many people who are hateful on both sides of this election debate. You wanted actual specifics so I shared my thoughts. I hope you do not see them as hateful.

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 10, 2016 at 9:11 pm

Thank you for your thoughts! I do respect your viewpoints and for sure I don’t take this as hateful Angelo!

• Reply theknowledgeofgoodandevilblog November 13, 2016 at 7:07 am

The time will soon come when you will have to be hot or cold. The days of Luke warm living are almost done…pfg4life

• Reply renew or redo November 10, 2016 at 9:22 pm

i agree with your thought,,i myself just want to live…i going to live and enjoy the few precious years that we have on this earth..i try not to hate on anyone ,,,as we all know nothing will be agreed upon by 100 percent of the people..I LOVE LOVE..SO TODAY I WILL LIVE…(P.S)..YOU HAVE VERY NICE EYES IN THE PIC..

• Reply Roberta Pimentel November 10, 2016 at 9:28 pm

Thanks for your thoughts and for the nice compliment 🙂

• Reply Barron November 10, 2016 at 9:36 pm

Well said, Roberta! I’m grateful that we all are able to share our opinions and thoughts and be civil about it.

• Reply cwaugh212 November 10, 2016 at 9:38 pm

Keep open this wonderful dialogue. I will add my two cents when appropriate.

• Reply gary loggins November 10, 2016 at 10:05 pm

Freedom of Speech is one of the many great things about living in a democracy. We can agree or disagree, but everyone has a right to have their voice heard. Keeping things civil seems to be disappearing, which is a sad comment on the state of our planet today. Great post, Roberta!

• Reply amileinmyshoes November 10, 2016 at 10:18 pm

Never there’s an advertising pitch. I have that film ‘Sausage Party’ in my head now though. Not very John Lewisy!

• Reply amileinmyshoes November 12, 2016 at 10:29 am

Oops, I was supposed to reply to another blog. That’s why this reply makes absolutely no sense. Sorry!

• Reply bercianlangran November 10, 2016 at 10:25 pm

I may or may not agree with you, but I will always respect you and all the people with different viewpoints to mine. In fact, I have very good friends with whom I do not coordinate, politically speaking, at all. I love all the evenings I spend with them arguing on this or on that, but respecting our friendship as friendship is far more important than politics. My opinion yesterday was completely opposed to yours, I wrote it and that’s all. I respect you, you respect me. I like your posts, the way you write.
    Greetings from Oviedo, Asturias, Spain!!

• Reply Wm. Allen November 10, 2016 at 11:20 pm

I think it is fine and even healthy for people to have the opportunity to hear various positions different from their own and I personally value hearing those positions. However, crude and demeaning comments are just a form of bullying and I do judge those who use that tactic.

Unfortunately for liberals in the USA, we see more bullying by them than we do from conservatives whose candidate won. I’m not saying that many conservatives would be any better if the election went the other way. But, I do think bullies hurt the cause that they care so much about.

• Reply spudbudette November 10, 2016 at 11:31 pm

Excellent insight, I find your comments refreshing:)

• Reply Carolyn Dennis-Willingham November 11, 2016 at 1:12 am

Roberta, your insights are your own AND they come from a good heart. Roll around in them with joy and know that, each day you live, more will come. 🙂

• Reply theonlysup November 11, 2016 at 4:39 am

We are not designed to please everyone.. There will be differences.. Don’t worry. U r doing amazing work spreading positivity and happiness . keep doing it. I love ur posts

• Reply TheFallibleQueen November 11, 2016 at 7:11 am

Politics unfortunately is such a touchy subject for people that they are often rude to others. I liked hearing your insight about why you rooted for Donald Trump. I personally voted for Clinton due a lot of her policies towards change. I’m hoping that Trump brings positive change to my country as he has promised.America is noted as a democracy but in actuality it’s a republic. If it were a true democracy we wouldn’t elect representatives to speak for each state. Donald Trump won by the electoral college system (the republic) not by the popular vote.

• Reply SmuGG BuGG November 11, 2016 at 7:13 am

Hi Roberta,
    Excellent! very nice thoughts about democracy. I like you post very much .

• Reply alvarezgalloso November 11, 2016 at 8:33 pm

Thanks for this post

• Reply Uttley November 12, 2016 at 1:25 am

Dear R,
    In my mind, you are very correct: rights like voting and free speech are even more important than who wins! Personally, I voted for Clinton – not because I had enthusiasm for her campaign, but because I believe that Trump is not competent. It was sad to choose the lesser of two evils this time, but I was confident that Clinton would win – not in my red state of Indiana, but in the overall. Imagine my shock and dismay when it went the other way! Now I fear that the world is thinking less of the US. I feel that we have elected someone who is not fit for the position. Yikes! I want to mention my agreement with the comment of TheFallibleQueen above too – did you know that Clinton actually got about a half-million more votes than Trump? Still because of our system he is elected. *sigh*
    Yrs,
    Uttley

• Reply Robert Matthew Goldstein November 12, 2016 at 8:58 pm

Sadly, people lose the ability to discuss heated issues with objectivity. Obviously, if the man is in the race then strategic discussions of how he can win are important for his opposition. It is this inability to separate the objective from the emotional that plague our democracy.

I’m sorry that you had to endure these attacks.

• Reply alvarezgalloso November 13, 2016 at 7:07 pm

I love the post and it is a pity you were attacked for expressing a viewpoint. I have been attacked by a minority of Republicans and Democrats for being Libertarian or voting for myself. I responded by saying both were insignificant.
    America is divided by race and ethnicity with people leaving

• Reply alvarezgalloso November 13, 2016 at 7:42 pm

I forgot to finish. This division has caused people to have a desire to leave America. Others have talked secession which may occur in the future. There are a one percent who would welcome a monarchy.
    Of all the things I saw, a group of US Citizens wanted Russia to govern America.