Today I have the honour to introduce a new special guest and this time my guest it is Kevin Morris which is a huge inspiration. He is working in a field that I think it is a very important field which is climate changes. I will definitely recommend you to read his interview and get inspired. Don’t forget to visit his blog.
If you would like to participate on my special guest please send me an email at email@example.com and I will give you all the info you need.
However, let’s start the interview.
Hi Kevin, it is an honour to have you here today and I look forward to read your answers.
1. What or who inspired you to start blogging?
I wished to share my writing with the world, hence I started my
2. Can you describe your blog to someone that never read it?
My blog, newauthoronline.com contains many examples of my poetry
together with my published works. It also includes guest posts on a
variety of topics.
3. What’s your favourite part of blogging?
I gain tremendous pleasure when one of my poems captures the
imagination of a reader and they comment on it. Its wonderful to know
that my writing is appreciated.
4. What is the most difficult things about blogging? And what do you
find the easiest?
Finding time to blog can be difficult. I have a full-time job and
fitting in blogging around my paid work can be problematic. In
addition inspiration does not always strike and I can spend protracted
periods sitting at my computer and not writing a single word.
As regards the easiest thing about blogging, it is easy to compose a
post. It is, however more difficult to write one of sufficient quality
to put out there in the blogosphere.
5. How much time do you spend on blogging?
This varies from day-to-day. I would say that in the average week I
spend 3-4 hours blogging (including both writing and responding to
6. What do you think is the best social media strategy to get more
visitors to a blog?
Produce high quality content and connect your site to social media
outlets such as Twitter and Facebook making it easy for people to
share your content.
7. Is blogging worth doing? Would you encourage other people to make
Blogging is worth doing if you have a goal in mind (for example to
share your writing with the online community). However, in order to be
a successful blogger one needs to produce high quality content and
blog regularly (at least once a week and more often if you have the
time to do so).
8. How do you motivate yourself to keep the blog up and running?
I enjoy sharing my writing, which provides motivation for me to keep blogging.
9. What was the most challenging moment in your blogging journey so far?
I cant think of one.
10. Can you name some of your favourite bloggers and explain why they
are your favourites?
I read and enjoy many blogs and don’t feel it would be fair to single
out particular sites as being my favourites.
11. What do you think is the best strategy that worked well for you to
get more traffic to your blog?
Composing poems which my readers enjoy reading. In addition I visit
other blogs and comment on their content which leads to people
commenting on (and following) my site.
12. What are you doing besides blogging?
I work for the civil service in the field of energy and climate change.
13. Is blogging your profession or just a hobby?
My profession is as a civil servant. Blogging is, however important in
that it allows me to promote my poetry.
14. A lot of people think that blogging is an easy way to make money
online. Do you have some tips for those people who are interested in
making money from the blog?
I disagree with the idea that blogging is an easy means of making
money online. There are millions of blogs out there and it is
difficult to build up a following let alone use your site as a vehicle
for marketing/selling products. I have little knowledge of marketing.
However I would say that to have any chance of making money you need
to be providing a high quality product or service which people wish to
15. Is there anything you would like to add?
Thank you to Roberta for interviewing me.
I am the one who has to thank you for your participation. You are a real inspiration. You can visit Kevin’s blog here