advice Life Society

Stress can make you sick

November 18, 2016

Happy Friday fabulous readers! Aww finally the Friday is here and it is time to have fun and use time for ourselves and our love ones. Today I want to talk about something really important that I have learned about on the course today which actually made me sick a couple of years ago.

The course is very interesting and they talk about some very important topics in working situations. Many years ago I had many jobs to take care of my kids since I was a single mom. My mom was here to help me while I was working that much but I do regret it since I could not spend as much time with my kids as I would like to. The body gave me many signs that I ignored and I carried on too far without listening. It is important to stop soon enough. I did not do that. The signals were bad feelings in the stomach, hard to concentrate, forgetting things and hard to fall asleep since I was thinking about all the things you have to do. I let it go so far that I collapsed and I lost my car, job, apartment and many other things of importance at once.

I was sure that my life was over and I did not want to live anymore. I believed that I would never recover from the situation and I got really depressed. Luckily I have many good people in my life that helped me to find my way back to life again and I am on my way to get many of the things I lost back again. Still there are many things that I have to fix but patience will help me. I met my boyfriend during this period and he has been one of the most important people in my struggle back to life. I must say that he has strengthen my self confidence to a much higher level going from a person that had no belief in herself to a person that actually believes in herself and believes in the future. However, I also needed professional help.

dsc_0652

The message in this post is to not wait as long as I did. Don’t wait until you need professional help. Listen to the signs the body tells you. Everyone faces stress from time to time but a stress that is going on for a longer period will harm your body. Today I don’t need professional help which I am very thankful for but I wish that I would have reacted before since I could have saved myself from a lot of trouble. I am revealing more of myself now since I have been blogging for 6 months here and the reason for why I do this is to be able to help other people. If you are in a similar situation or know someone don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions. I will love to help!

Follow me on  Facebook and Instagram

Take care! ♥

• Reply gunnardeckare November 18, 2016 at 8:21 pm

A tough lesson to learn! I have been there too! I wish you all the best for the future!

• Reply Lana November 18, 2016 at 8:22 pm

Thank you so much for sharing Roberta. I am so glad you came through it and are an inspiration to others <3

• Reply anotetohuguette November 18, 2016 at 9:02 pm

So glad to hear that you are on your way and thank you for sharing a very timely post as we make our way through stresses we may encounter in our lives.

• Reply Libby Sommer November 18, 2016 at 9:15 pm

thank you for your honesty Roberta. an excellent post.

• Reply Stress can make you sick — Roberta Pimentel – disue November 18, 2016 at 9:58 pm

[…] via Stress can make you sick — Roberta Pimentel […]

• Reply kbeezyisviral November 18, 2016 at 10:33 pm

Stress can eat away at you from within. I’m happy to hear that you’ve fixed the problems in your life. I’ve always believed there’s no circumstances that a soul cannot bear.

• Reply Jim November 18, 2016 at 11:04 pm

hey! there’s that young woman in a pic once again. nice post.

• Reply Scott November 18, 2016 at 11:30 pm

Yes, stress is real and it’s a killer. I suffered a stress-related stroke at age 48. Spent some time in the Portland VA hospital. It took 11 years to get my life back. If Barb hadn’t been a nurse standing by me I would lost my life too.

There are more things more dear than money.

• Reply world4womencom November 19, 2016 at 12:06 am

Actually I feel stressed many a times because I am unemployed. But reading about many inspirational people around helped me combat the depression to a great extent. And your post is one among those inspirational posts. Thank you for sharing your story.

• Reply theonlysup November 19, 2016 at 12:52 am

It must have been hard for u then .. And since ur partner was helpful in many ways .. I’m sure there has been a paradigm shift.. Thanks for sharing this ..

• Reply rugby843 November 19, 2016 at 5:15 am

You are an inspiration. Keep working the blog!

• Reply Lisa A. November 19, 2016 at 3:45 pm

Good post, Roberta. I’m kind of going through the same thing right now. To be honest, it’s not that bad losing a job. I really hated that job! It was really dragging me down. It’s nice being able to spend more time with my son and not feeling as tired.

• Reply alvarezgalloso November 19, 2016 at 4:53 pm

Thanks for this post

• Reply r_prab November 20, 2016 at 4:26 am

How compassionate of you, Roberta to offer to help everyone going through it! I too had an experience of it once and truly, nothing but only the company of caring friends and kin help get out of it.Nothing else heals. I wish you get over what worries still remain.Your optimistic words and your hearty smile always brings a nice positive feeling! Keep sharing the positivity! 🙂

• Reply ledrakenoir November 21, 2016 at 7:28 pm

Stress kills a lot more people every year than traffic do – we aren’t good enough listening to our bodies – and not good enough to say yes and no in right time.